🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Fast4/V21/Biscit (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    Agree with C Slog

Forget about the payments and money you owe,Biscit`s crumbled and gone under.(good riddance)

You`re free to go with anyone you want for your internet service,but by the sounds of it you`d be better paying by the minute for the amount you use.
  • hossa25
    hossa25 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for the replies Capt Slog & Alared

I had been with Fast4 since April 06, so I don't know where that puts me in the grand scheme of things, but suspected I was transferred to biscit from the notice on Fast4's website (which has now gone)

but I am hanging my head in moneysaving shame at having not used the internet this year (whilst still being prepared to pay for it) - its just been a hectic few months and we have been able to access the internet at work & parents at quicker speeds - but I agree for future, we probably only need a pay for what we use tarrif!! am suitably ashamed . . .

the only reason I am worried about who I owe the money to is that I don't want it to end up on my record somewhere as a bad debt left unpaid - but I guess if someone had wanted the money they should have written to me to ask for it and explained what the hell was going on!

so - will perhaps stop worrying and sign up with someone new as and when we think we need to use the internet!

thanks

usually money concious deb
  • alared
    Options
    Hossa25

As you can see this one of the longest threads on the boards and you`re quite right that you can`t read it all.

Biscit is completely and utterly bankrupt and dead in the water and like the dodo doesn`t exist anymore.
    They were in that much trouble that their bank account was frozen----hence the reason for them not taking any payments for the last 3 months plus.

So sleep easy and don`t worry,I`m not.

If you do want another ISP,the cheapest and best at £7-99 is our old friend http://www.fast4.net/members/
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everybody for all the links you're putting in your posts.

I thought the dust was starting to settle now that Biscit has finally disappeared, I was considering rejoining fast4.
    BUT after going through the various links I see there are connections between fast4 and v21, both old and new.
    A name which keeps cropping up in a lot of the postings is that of njp services, who do not seem to have many friends.
    I think that was one of the names on the original email that told me of the fast4 takeover by Biscit, so I'm having a rethink, as I feel it's best to keep away.
    Incidentally the njp website states that they are situated in the South West, when did Camberly move !!!

alared
    Is there anything of any use on the v21 members page, I tried, but I couldn't get access it.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • oap
    oap Posts: 596 Forumite
    Options
    for what its worth folks, we are absolutely delighted with Newnet......... best regards oap
  • Hana
    Hana Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

Long time no post, but I have been checking back in occasionally.

Just in case no-one's picked this up yet, Biscit have apparently been acquired by o-bit telecom. Have a look:

http://www.o-bit.net/?_a=ec_layout

Last article on the Resellers/Partners list.
  • alared
    Options
    spud17 wrote: »
    alared
    Is there anything of any use on the v21 members page, I tried, but I couldn't get access it.

In the members area, for both F4 and V21 the only thing you can see is ALL your account details.
    Name, address,telephone number,next payment date,amount you pay,usage hours,email,secure messages,etc.

As far as I know NJP is a reseller of the capacity it buys wholesale from BT.
    It resells it to anyone that wants to start up an ISP.
    Fast4 is still the old company and staff that it always was but the "new" V21 is only new in the sense that it relaunched itself on 21st March but is run by the people who had it before Biscit came along.
    It`s amazing how things are so complicated and difficult to unravel but Ofcom doesn`t appear to give a toss.

It seems to me that anyone can start up an ISP,just by buying capacity from NJP and having a box number for an address,a 0870 number that never gets answered and emails that bounce back!!!

Having said all that,I have been with F4 for three and a half years and despite all the turmoil, both in the early days and recently,I have very little to complain about.
    I`ve always managed to get a connection and my payments have been more or less correct over this period.
    I pay by DD,so if there`s any funny business,I can easily cancel and the bank has to pay back any over-charging.

Anyway Sud,I thought you went with Primus.
  • leosayer39
    leosayer39 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Alared,

It's good to know that that you are still with good old F4 :)

I have all the same problems that everyone else has had when F4 changed to V21 then changed in to Biscit.

It appears that Biscit has now turned into crumbs!

I have quite recently changed my supplier and gone wideband, sorry, broadband.

I now get a 4meg connection (on average) and my supplier is...well...TP

Now please don't all laugh at once. I have to say that their service has been excellent and believe me I won't put up with bad service.

Nice to see that you are still here

Leo
    Dont you just love freshly congealed pigs blood, with a bit of fat in :D
  • alared
    Options
    Leo

Good to hear from you again and thanks for taking the time to come on the boards as I know you are half way through your latest tour and extremely busy.

So you finally went BB, but who is TP?
  • leosayer39
    leosayer39 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Alared

TP is 'Telecom Plus'

or,

Utility Warehouse. (both the same)

I also switched my Gas and Electricity to them about 8 months ago.

You will probably have seen numerous posts, both good and bad, about this company on these boards.

I have to say that I have had no problems at all with TP

By the way, I am not one of their sales people.

Cheers

Leo
    Dont you just love freshly congealed pigs blood, with a bit of fat in :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business