🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

o2 price increase

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    movilogo wrote: »
    BT is providing landline + 10 GB/month internet for £14. Sounds interesting.

Have you got a link please? I thought the £14 was on top of the monthly line rental, at least it is here: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayCategory.do?categoryId=CON-TOTAL-BB-R1
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I understand the issues re caps and traffic management, but can't o2 simply change their T&Cs to incorporate these into the legacy tariffs if they wish (giving suitable cancellation rights to those in contract), in which case the days of the true legacy tariffs may be numbered anyway if that's the way o2 want to go?
  • dscarff
    Options
    I've just got off the phone with o2, I have been a customer for a couple of years now. The price increase for me is £10 to £13 for Broadband and £9.50 to £10 for line rental. They offered me either 3 months free or a £2.50 discount p/m for 12 months on the Broadband. New 12 month contract applies. They stated that as I remain on an old package (O2 Home Broadband Premium) I won't be affected by the traffic management.
  • steveo3002
    steveo3002 Posts: 2,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 February 2011 at 7:05PM
    Options
    just got my email its going up to £15.29 :( im some wierd service for those that live in the sticks that i got through a friends n family deal ( someone off here thanks)

i dont have a o2 mobile atm , would it be worth getting a payg to cut the bill at all? im a very light mobile user
  • laurel01
    Options
    steveo3002 wrote: »
    just got my email its going up to £15.29 :( im some wierd service for those that live in the sticks that i got through a friends n family deal ( someone off here thanks)

i dont have a o2 mobile atm , would it be worth getting a payg to cut the bill at all? im a very light mobile user

You would need to top up a minimum of £10 every 3 months to get the discounted broadband package.
  • savetilibleed
    Options
    AAB wrote: »
    I was also told exactly that i.e. although I will have 14 days cooling off period, once I agree to move to the new All rounder package, I wiil not be able to move back to the old package.
    I'm getting from this that there isn't really a cooling off period at all! Or do they mean it will be 14 days cooling off before they actually switch you to the all rounder package?

I'm on the £7.66 (with mobile discount) legacy package and I don't yet have my email. The notice on the website at http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband/ does not mention the increases of the legacy products.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    deleted/ .......
  • asturdy2
    Options
    just phoned O2, i was on the old standard package (7.66 gone up to 9.50) said i was unimpressed and considering goin to sky. Immeadeatly offered my 12 months at £7, Happy days ! I never wanted to leave and don't mind stopping for 12 months, great package, good speed, no traffic management and good free english customer service, result !
    3.64KW system, aurora power one inverter, South west facing with no shading in Lancashire.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    asturdy2 wrote: »
    just phoned O2, i was on the old standard package (7.66 gone up to 9.50) said i was unimpressed and considering goin to sky. Immeadeatly offered my 12 months at £7, Happy days ! I never wanted to leave and don't mind stopping for 12 months, great package, good speed, no traffic management and good free english customer service, result !

which option did you choose when you got through, "im leaving" or just "customer service" ?
    sanfly
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    asturdy2 wrote: »

Do you mean English speaking?

All the customer services I have ever spoken to with any company have spoken English, albeit some have heavier accents than others.

What companies do you deal with that don't use English?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport