Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In Firefox 6.3.3, if you click on Tools, Options, Privacy, it shows you

Accept Cookies from Sites
    Accept third-party cookies
    Keep until I then you have a drop down menu with options
    Clear History when Firefox Closes

If you click on the settings box to the right of "Clear History when Firefox closes"
    it gives you another dialog box

When I quit Firefox it should automatically clear all: .....

maybe if you try changing the settings in here, you won't lose the new version of MSE every time you close it.

I use googlechrome for MSE, so don't have that problem at them moment.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 19 May 2010 at 9:21AM
    Options
    aureol212 wrote: »
    If you click on the settings box to the right of "Clear History when Firefox closes"
    it gives you another dialog box

When I quit Firefox it should automatically clear all: .....

maybe if you try changing the settings in here, you won't lose the new version of MSE every time you close it.

No. This issue isn't to do with cookies being cleared when you close Firefox, or any other browser.

The cookies are being removed by the forum software when a user logs out with the Log out link.

screenshot_09_08_46190510_PmgC6k.png
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Former_MSE_Ian
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    It still does.
    Seems like the style preference cookie is one that vBulletin is also now removing on logout. :(

Ok I'll admit it. I normally just close the browser :o. It's a bad habit as it breaks other things but it does get around the cookie problem. My browser isn't configured to delete cookies when I close it.

The new style is nearing the end of beta anyway. Thanks to everyone for their assistance. So you will be able to set it as your permenent style choice in the user control panel soon.
  • fermi
    Options
    MSE_Ian wrote: »
    Ok I'll admit it. I normally just close the browser :o. It's a bad habit as it breaks other things but it does get around the cookie problem. My browser isn't configured to delete cookies when I close it.

I think an awful lot of people (perhaps even most) do the same. ;)

I've just got into the habit of purposely logging out of sites, computers etc when I'm done with them for a bit. Probably a by-product of having worked in environments where security requires it.
    The new style is nearing the end of beta anyway. Thanks to everyone for their assistance. So you will be able to set it as your permenent style choice in the user control panel soon.

Sounds good. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• morag1202
    morag1202 Posts: 536 Forumite
    Options

Is it possible to give us the same "go to" blue icon (as above in your quoted post) for the "go to" option on threads in CP and on the boards?

My eyesight/mouse control is rubbish and the smaller white ones really are a pain for me to use, but the old blue one is fine.

Love the rest of the changes, Many thanks.
    Murphy was an optimist!!!
  • fermi
    Options
    Any problems remaining?

The pressed multiquote_on.gif and unpressed multiquote_off.gif multiquote button look so similar, that it is very very hard to see at a glance which posts in a thread have been selected.

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=32992287&postcount=103

in this post
    when i click the go to icon viewpost.gif it opens the post in another tab
    usually when i click on these it takes me to the post/thread in the same tab

is it a mutli quote issue?
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still not liking the stats box at all, if you have a quote in the OP it forces a big white gap :(
    th_mse-1.jpg
    It looks out of place, it's too big, it makes me grumpy :p

I have noticed the 'remove your thanks' has been shrunk to a nice size now and the thanks button has stopped magically reappearing after you've thanked though, Thanks Team :D
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family