I am a Bridezilla and my confession is....

Options

Comments

• Angel_of_Tomfoolery
    Options
    My mum keeps telling me how I want things to be on my wedding day even though there are lots of things that, as long as they are vaguely what I'm after,I'm not going to have a meltdown if, for example the napkins don't co-ordinate with the best man's socks!

The other day I said that I wasn't fussed if the bridesmaids' shoes weren't the same as each others. She replied with 'but you want them to match'. No mother, that is the opposite of what I just said...
  • Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Not so much of a bridezilla moment but just had to vent....

Cancelled the car my mum had booked as the logistics were too complicated - 40 min drive = me feeling sick with nerves, not good. Got a great deal on another car which I booked last week. Just got a call today to say that the rolls royce has been sold, !!!!!!!!!! The wedding is less than two weeks away and I haven't got the time to try and get another reasonably priced car. I am so upset but no tears are coming as I'm all cried out. I just want everything over with, even had a run-in with OH today as he text me at 9am this morning on the way back from Newcastle (Stag Do) and I didn't hear another word until 5pm when it turns out he was in yet another pub. Not a huge problem right, after all he was just finishing his do, however he is diabetic and hadn't eaten since this morning and I was really worried about him. Of course he didn't see it as a big deal. All sounds over-dramatic now but I've had enough of wedding stuff, just want to run away.
  • Miss_Bolan
    Options
    Swinstie73 wrote: »

Cancelled the car my mum had booked as the logistics were too complicated - 40 min drive = me feeling sick with nerves, not good. Got a great deal on another car which I booked last week. Just got a call today to say that the rolls royce has been sold, !!!!!!!!!! The wedding is less than two weeks away and I haven't got the time to try and get another reasonably priced car. I am so upset but no tears are coming as I'm all cried out. I just want everything over with, even had a run-in with OH today as he text me at 9am this morning on the way back from Newcastle (Stag Do) and I didn't hear another word until 5pm when it turns out he was in yet another pub. Not a huge problem right, after all he was just finishing his do, however he is diabetic and hadn't eaten since this morning and I was really worried about him. Of course he didn't see it as a big deal. All sounds over-dramatic now but I've had enough of wedding stuff, just want to run away.

Swintsie this is awful! Have you managed to sort anything else out? Does the company you booked not have another car you can use - If they have sold they should sort it out!
    :) Trying to be good and watch the pennies, but guilty of falling off the wagon every so often! :p
  • nickki44
    nickki44 Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    Swinstie73 wrote: »

Ah Swinstie - it will all seem better in the morning love.
    Men are wired differently to us women, but i'm sure he'll come round tomorrow...
    Wish i could help with the car, but i'm so far away.

If it helps, we only booked our cars last week, for our wedding next week, so people do have cars at late availability
    xxx
    The newest Mrs Lindley...... I married my Welsh Soulmate on 11-11-11 xxx
  • KK22_2
    KK22_2 Posts: 307 Forumite
    Options
    Need a rant... damn in-laws are the bane of my existence! History of horrible comments from the in-laws directed towards me, h2b and my family, hoped that things had recently started to thaw. No such luck.

We visited them the other night and told them that i had bought my wedding dress. Silence. As I get a bit uncomfortable with these situations, i tend to fill the silence so i babbled a bit about how in typical me fashion, it was over my budget so i would be living off of toast and beans until the wedding...

MIL2B - "Oh yeah... because you'll need to lose weight".
    ME: "Err... no. I was making a joke about not being able to afford to eat".
    MIL2B - "Yeah, but you'll still want to lose weight."
    ME: "Err... no."
    *AWKWARD*

I so wanted to reply with "no actually, i am not planning on losing weight as i am happy with being a size 10-12, my dress fits me like a glove, i am healthy and happy with my weight unlike you so stop putting your childish insecurities onto me, start dressing and acting your age, you interfering old bint". And breathe.
  • White_Sapphire
    Options
    KK22 wrote: »
    Need a rant... damn in-laws are the bane of my existence! History of horrible comments from the in-laws directed towards me, h2b and my family, hoped that things had recently started to thaw. No such luck.

We visited them the other night and told them that i had bought my wedding dress. Silence. As I get a bit uncomfortable with these situations, i tend to fill the silence so i babbled a bit about how in typical me fashion, it was over my budget so i would be living off of toast and beans until the wedding...

*AWKWARD*

I so wanted to reply with "no actually, i am not planning on losing weight as i am happy with being a size 10-12, my dress fits me like a glove, i am healthy and happy with my weight unlike you so stop putting your childish insecurities onto me, start dressing and acting your age, you interfering old bint". And breathe.

Speechless.
    Literally.

To assume that you want to lose weight is extremely rude in itself, but when you're a 10-12????? :eek:
    :heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
    :love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)
  • SaLoGo
    SaLoGo Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's awful!! I'm a size 10-12 and no way on this earth will I be dieting before (or after) my big day! How rude!

I've only been engaged 4 days but I'm sure I will be contributing to this thread in a few months time!
    :beer: Been smoke free for 4 years!! :beer:
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Options

*AWKWARD*

What a cow!!!!!! Obviously the witches are out for Halloween. I honestly can't believe that she would say that!!
  • abi-em-mum83
    Options
    Omg how rude! You should of replied with maybe we should do it together since you'll obviously trying to lose all your extra weight too!! Cheeky mare!!
    Ideas,help and advice always welcome, judgements and assumptions are not!!
    :happyhearMarrying my Mr Perfect 2013 :grin:
  • stir_crazy
    stir_crazy Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Options

*AWKWARD*

Oh my god, how rude!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport