We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

New Look MSE Forum Sneaky Peek Feeback

Options

Comments

• meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's no space between the start of the sentence and the margin, has something changed? It looks a little crowded.

May be if remove your thanks could be reworded as unthank assuming there's one such word :D it wouldn't take up that much space?

if it is ok to ask why do we need a line after the signature

why does everyone favor big and bold fonts and sizes; I liked it when it was kept little and subtle :p

One more question, last one promise - I can't see any images, yet the page has gone wide, am having the scroll sideways. Anyone else having this problem?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    meher wrote: »
    One more question, last one promise - I can't see any images, yet the page has gone wide, am having the scroll sideways. Anyone else having this problem?

Not on this page of this thread.

But on page 3 there is this post that has an image that causes that.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • meher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The problem with increasing/bolding font size has been that if has affected the alignment and proportionality of the username and statistics part on the side - it looks a little busy. The stars sat nicely aligned on top of the avatar in the older version - now it appears to have moved away.

just two things if it's ok to suggest

- there needs to be some space in the margin
    - no need for line after the signature imo, unnecessary lines give it a cluttered look
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    meher wrote: »
    There's no space between the start of the sentence and the margin, has something changed? It looks a little crowded.

I noticed that too but it seems to have been fixed now
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    I'm having an annoying 'thing when replying to a thread, the reply box is either way over on the right or bits of it 'hide' behind the offers thing on the right.
    I'm on a netbook so small screen (i think its 10") but had no issues in the old layout
    th_reply.jpg th_reply2.jpg

This happens on a 20" screen too. I think they are planning to fix it. Bit annoying when you want to change posting format.

Can someone remind be where the posting date has been moved form? I can't remember where it was before on the new look :o
  • meher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It was on top of the username.
  • bat-out-of-hell
    bat-out-of-hell Posts: 480 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2010 at 3:05PM
    Options
    Ian, Was going to suggest this mypicturesite.co.uk , just put the date with the post number. But i guess you, or the boss, dont like the thicker top, as you have been tweaking it all day.:(

Dont see there is any other way round the name wrap problem though :think:

Edit - Or maybe not lol
  • niccatw
    niccatw Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The same goes with the red moneysavingexpert.com logo. The red on green just looks wrong to me? I think touches of colour look fantastic, but the red logo just does not sit right in my eyes? I think MSE deserves a more up to date logo, it almost lets the new look down!

And will be extremely difficult, if not impossible, for any-one who is colour blind to see.
    Jan10: 28,315.81 Jan11: 18,015.32 Jan12: 7,682.58 Jan13: 2,987.73 Current debt: 1,225.55
    HFC [STRIKE]1896.10. [/STRIKE] 225.55 SLC2 [STRIKE]5123.34[/STRIKE] 0 Others [STRIKE]2085[/STRIKE] 1000 Bcard [STRIKE]1172.60[/STRIKE] 0

Mike's Mob
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Is it me? When this change first went live, we had half-a-line separating the post from the signature. This morning I noticed that we had a full line as a separator and I thought "Woohoo". I've gone out & come back, and now (4.15pm) there seems to be no separator line at all, so I can't tell what's post and what's signature?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No not just you, I was getting it as well. It seems to have litterally just rectified itself.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts