🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE Parents Club Part 16

Options

Comments

• rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »

dd5 decided she was going to be first dressed in the morning.. the little towrag had her school uniform still on under her pj's.. good job I'm not as daft as I look!
    :rotfl::rotfl::T sorry, shouldn't laugh!

Just had to call the police on our neighbours... and ds is asleep on side again :eek: worried mummy alert!
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    ((((hugs))))

I gave up saying 'it can't get worse' because whenever I say it does. .. I now say.. 'it gets easier to live with'
    Thanks. I do hope it doesn't get any worse - this was the worst case scenario that I had thought of.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • koalamummy
    koalamummy Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Options
    Rach not sure if it will help you any but my youngest son would only sleep face down with his blankets wrapped around his his head from the age of 7 months. I spent many sleepless nights where I would keep placing him back on to his back with his blankets back to the correct position only to find him face down with them over his head again within half an hour! It took me a long time to see sense and realize that my mum was actually right all along when she had told me repeatedly that he would make himself comfortable and sleep best in the position that suited him regardless of what all the books and safety leaflets had to say on the matter.

I did however do what I could to keep him as safe as possible and minimize risk and only used cellular cotton blankets. He still lsleeps like this today and I do still have moments where I panic about it even although I know that he will be fine. :D
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,068 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    rach wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::T sorry, shouldn't laugh!

Just had to call the police on our neighbours... and ds is asleep on side again :eek: worried mummy alert!

If he got himself into that position and is comfy then he is fine.. stop being a worry wort.. he isn't a tiny baby any more and finding himself a comfy place.. do you sleep on your back? It is just the same!

Tiddles always slept on her face.. she still does at 6.. I'm sure he will soon come up with something far more worry worthy than a comfy snoozy position!
    SusanC wrote: »
    Thanks. I do hope it doesn't get any worse - this was the worst case scenario that I had thought of.

:( I know it doesn't feel like it right now but you will get through and survive. I'm sure noone will mind if you offload if you need to.. sometimes it just has to be done!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    rach wrote: »
    and ds is asleep on side again :eek: worried mummy alert!

Charlotte went through a tummy sleeping phase and survived! Try not to worry xx

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate pigpen *hugs*

Hope you are ok Susan. Can't imagine what you must be going through and I really feel for you xx

Really busy today with loads to do. Have a good day all xx
    Here I go again on my own....
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks all, I know I'm a worrier, i think I always would've been but added to him having a cyanotic episode when tiny I am bordering on neurotic sometimes! He did seem to roll back on his back last night, think if he's windy the side helps him, bless him. we had a bad night, not sure if it's teeth or wind but i hope if it's teeth they come soon!

Susan, hugs from me too, it is everyone's greatest fear. I wish I knew what to say but as pigpen says we are all here if you need to offload. lots of love x

monkey is crying in his cot now, he is desperately tired poor love, think the sling will be used a lot today.
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • mamaninie
    mamaninie Posts: 430 Forumite
    Options
    saying hello over here:wave:

having a lovely quiet childfree day today as I have annual leave, the squids are at nursery and I am cracking on with my jobs as I'm off on hols tomorrow. We've booked a caravan in wales - what are our chances of sunshine I wonder :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I'm going to take suncream, sandals, waterproofs, wellies and wooly hats just in case!
    xx
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,068 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We appear to have an ear infection.. in both ears.. explains last nights lack of sleep.. best wash my wig and head off to chemist.. I appear to have lost an almost full bottle of calpol! I have 2 prescriptions to order and one to collect.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • jennynoo
    jennynoo Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, hugs and lots of calpol to those in need!

I got my letter from child tax credits today - I'm not going to get any money anymore as income is over £42k Boo hoo but hopefully my money will go to someone who is more in need. Anyway it says that I can keep my case open if I think my income may go down significantly in the future. I don't expect it going down that soon but if I get pregnant again it will so do I keep it open for that or not bother? :question:
    :heart:Mum to DD born Oct 2009 :heart:
    :j DS born April 2013 :j
    Breastfeeding peer supporter with the breastfeeding network. National breastfeeding helpline 0300 100 0212.
    :question: Ask me if you have any baby feeding questions :question:
  • gizmodo_2
    gizmodo_2 Posts: 1,859 Forumite
    Options
    jennynoo wrote: »
    Hello, hugs and lots of calpol to those in need!

I got my letter from child tax credits today - I'm not going to get any money anymore as income is over £42k Boo hoo but hopefully my money will go to someone who is more in need. Anyway it says that I can keep my case open if I think my income may go down significantly in the future. I don't expect it going down that soon but if I get pregnant again it will so do I keep it open for that or not bother? :question:
    I got the same letter. I think from reading it the advantage of keeping it open is you'll get all the money owed if your income goes down. Where as if you have to apply again it only gets back dated 3 months.

I've had to phone up and ask if I can keep mine open as they have based it on 2009/10 income and because I'm on Mat leave till January we'll be entitled to some tax credits for this year. He said he'd send the renewal form, but won't this then ask for 2010/11 income? Which will mean we'd be entitled to nothing. I really don't get how all this works. I don't really want to get the £10 a week next year as it's this year that it will help a lot.
    Baby Giz born 6/2/11
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family