Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    Given the amount of publicity they are getting it might delay the implementation however I am sure the long term aim will be to reduce the amount to 500mb. I do think they have screwed up in trying to suggest it is an "extra" of some sort. Many people will end contracts early because of this and I cannot see them being penalised, by T mobile, financially for it.
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    fabsaver wrote: »
    Jamespir there's a job waiting for you in the T Mobile customer service department. I suggest you get on the phone now and apply for it and leave us all alone.
    nice might apply
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • mmpombears
    Options
    Got a reply from Ofcom:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email to Ofcom on 11 January 2011 about the changes to T-Mobile’s fair usage policy.

I understand it must be frustrating that T-Mobile has lowered its data cap to 500mb. I should explain that providers are able to make changes to contracts as long as notice (at least one month) is given to the consumer. This should be explained in your terms and conditions.

However, if you believe that the change in the data usage cap will cause a substantial increase in the cost of your bill (and thus a ‘material detriment’), you should raise this with T-Mobile. T-Mobile should consider this complaint and, if they agree that it will result in material detriment, should allow you to leave the contract without penalty. If T-Mobile refuses to offer this and you still believe material detriment will occur, you should follow their complaints procedure at:http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/resources/sites/TMOBILE/content/live/DOCUMENTS/0/DO155/en_GB/Code%20of%20Practice%20700000650%201st%20July%202010.pdf.

If you follow the complaints procedure and remain unhappy, you can contact an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. ADR is a free and independent service for residential customers and small businesses. Although service providers are bound by the ADR scheme’s decision, consumers are not. You are free to seek legal advice if you are not satisfied with the ADR scheme’s final outcome. You can also seek ADR 8 weeks after the date you first complained.

T-Mobile’s ADR scheme is CISAS (Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme). CISAS can be contacted at:

CISAS
    24 Angel Gate
    City Road
    London
    EC1V 2PT

Phone 020 7520 3827
    Email: [EMAIL="info@cisas.org.uk"]info@cisas.org.uk[/EMAIL]

I should explain our regulations only cover residential customers. Any business customers will need to seek legal advice if they cannot resolve their complaint with T-Mobile directly. Business customers are not able to approach the ADR scheme about this issue.

If you decide to leave T-Mobile, you may wish to contact Bill Monitor for advice on other companies which may offer packages more suitable for your needs. They offer a free and impartial comparison service which has been accredited by Ofcom. They can be contacted on: www.billmonitor.com/.

Finally, if the changes will have little or no impact on your bill i.e. you are unlikely to exceed the 500mb cap, it is likely T-Mobile can hold you to your existing contract.

Although we do not deal with individual disputes I can confirm I have made a full record of your experience. This feeds into statistics we collate to help monitor trends and, where appropriate, the information can inform future policy in consumer enforcement and investigations.

I hope this information is useful.
    Yours faithfully

Kirby Sharpe
    Central Operations, Telecoms Team

• N20Y1D
    N20Y1D Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Moradeeb wrote: »
    NO stephanie in customer service team 519

Ahh i'd take what they say with a pinch of salt, i was lied to by two members of that same team last night, one of which was a manager.
    TESCO EVERY LITTLE change to the t&cs HELPS
  • daleski75
    daleski75 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    baker69 wrote: »
    Is everybody simply looking for an excuse to get out of their deal early?

I only ask as I made 2 calls to t-mobile and without a great deal of fuss they've given me the mobile broadband plus booster for ~£5 per month and added a loyalty discount to my account to cancel out the fee, and confirmed that this booster won't be reduced from 3gb in February.

I tried that and they gave me nothing.
  • jamespir
    Options
    So you cant count either.

Its an extra if its removable or changable AT THE CUSTOMERS DISCRETION!!!!!!!!!

you can remove it ring upn and say you no longer want it they will take it off your account
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • jamespir
    Options
    NX1977 wrote: »
    I'd get complaint in ASAP if like me this could be useful to reduce your price plan.

My letter will have option of changing my plan, at no penalty, to SIM only £15 plan from my £50 contract.

i doubt they would honour that but they may reduce your plan down
  • baker69
    baker69 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    daleski75 wrote: »
    I tried that and they gave me nothing.

Maybe I just got lucky. Might be worth making a few calls and stating that you know of others being offered what I have and ask to speak to a manager.
  • ispartacus75
    Options
    Guys, stop feeding the troll. The "Add to ignore list" button on a user's profile page is a FREE optional extra! :)

Haha I like it.
  • andyroid20
    Options
    Look you can't have it both ways. Assuming its an extra that they can do what they like with for a second, then the company is guilty of fraudulently misrepresenting their price plan by the sales tactics and advertising. I'd not opt for that more serious charge personally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure