We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Euro1net in big trouble??

1234579

Comments

  • o_t_e
    o_t_e Posts: 463 Forumite
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who use the AOL software quite happily, I don't think there is anything inherently insidious about it - I can only say that I don't put stuff on my pc I don't need or want and for me having AOL e-mail, browser etc is just reinventing the wheel. I tried it with dialup a few years ago and I was left with the feeling that it was a good dialup service but I wished it didn't have to come with all this crap - it's very much a personal thing though - if you want give it a go, apparently it's easy to uninstall it.
  • Can anyone help - Euro1net have put a TAG on my phone line. BT can't take it off and can't advise how I get a MAC. A company called Griffin (who apparently had a contract with Euro1net) tell me that the tag will be auto removed on 12th Sept. Can I believe them?
    Even if it is, I still need a MAC.
    How can I get BB??
    Pls help
  • normanmark
    normanmark Posts: 4,156 Forumite
    If its being removed on the 12th then it means the service is being ceased (ie. removed off the line).

    So a MAC wont be applicable as theres no service to migrate. Any day after the 12th you can re-apply for a new connection with a new ISP.
  • adm_4
    adm_4 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Those looking to go with AOL (as I just have) should look on the referrals board.
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    i may well go with AOL as that seems a good deal but i'm abit wary because they don't score very highly on the adslguide comparison tables!!!

    i'm currently on the 1 month free AOL anytime dial-up so hopefully if i ring up they'll upgrade me to 1meg BB for £9.99 a month with free connection. Being an ex Euro1net customer i've got a USB modem, has anyone managed to get a free router as well out of AOL?

    p.s. i hate their software, i just don't like their browser but for some reason my IE 6 wont work now since i downloaded AOL. i even downloaded Firefox and that wont work either?!?!?

    so far no-one has provided me with a solution so any help much appreciated!!!
  • I signed up to E1N's Talk and Surf in August, the CPS section of which went live on 04/09/06. BT have confirmed that broadband was never set up on the line. I am looking to put in a claim with my credit card company and, when possible, sign up for another bundled phone/broadband provider. However, I'm concerned that, even though I have received an e-mail stating that ADS has ceased trading, as the CPS is still live on my line if I move calls back to BT I might be seen as having cancelled the contract before I have heard further from ADS. Can anyone help or give me any advice? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Also, does anyone have a copy of Talk and Surf's terms and conditions, as I wasn't able to print these out before the site went down?
  • o_t_e
    o_t_e Posts: 463 Forumite
    Hi all - now have a basic half meg connection with AOL - I was able to check the status of my line here:

    http://www.prodigynet.co.uk/menu.php?page=support/adsllinecheck

    This actually showed a new order for the last couple of days but I couldn't get a connection with the default password from AOL (my postcode) I supect because I was entering a space in the middle of the postcode. I changed the password here:

    https://names.aol.co.uk/names.adp

    then entered the new password and the username in the format screename@aol.com into my router and it was able to establish a connection.

    I'll be in touch with AOL if the connection isn't uprated to 1meg but for now I'm just happy to be off dialup!
  • cassyan wrote:
    Also, does anyone have a copy of Talk and Surf's terms and conditions, as I wasn't able to print these out before the site went down?

    You can download most of the E1N Talk&Surf documents from the Archived Documents thread over here :-

    http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=euro1net&Number=2630827

    If you can't find what you're looking for there, let me know as I might have it & can upload it for you.

    Cheers
    Bob
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

    - Benjamin Franklin
  • cassyan wrote:
    I'm concerned that, even though I have received an e-mail stating that ADS has ceased trading, as the CPS is still live on my line if I move calls back to BT I might be seen as having cancelled the contract before I have heard further from ADS.

    1) ... You WON'T hear from ADS/E1N ... My wife was actually at their Ramsgate premises earlier this week whilst they were in the middle of doing a Moonlight-Flit.

    2) ... The premises are now completely empty & locked-up, and the windows blanked-out.

    3) ... You cannot legally be held to have "self-cancelled" the contract, as ADS did not complete both components of the Talk & Surf service you contracted for, AND E1N have served a "Formal Termination Notification" upon you, so you are free to do as you wish.

    4) ... The "quickest" way to obtain a refund from your CCC is to phone the 'fraud department' of your CCC and report it as a "Fraudulent Transaction" (as Euro1Net were aware at the time of offering you the contract that they would NEVER be able to fulfil it) ... I have ALREADY arranged 3 x E1N refunds (@ £209.81 each) from CCC on this basis.

    Cheers
    Bob
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

    - Benjamin Franklin
  • How long will I continue to get free phone calls? Not that I could possibly advocate this, but some prople might try to get their money back from the CCC and STILL receive free phone calls.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.