New Look MSE Forum Sneaky Peek Feeback

Options

Comments

• Old_Wrinkly
    Old_Wrinkly Posts: 5,182 Forumite
    Options
    Yes. I've never used the 'quick reply' button within the post either.
    It seems to me that you need to read through any subsequent posts first before replying.
    And if the post you are replying to is currently the last one in the thread, then you are already in the appropriate place to reply and don't need the button.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    With this new style applied, they do. :p

dammit, I can't get multiple quote to work, must be me not being technical minded, or the colours are really putting me off.

Anyway, I thought we were the chosen ones... :cool: so disappointed we aren't anymore.:p
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With this new style applied, they do. :p
    Yes. I've never used the 'quick reply' button within the post either.
    It seems to me that you need to read through any subsequent posts first before replying.
    And if the post you are replying to is currently the last one in the thread, then you are already in the appropriate place to reply and don't need the button.

ah except like just now, where I was trying to multiquote and by the time I had posted, you had sneaked in above me...:D
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Something else that needs sorting out............

The "Remove Your Thanks" link is now taking up an excessive amount of space below each post you have thanked.

As below:

screenshot_21_21_12100510_6wd2ci.png
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • itsallinthemind
    itsallinthemind Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    Options
    Visitors don't see avatars :)
    I checked that they do, before posting ;)
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Something else that needs sorting out............

The "Remove Your Thanks" link is now taking up an excessive amount of space below each post you have thanked.

As below:

screenshot_21_21_12100510_6wd2ci.png

Interesting, why is the thanks icon still there even though it says "remove your thanks" (which suggests you have already clicked it)?? Shouldn't this be greyed out or made to disappear, at least? :o
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Options
    I want to know if the "Thanks" button problems are intentional changes or glitches? It's seriously annoying to have the thanks button re-appear whenever a thread is reloaded. Personally, if it's a glitch that's irreparable due to the Remove Your Thanks feature, I'd much rather have a properly functioning Thanks button!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • morag1202
    morag1202 Posts: 536 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I've been thinking along those lines, bat-out-of-hell.
    One of my big bug-bears is the amount of scrolling I have to do. This is particularly anonnying when the post content consists of just a couple of lines, but the stuff at the left causes the overall post length to be many times that.
    This also has the problem of introducing a lot of 'white space' under the post content that can almost give you snow-blindness ... (all right, I exaggerate :D).

Anyway, here's something I knocked up to show the effect on one of the earlier posts in this thread. It's in old-style, but it gives the idea. The amount of 'white space' saved (marked in grey) is about a third of the total in this case.

4sazva.jpg

I really, really, really like that layout. Hope you take note Martin.
    Murphy was an optimist!!!
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I notice a lot of our suggestions have already been implemented, fast work :D

MSE_Martin wrote: »

• Bolding the usernames on the left:
    • Signatures and the spacing above it and making it a full line:
    • Bigger font size of the links in the green bars:
    • Hover over of the first post in the main forum menu:
    • Animated Avatars:
    • Broken missing images on user profiles page:
    • Justification of the left hand side

^^ Those are the ones i've noticed are fixed... And they've put the User CP button back :D

You two above :p He knows about the thanks issue
    • The thanks button: Lots of posts about this and how it operates, the fact that its tough to keep track off - yep we can sort that like it used to be – it wasn’t a designed change - we just need to fix it.
    :A
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey the Thanks just worked as it should, just after i wrote my last post :eek: Spooky
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure