60th Birthday, present & party ideas (merged)

Options

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi nickinoodle,

You should get more replies on the Families board so I'll move your thread over there.

In the meantime these older threads might give you some ideas:

Ideas for 60th birthday prezzie!

Partner's 60th birthday - Pressie time!

present for 60th birthday

Pink
  • pjs_3
    pjs_3 Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    I too have my dads 60th birthday this year and dont know what to get him. He is also into wine and gardening!

Its also my mums 60th as well this year. I have offered them 100.00 each towards a joint party but also want to get them both a present they will remember. Mum is a bit easier to buy for I hate getting him boring dad type presents year after year eg slippers and socks. The best present I ever got him was an cordless electric screwdriver. He was really pleased with his new toy! Havent been able to beat the reaction yet.
  • pickledtink
    Options
    Why not get him 3 different varieties of grape vine and a book on wine making?
    The vines will be a permanent growing reminder and exercise his gardening skills Then once the grapes start appearing he could have a go at brewing them into wine.
    There are loads of online nurseries you could browse for a good combination of vines.
    Living on Earth can be expensive, but it does include an annual free trip around the Sun.
  • Chocmonster7
    Chocmonster7 Posts: 2,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There are also companies offering a years rental on a line of vines in France from £75. He gets newsletters and stuff then can go and visit them if he fancies. Two https://www.wineshare.co.uk & https://www.3dwines.com

I'm considering doing this for my Dad who is also 60 this year!
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    as we now have a fab new celebration board I'm moving this collection of ideas over there :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • simbasweetie
    Options
    We had quite a few relatives who all hit the 60 mark within a couple of years of each other.

Each and every one got a "60th Birthday Survival Kit" more of a joke thing really, we made them dress up in all the items and took their picture. They went down a storm.
    For the females we included, a pair of the biggest knickers we could find (off the market) a pair of those joke spectacles which have the thick lenses, a hair net, a plastic rain hat with ties, a bus pass holder and a pension book holder and a pair of particularly bad taste slippers with fur round them and we made pom poms to stick on the front.
    For the men, adjust with flat cap, pipe, huge underpants, and a baldy head wig.
    everyone loved them and they still have all the items. I'm just dreading what they will do to me on my birthday!!!
  • oggy1511_2
    Options
    Hy Its my mums 60th at the endo of April and I wrote round all relatives asking for any old photos of family and I have loads I am going to be putting them in a photo album with captions underneath and thats my mums 60th pressie its something personal for her to.
    Thanks
    Oggy
  • in_my_wellies
    Options
    garden vouchers
    Love living in a village in the country side
  • Teresa60
    Teresa60 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Options
    I came across this site http://www.inthepaper.co.uk/

You put in all the details you want for a newspaper headline for that special person whose birthday or anniversary it is. You can then upload a photo of them too.

I have just done it for my daughters 18th. I received it in the post today and it is great, it looks so authentic.

There are different prices depending what you choose, and you can have the page laminated or framed.

Great idea.
  • meercat71
    Options
    What about a photo boook of her life/that of herchldren
    we did one for my mum and she loved it - we did it by person -so each person had a page or two and also by place ie each house we lived in and special occasions eg our wedings etc... hope this helps

The company I use is callled https://www.createagift.co.uk and I have a 25% discount code I am happy to share - MUMLOVE1 - they sent it for mother's day but seems appropriate in this case too..

Hope it helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport