We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

HTC Desire Vodafone 500mb Fair Usage Policy

Options

Comments

• danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    andywicks wrote: »
    They have published something official - the announcement on the eForum. They have announced that they are introducing new charges, but have not yet announced the date by which they will be introduced. I am arguing with them that the date of introduction is irrelevant - the fact that they have announced changes should be enough to terminate. There is nowhere in the T&Cs that states termination may only be done no more than x days before a change is implemented.

Andy

Good point... But they have given a date, and that date is the 1st June.

Also, it doesn't say no more than x days, but it does say you have to cancel BEFORE the change. So in my view they are trying to screw people in a major way!
  • danny2324
    danny2324 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    N20Y1D wrote: »
    Most people have an old handset lying around, its easy to stick a payg sim in it and phone yourself :rotfl:

ROFL. Sounds like a plan, during the day with a 3 sim card... easy enough. I'd go buy a £10 handset just to do this.
  • essex_chris
    essex_chris Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    It seems only appropriate to cross post this here aswell as on the eForum
    I've had a call from Tom only moments ago, and whilst i won't at this time go into too much detail i feel quite comfortable with what i have been told and clear questions have been answered and all points raised addressed.

The caveat of course is that all of this has yet to pan out, but that's the case whoever you deal with be it Vodafone, or any other company.

I certainly feel more positive about the whole situation. I think i made my views clear on the way that this has been handled, but at no time did Tom repeat himself or parrot back earlier comments i have read, which frankly is a good sign of somebody dealing in Customer Service.

Fingers crossed for a positive end to this for everyone - both sides should get a fair outcome after all.

I must say that i do wonder at times having read all of this thread, the eForum thread and comments on things like BW news stories that people at times act as though this is all some personal slight against them, and not actually haggling over a mobile phone contract.

It's no wonder that some more important conflicts in the world never end...
  • Mister_M_2
    Mister_M_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 21 May 2010 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Well this is my current situation. After the changes were announced I contacted Vodafone back on May 7th to see how this would effect me, I was told then by a mangager that basically my use from now would be monitored and there may be charges if i exceed 500MB. I disputed this fact saying I was sold an 'unlimited internet' package and wasn't even informed of the FUP and gave all the days and times I was called when I was sold this package and asked for the recordings to be heard again to prove my point. Anyway the coclusion of this was I was told if Im charged at all then I would be able to cancel my contract free of charge.

Anyway I called again on the 18th and spoke to a CS rep. My main reason of calling was to check my current usage as I cant access it via the web or text and was told I had exceeded my limit and this was my warning and I would be charged £5 if it happened again, I was shocked to say the least and asked the girl to refer to my notes in which I was told by a manager on the previous call that this would be reason for me to cancel. Thankfully they had noted this and then another manager came on the phone and agreed I can now cancel but would have to put it in writing. I took all his details including his staff number and gathered all the references for all the calls and notes and emailed Voda with my request to terminate my deal.

So Yesterday I recevied an email reply apologizing for teh misinformation I was given and that actually I wouldnt be charged and I could not end my contract.
    However I informed them I had already taken my custom back to o2 and was simply awaiting my PAC's after the confirmation I was given.

I was then called by a very senior manager or so she claimed who was very rude and abrubt and told me flat out she would not terminate my deal without a full investigation and this would take a week.

So thats basically where Voda are at but I have emailed back asking for all recordings to pass to legal reps who need to see exactly where I stand. But one thing is for sure is that I WILL be leaving one way or the other. I'm disgusted by Voda and regret the day I joined them.
  • danny2324
    danny2324 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Could you elaborate Chris, on the more general issue that was discussed?
  • swilliam
    swilliam Posts: 212 Forumite
    Options

It's no wonder that some more important conflicts in the world never end...

Important to whom ?
  • PvtPyle
    PvtPyle Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I have an HTC Desire on an "unlimited" data plan so this issue affectsme (potentially). I think the way Vodafone have dealt with this issue is pretty poor, there was obviously a lack of communication within their organisation before they started talking to customers. Once the cat was out of the bag, the failure to cascade accurate information down from decision makers to front-line staff who interface with customers continued, or even got worse!

Despite all that, the terms of the agreement are clear. If a change is made to our significant disadvantage we have the right to cancel. For now, I am willing to accept the story that an announcement on the eForum does not constitute formal notification of a change to the agreement. Until Vodafone formally alert me to their intention to charge for data usage over and above 500MB I intend to use my phone as per usual. If they bill me, I'll have the charge removed as they never informed me that I was liable to pay it. If they formally announce the change, I'll cancel and switch to a SIM only deal. This seems the most appropriate way to go.
  • bym007
    bym007 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    So that takes me back to the premise, that I have to wait for Vodafone to announce this, before I could slam my cancellation through the window ?

@Andy: I believe you are trying to clarify for similar reasons, if the eForum announcement counts as official notice or not?
    SAY NO TO INJUSTICE !
  • oslingsby
    oslingsby Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Remember to sign the petition ppl,
    http://www.petitiononline.com/VFDATA/petition.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing