e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    5th bill -22 April - is this the bill I need to send?

Spot on - obviously you won't receive it until a few days later. Just make sure they receive the actual bill (not a copy) before the bill is older than 28 days. So if sent ASAP, you should have no problems!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • daal43
    Options
    Hi Lynsey,

Thank you, was getting a bit mixed up.
    Daal43
  • Microstar_2
    Microstar_2 Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    Well, I sent my LBA on Friday - 10 working days to pay. This is for the fourth of four claims which I sent in January. I know they have received it (have a letter from Royal Mail and copy of the SD barcode sticker from the Dunstable PO Box).
    Will not climb down on this one - I want the outstanding amount plus my costs.

My advice is that if they don't pay then don't waste time and money on 0871 numbers etc. Just sent off LBA via Rec. Del. (£1.04) and leave it at that.

I will report back on the outcome.
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think people make things complicated, when all should be rather simple - though through experience I will admit.

To keep things as simple as possible, remember that a contract is in place, a contract both parties have to abide to. If a contract has been broken, action needs to take place, and trying to phone, sending emails is not the best route. Keep it simple, LBA giving 7-10 days (I always give 10 to allow for post, and because I'm nice!!!!!) stating why they have defaulted and telling them that if no payment is received by a deadline date (do give one) that suing via Moneyclaimonline will be the only outcome left. I always tell them not to send any payment after the deadline date as fees and expenses will need to be added to the debt (yes, it is a debt), but to wait to be contacted by Moneyclaimonline and act accordingly. I also cheekily add that they also have the right to defend my claim, but that's just my little "kink", I like to tease them!!!!! I've never had to actually go down the Moneyclaim route as yet, but that's only because Coolnewmobile went bust first.

Stay calm, keep things simple and don't delay - act quickly and "nip it in the bud".

Good luck,

Lynsey
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • gills001
    gills001 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i have read mobile junkies excellent guide and followed it all except no. 11 and no. 13 (quite significent i know). i did not keep a copy and sent by normal post. however, i did receive 2 text messages,for 2 different phones, on 30 jan stating claim received and would receive letter or cheque within 30 days. my question is can i still send an lba and follow up, or am i stuffed without the relevant documentation? also, i am just about to send another claim to dunstable, should it be rd or sp?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    You are fine. As long as you save the texts they will act as proof of receipt. I'd send recorded; if not received you can send again on those t&c within the 28 days of the bill date.
  • gills001
    Options
    thanks for the reply mobilejunkie. i thought i had scuppered my chance. i will follow your guide from now on.:beer:
  • gills001
    Options
    thanks for the reply mobilejunkie. i thought i had scuppered my chance. i will follow your guide from now on.
  • Huggins
    Huggins Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    Ok i've now had a quick look over the e2save t+c's and i can't find anything which states words to the affect of "if you miss 1 payment you lose all future redemptions claims" - I may be wrong but i have provided a link if anyone could view it and see if i've overlooked anything it would be very much appreciated.

http://media.e2save.com/pdfs/O2%20T%20Cs%20e2save.pdf

If it isn't stated anywhere in the t+c's i would love to get e2save to honour the rest of my agreement - they are so slippery!
  • Lynsey
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Huggins, check the wording of the T&C's of your "gift information".
    It usually states "where a valid claim has not been received by us within one calendar month of the required bill, which is the closing date for your claim. You will not be entitled to any part of the Cash Back offered. Cash back files are closed and cannot be reopened in these cases".

Which T&C's are you following??

Remember there are 2 sets of T&C's, one with e2save and another with your network.
    Hopefully, as stated the T&C's may be deemed as unfair - worth a few phone calls anyway, even if you get nowhere!!!!!!!!

Lynsey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure