Fast4/V21/Biscit (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fast4 dial-up wouldn't work at all from about 18:00 yesterday until approx. 11:00 today????

how annoying!!!

tried using GeoISP via 1899 but couldn't get it to work???

how do i enter the number in my dial-up settings?
  • Capt_Slog
    Capt_Slog Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    I mentioned a week ago that I'd been charged by BT or calls to Geoisp.

I wrote to complain. I received an email back from BT (Bombay Telecom?) to say that I'd been "charged correctly and would I like to take up this offer that gives them even more money". + explanation of call charges.

I wrote back to say that I wasn't being charged correctly, and could they explain how I was being charged by the minute for a call to a national number after 6pm?

They wrote back giving me the call charges again, and how they were glad to help and that " according to my tarrif I was being charged.

I wrote again with exactly the same question.

They replied with the identical broken english 'stock reply'.

Finally beginning to loose my temper, I requested that they "read my emails very carefully and therefore avoid the risk of sending the same stock answer and being thought a complete idiot".

I got an answer apologising for THE MISTAKEN CHARGES!!!, and that it would be sorted out.

Hopefully I will not be charged the £10 or so that I ran up using Geoisp.

when I get time (and broadband next week) I will post this in the main board too as I think it needs duplication
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have never bothered to alter my Outlook Express, just letting it check the old fast4 and speed-mail accounts.
    Now I notice when opening OE it checks with v.21 not fast4, I posted a while back that fast4 and v.21 seemed to be friendly, so does any one know if they have joined together?
    My OE account properties do not have v.21 in any boxes.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    Email from Fast4 three days ago saying payment will be taken on 19th and hoping I`m enjoying their service.

Email receipt for payment taken by DD on 19th.

Looks like we`re back to the normal, good, service that existed before the mouldy Biscit came along.

BTW I`m had to ring them about a query for an elderly relative and the phone was answered within five rings.
  • Capt_Slog
    Options
    Fast4 is £7.99 a month, yes?

I've gone onto broadband paying £15 a month and found it much better than any dial-up. I've at last managed to update my PC via the Windows update service; this would have taken around 5 hours using dial-up (even longer if I'd chosen every update item) and was completed in around 20mins.

My connection spedd is around 2.6 to 3.2, depending on when I get on.

Well worth the move.
  • alared
    Options
    YES
    DIAL-UP

Are you with Fast4 @ £15 a month?
  • Capt_Slog
    Options
    alared wrote: »
    YES
    DIAL-UP

Are you with Fast4 @ £15 a month?

Nope, joined up with Eclipse Evolution.

No complaints so far, the whole thing was very easy and very quick.
  • valleyhill
    Options
    My first post here...basically I want to get out of ezeedsl because of poor service and support.

I was with V21 then Biscit for the brief while they were around then signed up with ezeedsl simply because I would have been without broadband for 6 weeks or so waiting for the mac code release.

Despite paying for 8Mb speed since early December I've only been getting 1Mb yet paying for 8Mb.

When I complained to support they suggested a write to their sales office asking for refund which I did a couple of times, each time getting a 'cut and paste' answer saying that my query seems to have been solved (it hadn't...still getting only 1Mb and no refund).

Unable to get any intelligent or constructive replies to my support requests via e-mail and can't get through on the telephone.

My brother is in the same boat as myself as he was with v21 also.

So, we both want to cancel...would writing a letter to ezeedsl be the best option to cancel?

Also, when I signed up a specifically asked their support person if I would be locked into a 12 month contract with them and was told no, I do hope this is correct?

Just letting off steam here guys, but if anyone knows my best strategy I'd be grateful for advice?
  • alared
    Options
    http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

Valleyhill
    I can only advise to join the forum on the above link and maybe those guys can help.
    You can also read about Ezeedsl and how crap they are.
  • Phonix
    Phonix Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Alared - is that with dialup or BB? I ask because I am on dialup and apart from 10 mins yesterday morning, I haven't been able to connect at all. This was on the old number (08089933025) even though I received the email telling me I was on the new number (08089916234).

Does anyone currently using fast4 dialup know what this access number is? Is it the same as one of the numbers above?

I've signed up but haven't recieved any details from them regarding this, nor is there a number in the account details when logged into the site.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport