e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    OK. So that is what you should go on.

Use the maximum timescale they have given of 42 working days, then chase them for your money.

As long as you are certain your claim has been delivered (ie you have proof of delivery)!
  • Gareth83
    Gareth83 Posts: 971 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I have proof of delivery, used special delivery with consequential loss.

How did you get 42 days?? It's not 14+28 though it is:
    28 working days from receipt to process.

So it delivered on the 14th March after being redirected so they have until April 25th to pay me. If not it's an LBA next.......?
  • Quentin
    Options
    I got the 42 by adding the 14 and the 28.

If you don't want to allow them the maximum timescale they have said, that's up to you!

You do seem a little impatient to get the money if the claim was only delivered on 14/3/08! You've got to give them a chance!
  • Gareth83
    Gareth83 Posts: 971 Forumite
    Options
    I am giving them chance, but asked a few pages ago roughly how long I should expect. It wasn't a complaint just a general bit of advice on how long to wait.

I've found the answer now though, it's 28 working days from receipt
  • bootsmad
    bootsmad Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    guys i also have a price match with e2save but have been unable to send my bills in as O2 have not sent me them! i have been requesting them since febuary but have been told they have a problem with my address. where does this leave me? my redemption deadline iis up, what can i do? have told o2 my problem and want them to compensate as my loss was due to them not sending my bills but what else can i throw at them?
  • Quentin
    Options
    Submit your claim on time with an explanation of why you cannot supply the bill, and that you will as soon as it is received from o2. Send a printout of the bill from the o2 website as a temporary measure.

If you do not make a claim at all within the required dates you will be in breach of the contract.

Get something in writing from o2 as to why you have not been sent a bill.

Then send them the original as soon as you have it along with a covering explanatory letter.

Keep copies of everything in case you need them later should they deny your claim. (If they do, then they will say all cashback is lost, so legal action may be necessary).
  • bootsmad
    Options
    thanks for your reply quentin, i have been in contact with both carphone and E2save abd have been told that a valid claim with original bills must be made or my cashback will be void . they have also told me to take it up with o2 as they have failed to provide me with my bills. can i take o2 to coart and if so how?
  • Quentin
    Options
    That is why you need to show you did all you could (by sending the claim and an explanation of why you have no bill).

Then if necessary you can demonstrate to the court that you did all you could to comply with the contract terms
  • bootsmad
    Options
    Ok Thanks Will Do What You Say.
  • chatty123
    chatty123 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can somebody give me the correct address to send an LBA to.

As i am dealing with this missing cashback for my mother i received a letter from a emma holloway at customer support, (after many many letters and emails ), asking that i send her proof of authorisation due to the data protection act from my mother. this was sent by email as requested and now i have been ignored again.
    the last letter i sent to the head office was on 13 march by recorded delivery and is still not showing as tracked.

this is becoming SO frustrating
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport