We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Is this a good deal?
Hi 
I'm looking for a smartphone, I've never had one before so not really sure what I'm looking for!
I currently have a Samsung Tocco Lite and pay £10 per month on a sim only contract. This is for 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited O2 to O2 calls.
I've looked on mobiles.co.uk and the deal I've found is for a Blackberry curve. It's a 24 month contract at £25.53 per month. This is for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb of data. However, there is 14 months free line rental which is paid as cashback several months into the contract, I would also get £50 caskback through Quidco. So overall I would be paying around the same as I'm paying now. I'm just a little wary - has anyone dealt with mobiles.co.uk? Are they good at paying the cashback?
Thanks for any advice
I'm looking for a smartphone, I've never had one before so not really sure what I'm looking for!
I currently have a Samsung Tocco Lite and pay £10 per month on a sim only contract. This is for 300 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited O2 to O2 calls.
I've looked on mobiles.co.uk and the deal I've found is for a Blackberry curve. It's a 24 month contract at £25.53 per month. This is for 500 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb of data. However, there is 14 months free line rental which is paid as cashback several months into the contract, I would also get £50 caskback through Quidco. So overall I would be paying around the same as I'm paying now. I'm just a little wary - has anyone dealt with mobiles.co.uk? Are they good at paying the cashback?
Thanks for any advice
Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked
0
Comments
-
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:has anyone dealt with mobiles.co.uk? Are they good at paying the cashback?
Thanks for any advice
Heres a few to be going on with ...do a search for more recent ones
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1848579
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1881471
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1948587
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1946585
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1952517
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1955799
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1911469
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2238117
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2227731
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2199761
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2204219
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2213139
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2191187
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2086797
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2179549
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2293889
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2497717
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2189277
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/1849823It's not just about the money0 -
Yes, always fun when people come and ask that - having quite obviously done no research whatsoever!
Of course, whether it is a good deal or not depends on what you need and the alternatives; but no deal is good unless you get your cashback - and THAT requires a lot research and understanding which can only be gained through a LOT of research.0 -
I have researched and found some good and bad reviews. I can get the same deal on o2 but without all the cashback and, like you say, the cashback is only a good deal if you get it.Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked
0 -
mobilejunkie wrote: »Yes, always fun when people come and ask that - having quite obviously doen no research whatsoever!
A fair bit of research material from Silk there, though.
Now all we need is Lynsey to add a few about Quidco and there will be enough material for a PhD thesis.0 -
I have researched and found some good and bad reviews. I can get the same deal on o2 but without all the cashback and, like you say, the cashback is only a good deal if you get it.
In that case it's most strange that you started with "has anyone dealt with mobiles.co.uk? Are they good at paying the cashback?".
Methinks the volume of posts on here on both questions is fairly comprehensive and up to date!0 -
Yes, you are quite right. My apologies for encroaching on your board - I shall now retreat
Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked
0 -
Well, you could always fly....
Without knowing your experience and knowledge on cashback contracts, this might help:-
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5586610 -
Thankyou, I've decided to steer clear of them and go for a sim only deal through Quidco, using the cashback from that to go towards the cost of a PAYG phone. The safest option all round I feel

Once again, thanks for all the advice.Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards