Tmobile changes fair use policy to 500MB?

Options

Comments

• Heretic_osjc
    Options
    Infairness this may not be a choice the T-Mobile management team wanted to make. It seems A LOT of T-Mobiles policies are being made to reflect orange and not the other way round. I honestly do not think this is a choice they wanted to make.

Please don't for a second think that I'm saying this is right but it feels like Tom Alexanders orange team are forcing these changes.
  • daleski75
    daleski75 Posts: 359 Forumite
    Options
    baker69 wrote: »
    Maybe I just got lucky. Might be worth making a few calls and stating that you know of others being offered what I have and ask to speak to a manager.

Sent a letter to the t-mobile complaints division so will wait for the outcome of that.

Too be honest I don't want to leave t-mobile as they are/was the best for me with coverage and 'generous' data allowance and I am hoping they keep this for all existing customers and only newly signed contracts after the 1st of Feb be on the new T&C's

Tried every provider and they are all pretty much the same now with their tariffs, allowances with the exception of 3 and what T-Mobile did offer, now from my point of view there is not really any competition left in the market and it's only going to get worse for us consumers.

At least they know we cannot be pushed around and who knows maybe they will reverse there decision or allow cancellations.
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    andyroid20 wrote: »
    Look you can't have it both ways. Assuming its an extra that they can do what they like with for a second, then the company is guilty of fraudulently misrepresenting their price plan by the sales tactics and advertising. I'd not opt for that more serious charge personally.

they are not fraudently misrepresenting anything they said it was unlimted internet which was subject to a fair usage policy ....

if they ahd said its 3gb of net then tried to change it i can uinderstand the grievances
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • Heretic_osjc
    Options
    It annoys me how anyone with a difference opinion is considered a troll simply because they are happy to disagree and tell others they consider them to be wrong.

It seems having a difference opinion on a matter automatically makes you a troll. Kinda sad really.
  • NX1977
    NX1977 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    jamespir wrote: »
    unlimted subeject to a fair usage policy which can be changed at any time
    So 2 things, unlimited isn't actually unlimited and the.never had any intention of fulfilling the contract in allowing you to use this limit for the duration of the contract. As this states a limit, and its being reduced, they are breaching our contracts. You cannot cancel internet from your contract then reattach it at zero cost. Despite being a booster, it was compulsory for smartphones
    it was announced before the first of jan so they ahve given you 30 days
    I've had no notice at all
    it was in the paper plus i got my sim only bill thorugh the post on the third of jan and it was on their too
    I don't get paper bills as wasn't offered it. It's all electronic and nothing says this until I found it out via Twitter!

Try again.
  • jennyfive
    jennyfive Posts: 98 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2011 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Re. Jamespir

The repetition of badly constructed arguments and insults between him and everyone else is derailing this entire thread.

Whether you agree or disagree with him, knock it off and block him if he's annoying you. It's become difficult to find constructive information in this thread since it started.

Jamespir - if you've posted an argument here, don't repeat it in a later post in this thread. We all read it the first time. To repeat it over and over when people have debunked it is spammy.
    ----
    ON TOPIC

Article about them still pushing the old limits on potential customers has appeared on expertreviews.com. Would post it but it's not yet allowing me to post links here. It's in their latest news section. The more media attention this is getting, the better.
  • andyroid20
    Options
    Click on his name, profile, user lists, Ignore.

Cheers
    I will make one final comment on this. By their sales advice they claimed that 500mb was not a fair amount of use so they can't change after such a statement was was made. They know full well that had they said the 3gb could be scrapped on their say so no one would take it out so it us clearly misrepresentation if they say its extra even tho it is not described that way anywhere. And I don't believe they can argue they didn't know which leaves only fraudulent misrepresentation and I believe that is a criminal offence. Certainly the advertising standards agency should be involved in this
  • chadwicksmith
    Options
    i dont work for tmobile :)

it was sold with unlimited internet subject to a fair usage policy ......... it wasnt sold with 3gb
    its not a core service its an extra ........ you read the t & c

internet bundles are extras

Wrong again!

My price plan is as follows

900 mins
    500 txts
    Unlimited internet 3gb
    unlimited landline calls as an extra (flexible booster)
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2011 at 2:36PM
    Options
    It annoys me how anyone with a difference opinion is considered a troll simply because they are happy to disagree and tell others they consider them to be wrong.

It seems having a difference opinion on a matter automatically makes you a troll. Kinda sad really.

Not at all - a difference of opinion is a good thing and adds to debate.

In this case however it seems perfectly clear to many posters on this site and on others, including respected consumer organisations, that T mobile have breached their own T&C.

If that is the case then people are perfectly entitled to walk away (after going through the correct procedure) from their contracts with no penalty. This seems only right and fair and I hope that those affected by this change do exactly that.
  • neilleeds
    neilleeds Posts: 36 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2011 at 2:44PM
    Options
    From PC [STRIKE]Plus[/STRIKE] (PC Pro, sorry!):

"We are awaiting a response from T-Mobile, which said it was preparing a clarification of the situation."

Could this be a backtrack from T-Mobile? I expect they will decide to NOT apply this change to currently contracted customers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure