Hi Rab McGregor from Wales

LOL :):)

Leo
    Dont you just love freshly congealed pigs blood, with a bit of fat in :D
  • exprog
    exprog Posts: 413 Forumite
    Options
    alared wrote: »

Forget about the payments and money you owe,Biscit`s crumbled and gone under.(good riddance)

1) I’m not a lawyer but there may be another point regarding the payments not taken from November onwards.

Since it now seems that Biscit never paid for Fast4 customers, and therefore we (i.e. some/most/all of us) were never legally customers of Biscit, and therefore the administrators of Biscit cannot sell those ‘customers’ to another ISP, it is not clear to me that anyone has any right to take that money from us.

2) Regarding V21 and Fast 4. I’m totally confused about the relationship between these new companies and the old ones. Are they just the same people with two (four?) companies???

3) Also, when this saga was starting out Fast 4 customers were transferred to njpservices. Biscit went to court over this (claiming that it was the customers that Biscit was buying) and won the case meaning that those customers were transferred to Biscit (except for the paying for them part!). But, as I understand it, the new V21 claims to have previously sold the customers to Biscit on the basis that it was thought to be in the best interests of the customers for them to be sold to Biscit. Exactly how did they not transfer these customers to Biscit if the sale was undertaken, as they now seem to claim, in order to transfer those customers to Biscit?

Have I got this bit right??????? :confused:
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there

alared
    I only use Primus for my phone, enquired about BB, I can only get 1 to 2mbps which is about £16, the CS guy agreed this was on the high side.

Virgin Media are pushing hard in this area , looked at the 3 for £30 (BB,phone, mobile (300mins)) free modem,£25 connection, but £10/cable service cashback for signing up on line.
    However, visited local Megastore this AM and was told special offer of £10 BB (2mb)+ free modem,£25 connection.
    Now consider this a better deal, have to factor in cost of reconnecting to BT if decide not to continue with cable after 12 mths.
    Always wary of putting eggs in one basket.

exprog
    Agree with your post, especially para3, you've managed to sum it up pretty well.
    I had no problem with the old Fast4, but I am still convinced the price drop to £4.99 was a ploy to grab customers.
    Fast4, v21 and njp allseem a bit too cosy

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php?t=23628&page=10
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • spud17
    Options
    Capt_Slog wrote: »

Spud: One of the things that's occured to me about the Primus after I'd done the deed was "Will BT charge me to go back if I don't like it?"

You still pay BT for line rental, Primus is now your CPS provider and so I would guess you would revert to BT by default if you left.
    However I have not actually asked the question, this is just how I see it.

p.s. Have been using Opera today instead of usual Firefox and have noticed that I do not lose connection so often, in fact hardly ever, is it a good day, or can browser influence quality of connection?

NB I'm still a novice on computers, so apologies if this is a stupid question.
  • Hunter_2
    Hunter_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Started with Fast4 2 years ago. They overcharged by taking 14 payments over 12 months but when tackled they refunded by not charging for the following two months. Similar thing has happened again with V21/Biscit, they have taken 9 payments over 8months by debiting at an earlier date. I thought I had a good deal at £6.99 so how come some only paid £4.99? Fast 4 emailed in Feb asking if fed up with current provider!!!! offering broadband at £15.95 and dialup at £7.99 - I miss OUtlook Express - how can I get them back again>?
    Hunter
  • exprog
    Options
    Spud,

Thanks for the link; I hadn’t seen those posts (i.e. 91 to 93). Seems curious that “In terms of NJP/Fast 4/V21 the link is more a personal one than a business one”. If that’s the case how come Fast4 transferred customers to njpservices? Wasn’t that business?

Like you say, it seems a bit too cosy.

I only started with Fast4 last October 1st having read discussions here on MSE recommending Fast4 at £4.99 a month. I expect you are correct about the price though I hadn’t realized that it was a price drop. Wonder if they feel their strategy was successful?

As for your question about browsers, I don’t really know but I think I read something saying that there are conditions when the browser can affect the connection. Either way, it’s certainly not a stupid question.
  • exprog
    Options
    Hunter wrote: »
    I miss OUtlook Express - how can I get them back again>?
    Hunter

Could you explain what you mean? What happened to cause Outlook Express to go away?
  • spud17
    Options
    Exprog

I signed up to Fast4 in Sept 06, a couple of months after discovering MSE.
    I had seen them on the phones page for, I think £6.99.
    I was on Tiscali dialup, cos at the time I didn't know any better, thought I'd look around ,came back to check MSE, found the price had dropped to £4.99, signed up straight away and initially had a good service as, I think, most would agree.

The rest is now history.
  • Hunter_2
    Hunter_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi exprog
    Thanks for your reply. I can still send emails via Outlook Express but since the demise of ISP V21/Biscit I have been unable to receive them so I am having to use google mail instead.
    Hunter
  • exprog
    Options
    Hunter wrote: »
    Hi exprog
    Thanks for your reply. I can still send emails via Outlook Express but since the demise of ISP V21/Biscit I have been unable to receive them so I am having to use google mail instead.
    Hunter

Sorry, not quite clear whether you mean (a) you can send email from OE using speed-mail or (b) you can send email from OE using Gmail.

If (a), then I suspect that facility will end at some point so you might as well ignore it and use Gmail and/or email provided by some other ISP that you sign up with.

If (b), I haven't used Gmail but their help page should provide the relevant answers. In particular:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273

otherwise reached via

Google Help > Gmail Help > POP Access
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills