HTC Desire Vodafone 500mb Fair Usage Policy

Options

Comments

• danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    bym007 wrote: »
    Yeah looks like you have nailed this just about right.

Right, I suppose I will be the first one to ask you to tell me what procedure did you follow exactly to achieve this ? A step-by-step guide would be superb mate!

Thanks and once again well done!

I just sent them the letter I posted on the other MSE thread... It was a cancellation letter saying I would not accept the charges and changes... I then attached a cheque with my account number and in full and final settlement written on it. I sent it recorded delivery.

Not sure if I'll hear any more about the issue but as far as I'm concerned it's now over.
  • TheLibertine
    TheLibertine Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    nickmack wrote: »
    Vodafone retentions just called me and asked why I was leaving. I told them I don't consider 500Mb hard limit sufficient for my use on the Desire.

They offered me:
    - £20/month for 18 months
    - Free HTC Desire
    - 600 mins
    - UL texts
    - 500Mb internet

This works out cheaper than the best deal I've seen, even if I need to pay an extra £5 for 1Gb of data. Hmmmmm.....

That's the deal I've got. Don't leave just for the hell of it, there's always the chance they will back down. Personally I don't see myself using 500+ too often and def not over 1gig, so I'm staying put but will continue to fight Vodafone on the principle of it. The cost of the equiv contract on 02 means I could use 2.5gb a month on Vodafone and it would still be the same.

Also if you're a customer of many years you're giving up those sort of deals that you'll be offered on upgrades...at least til you build up loyalty with another network.

As I've said before there are also other benefits, Vodafone have in theory the fastest 3G speeds especially compared to TMob. Though someone may want to correct me on this.

I'm still hoping that a complaint to the regulators will resolve the situation...on the basis that the ability to watch two 3m youtube vids a day cannot be considered unlimited. And that two different limits (500mb/1gb) cannot both be called unlimited!
  • nm83
    nm83 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    so are they saying it's £5/500MB, or what they claim they state in updated Ts & Cs, which when I renewed were emailed stating:

"
    YOUR PLAN PRICE PLAN 2010
    Our Standard out of Price Plan Charges
    There are times when there aren’t enough hours in the day (or minutes, texts or megabytes in your monthly allowance). So if you’ve been making loads of calls, sending tons of texts or browsing for Britain, these charges will apply once you exceed your monthly Your Plan allowance.
    VOICECALLS, DATA AND MESSAGING WITHIN THE UK
    Voicecalls (per minute)
    UK National, local (01,02,03) and other Vodafone numbers
    20p
    Other UK mobile networks
    35p
    Non Geographic (0844, 0845 and 0870)
    20p
    Non Geographic (0871)
    35p
    Freefone (0800, 080 and 0500)
    20p
    Freefone charity numbers
    See vodafone.co.uk
    Premium rate services (start with ‘09’) – 090, 091
    35p - £1.85p see vodafone.co.uk
    Personal numbers/Calling Cards (starting 07, but not UK mobile networks) (fixed fee
    in some cases)
    Up to 85p see vodafone.co.uk

All calls are charged per second with a 1 minute minimum call charge.
    Voicemail (per minute)
    Calls to voicemail in UK
    20p

Messaging (per message)
    Standard text messaging (160 characters)
    12p
    Picture messaging (Up to 300kb )
    36p
    Long text
    15p
    Video messaging
    60p

Video (per minute)
    Video calling (3g only)
    See vodafone.co.uk

Data Usage (per day)
    Data Usage - 25MB
    50p
    Data Usage (per 30 days) Web Pack

Data Usage - 250MB
    £7.50

If you’re on an unrestricted data price plan or data bundle, you can use the internet for: a) calls over the internet, b) legally sharing data files or, c) giving other people access to your mobile equipment over the internet. However, if you’re on a restricted price plan we will: a) block access to these services, b) restrict performance, or c) charge you for this at the full published rates at vodafone.co.uk. If you want to use a mobile phone as a modem, you’ll need to be on a price plan that allows this.
    "

My Tariff is apparently 600 mins, Unlimited Texts, Mobile Internet (24 month).
  • Andyblizz
    Andyblizz Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    danielz000 wrote: »
    I clearly stated twice, in full and final settlement, along with full calculations of how the amount was reached.

PAC code... I'm happy to see the back of Vodafone, they can keep the number!

Phone... The account is settle as far as I'm concerned, they cashed the cheque before asking for the phone back...

You have got to use your PAC code or the account will not terminate.

If you dont want the number just transfer to a Free PAYG sim card from another network.

Just checking you are covering your self
  • danielz000
    danielz000 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Andyblizz wrote: »
    You have got to use your PAC code or the account will not terminate.

If you dont want the number just transfer to a Free PAYG sim card from another network.

Just checking you are covering your self

Cheers mate, what makes you think that tho? The PAC code is only for a number transfer... I shouldn't need it for a cancellation I don't think...
  • andywicks
    andywicks Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers mate, what makes you think that tho? The PAC code is only for a number transfer... I shouldn't need it for a cancellation I don't think...

If you have requested your PAC they tend not to terminate your account until you use the PAC. If you do not use it then they have a tendency to continue your contract - I discovered this a couple of years ago following a disagreement the o2.

If you don't request a PAC then the contract should be terminated within 30 days.

Andy
  • nm83
    nm83 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options

I believe that's correct. In cancelling your contract they should give you the option of transferring your number to another provider, hence the issuing of a PAC code. If you fail to port it, it will remain remain in Vodafone's pool so that after 6 months, it can be recycled.
  • bym007
    bym007 Posts: 131 Forumite
    edited 20 May 2010 at 4:56PM
    Options
    Ok, just had a very pleasant conversation with a lawyer from Which?Legal Services... first thing he asked was "would this happen to be about Vodafone by any chance" laugh.gif

He has absolutely confirmed that this was a change to the contracts we had entered into when we had signed and that Voda couldn't just simply go ahead with it without giving us the option to cancel. I explained that I was currently trying to negotiate a reasonable compromise, and he agreed that this was a good course of action, but if this failed, then going to Otelo would be the thing to do. His advice was to "not give up and keep pushing". He also mentioned that out of all the mobile companies, Voda was by far the one people were calling them about the most.

Thinks to himself "She posted the same lines in next post again! Spammer!!" lol
    SAY NO TO INJUSTICE !
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Options
    Already posted this on the eForum and FB group...

Ok, just had a very pleasant conversation with a lawyer from Which?Legal Services... first thing he asked was "would this happen to be about Vodafone by any chance" :rotfl:

He has absolutely confirmed that this was a change to the contracts we had entered into when we had signed and that Voda couldn't just simply go ahead with it without giving us the option to cancel. I explained that I was currently trying to negotiate a reasonable compromise, and he agreed that this was a good course of action, but if this failed, then going to Otelo would be the thing to do. His advice was to "not give up and keep pushing". He also mentioned that out of all the mobile companies, Voda was by far the one people were calling them about the most
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
  • Yolina
    Yolina Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Options
    bym007 wrote: »
    That sounds about right, doesn't it ?

lol you beat me to posting my own post :rotfl:
    Now free from the incompetence of vodafail
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories