iPhone '4' thread

Options

Comments

• Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    gabbyevs wrote: »
    hi all hows ewveryones phones

still havent got one trying to save up and im waiting for a renewed batch to come out-have the released anymore yet? im still wary about the signal dropping thing although my 3gs tends to do it sometimes aswell

Gabbyeves, most people DON'T have the issues with their iPhone 4 dropping calls, losing signal or any of the other problems reported in the press. Some do and I have yet to find a time when Apple haven't offered them a replacement phone.

If you want an iPhone 4, go buy one. If it has any issues, take it back. Mine's on order. I can't wait!!
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • robbies_gal
    Options
    fair enough oscar

im in two minds really

i cant afford one right now even on an upgrade unless i sell my 3gs and then orange have got the worst deals around-who im with already

will have to see
    What goes around-comes around
  • Hauptmann
    Options
    Gabbyeves, most people DON'T have the issues with their iPhone 4 dropping calls, losing signal or any of the other problems reported in the press. Some do and I have yet to find a time when Apple haven't offered them a replacement phone.

If you want an iPhone 4, go buy one. If it has any issues, take it back. Mine's on order. I can't wait!!

I beg to differ.
    My business partner and I both have iPhone4 for business use. We are both experiencing problems with calls dropping and we are both having very frustrating problems with the BT connection to our car kits. I know that many other are having the same problems.
    I don't think the dropped call problem is due to a weak signal or antenna - I think its a software issue in the phone.
    My partner has had his phone replaced by Apple, but the replacement is not much better.
    The BT problem is obviously a design issue and should have been ironed out before the phone was launched. This is a serious issue for us because we rely on our phones to our business functioning. My partner was told by the Apple store that a revised version of the phone will be available in 6-9 months time.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S for personal use. I don't think its as solid as the iPhone4 and doesn't feel as good in the hand. But in terms of functionality and reliability it definitely outperforms the iPhone4. I am about to swap the phones over (i.e. start to use the Galaxy S for business calls and the iPhone for personal).
  • robbies_gal
    Options
    sorry i forgot to ask aswell anyone know when the white one will be released?
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options

I think in December (but I may be wrong) as a friend is holding out for a white one.

However if you can't really afford one and are not keen on the deals that your current supplier offers then I can't see for the life of me why on earth you would get one.
  • Exhortation
    Options

I have absolutely no doubt it will be out in time for Christmas. No doubt to be accompanied in the tv adverts with a funked up / alternative version of "White Christmas". Cynical marketing by Apple? Surely not! :p
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
  • Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Hauptmann wrote: »
    I beg to differ.
    My business partner and I both have iPhone4 for business use. We are both experiencing problems with calls dropping and we are both having very frustrating problems with the BT connection to our car kits. I know that many other are having the same problems.
    I don't think the dropped call problem is due to a weak signal or antenna - I think its a software issue in the phone.
    My partner has had his phone replaced by Apple, but the replacement is not much better.
    The BT problem is obviously a design issue and should have been ironed out before the phone was launched. This is a serious issue for us because we rely on our phones to our business functioning. My partner was told by the Apple store that a revised version of the phone will be available in 6-9 months time.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S for personal use. I don't think its as solid as the iPhone4 and doesn't feel as good in the hand. But in terms of functionality and reliability it definitely outperforms the iPhone4. I am about to swap the phones over (i.e. start to use the Galaxy S for business calls and the iPhone for personal).

If you are still experiencing issues with the iPhone 4, take it back and ask Apple to replace it again. I know it's no comfort, but you could have been unlucky enough to have both received phones (and a replacement) from a "bad batch".

I know it's an absolute nightmare having to go back into a shop several times before things get sorted, but what you don't want to do is put up with a dodgy phone. If it gets to the point that you are returning phones regularly, ask them to start posting them to you with a pre-paid (special delivery) jifi bag to send them back in.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • robbies_gal
    Options
    lucylucky wrote: »
    I think in December (but I may be wrong) as a friend is holding out for a white one.

However if you can't really afford one and are not keen on the deals that your current supplier offers then I can't see for the life of me why on earth you would get one.

i do love my 3gs i like the style the overall os i thought i would update it but prob wil hold on till xmas now unless someone offers me a good price for my 3gs
  • Mic2904
    Options
    Hi Lonestar

This was covered earlier in the thread. Hope this helps.

Hi,

sorry, but it didnt copy the post that has been quoted here, but I simply have a question:

When I connect my Iphone4 to my BT Home Hub, the Data tranfered between my Hub and the Iphone doesnt count towards my monthly allowence, does it?

For the first time ever, I am over the limit, well close to my limit which is the 750MB Fair Play limit.

I wont get charged for the first months, but wan to avoid that problem for the future.

Thanks
    Markus
  • Exhortation
    Options
    Your iPhone data counter will tick over regardless of where you download from but it's only data that you download via 3g that counts towards your allowance. Anything you download via your BT home hub is separate as it's your home broadband and nothing to do with your mobile contract.
    If I've helped you please show your appreciation by using the "Thanks" button
    > :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport