🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I am a Bridezilla and my confession is....

Options

Comments

• TamVilla80
    Options
    We thought about tippexing the date off it and putting it on ebay, we need the money for some new carpet!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    my rant is that I would really very much appreciate it if my 4 best friends and bridesmaids could appreciate that I am very happy and excited to be getting married and that I have ideas for my hen do and the wedding which i am also very excited about and so could they please be excited for me too and not moan about things and try to change my mind about things?!?! It's about me and my H2B not them they've had / or will have their own wedding days and hen dos so for now could they just at least try to be enthusiastic because at the moment I just feel like the wind is knocked out of my sails with every idea or suggestion i come up with :mad:

aaand breathe

feel better now!

thanks for reading :wave:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,106 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 October 2011 at 5:08PM
    Options
    TamVilla80 wrote: »
    I've been married for 2 weeks now, can I still have a bridezilla rant?

Of course you can sweetie! I am sorry to hear about your Dad, I am very close to my Dad and can't imagine how horrible and devastating it must be for him to have passed away let alone getting married without him there. I am glad to hear you still had a lovely day though.

Your so called "friend" is no friend at all if that's how she behaves and I would sack her off to be honest. I believe that quality over quantity is important in friendship and only have true friends who I know I can rely on and who care about me and vice versa - my earlier rant notwithstanding!! :o
  • RainbowDrops
    RainbowDrops Posts: 4,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your troubles Tam, although re the present - that actually sounds really thoughtful of her, but she obviously got it a while in advance, and probs didn't want to spoil it by changing it.

I'd concentrate on the friendship itself. Hopefully things will blow ovr & it'll get sorted

xxx
  • TamVilla80
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your troubles Tam, although re the present - that actually sounds really thoughtful of her, but she obviously got it a while in advance, and probs didn't want to spoil it by changing it.

She did actually give me the paperwork of where she got it from so that I could get it changed myself! Although this would involve me paying to get my own present changed and paying to post it....
  • KK22_2
    KK22_2 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    I have turned into a bridezilla as a result of this forum! After reading the "review your wedding day" thread and reading about the waitress that spilled red wine, i decided that i would now only supply white wine for the tables. My view on that was my wedding, my money, my drink choices. My mum then told me that was silly as people could obviously buy their own coloured liquids at the bar and said "so what will you do... ban all non-clear liquids haha?"

Yes. That is now my plan. Bet you wish you hadn't sarcastically said that now! Mwahahaha.
  • Em88
    Em88 Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Options
    I am a bridezilla and my confession is I have cake issues. I have realise while looking at possible bakers that I do not want to see ANY of the sponge on our cupcakes. When I say this (with real passion, I honestly and truly want the icing to cover the whole of the top of the cupcake) my OH cracks up laughing! Not helpful. We have got meetings with 3 bakers next month and I know I am going to have to point out that I have a thing about being able to see the sponge and am concerned I am going to look like a crazy cake lady :(
  • emz118
    emz118 Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    Hahahaha!!! KK22 that made me giggle!

I love this thread!

xXx
    First date 10.2.2002
    Engaged 18.8.2010
    Wedding 9.4.2012
    Baby #1 due 26.2.2014 :j
  • MaggieBaking
    Options
    Em88 wrote: »
    I am a bridezilla and my confession is I have cake issues. I have realise while looking at possible bakers that I do not want to see ANY of the sponge on our cupcakes. When I say this (with real passion, I honestly and truly want the icing to cover the whole of the top of the cupcake) my OH cracks up laughing! Not helpful. We have got meetings with 3 bakers next month and I know I am going to have to point out that I have a thing about being able to see the sponge and am concerned I am going to look like a crazy cake lady :(

Totally get where you're coming from as I made my own cupcakes for the wedding and had a similar 'issue'.

However, to not see any sponge by far the best option is to slightly under fill the case with sponge. To get this level right is very tricky. Too little and the sponge is dry and hard and can cause issues with the casing crumpling in a little bit.

A little bit too much cake and trying to cover the top with icing makes the icing look like carp.

A good way to judge is when you visit the shops see how uniform all their cupcakes are - if so it probably shows that she uses a specific measure when putting them out so they'll be able to get it right.

Another option are those really cute cupcake "wrap" things:

CUPCAKE-WRAP-120-WEDDING.jpg
  • Hadley1
    Hadley1 Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    I am a bridezilla - as I am forced to be at work (writing up boring commitee reports) when I should be sorting and sending out my Save the Dates. So am snapping at people telling them I should be at home sorting wedding stuff!!:rotfl:

Told OH off that housework, and cooking for him and the kids were also getting in the way... he didn't share my view. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport