e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• crazyivan57
    Options
    I have a cashback deal with carphone warehouse clearance the site now is being routed to e2 save,just a bit of general advice would the advice be to send my claim to the original address shown by the CPW clearance or to contact e2 save and poss send it to them ? thanks.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    The address is the one you signed up to at the time on the relevant t&c.
  • Gareth83
    Gareth83 Posts: 971 Forumite
    Options
    bootsmad wrote: »
    Ok Thanks Will Do What You Say.

well your redemption deadline is up (you mentioned in your original post) so you probably have no hope of getting anything back.
  • oggsy
    oggsy Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All, have had to start a MCOL today with e2save as they have blanked my LBA and haven't been in touch to sort things out ( pretty crap for a cutting-edge communications company:confused:) MCOL was straightforward enough and costs £25 for my piddling £62.25 owed, i know its a bit trivial for this amount but hey theres a principle at stake here and £62.25 X loads = mega loads£££££££

Keep you posted.

Toodle pip!!

:cool:
  • Searcher2
    Searcher2 Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a good time of day to ring E2Save. My automatic cashback has not been paid as per their T&Cs and the website says I have to ring to let them no. The problem is that I seem to be just in a queue when I ring.

Maybe a fax number would be useful? Anyone know if the one on saynot0870.com works?

Last time I rang them (in January) I got through straight away so I suspect they are just not answering the phones at all. For a phone company not to have a system that tells you where you are in the queue seems a little odd.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Don't waste any more time or money ringing them.

Put your request for payment to them in a letter, and if you are prepared to follow this up with legal action to get your money, make it a LBA.
  • kjb_2
    kjb_2 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone had this problem? When I received my phone I noticed that the O2 number was different from the one on the invoice from e2save. I rang e2save and they said they would amend their records. I am now having trouble with my cashback claim as they believe I ported my number as it differs from their records!!!
    I have sent all the relevant info on 26th Feb but havent received a reply. I dont seem to be able to email them
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    That's their usual good customer "service" now. Don't waste your time trying to be reasonable or sensible. LBA setting out their mistakes and failure to pay and then sue. THEN they MIGHT actually talk to you and deal with it.
  • gushussain11
    Options
    I do agree. Unfair terms have not effect and/or terms specifically designed to create a breach of contract by a party (the customer (that they are standard terms)) are also usually unfair. You will need to present your case to Court as to what is actually intended by the terms and how this has caused you prejudice.

When issuing legal proceedings for breach of contract make sure you claim a amount equivalent to the outstanding amount of Cash Back even if its not due yet.

You will ofcourse be relying on the standard terms and conditions of the mobile network operator and in particular the minimum period. This will be the costs you will suffer. Any other costs e.g. Attending a hearing, solicitor costs for issuing the claim, Fee for issuing the claim etc can also be included, but that is matter for you to decide. Remember you can also bring your costs arguments to the court on the day of the hearing.

And dont forget if you are certain benefits you maybe entitled to further help.

Peaceful Regards
    Gus Hussain
  • Searcher2
    Searcher2 Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Don't waste any more time or money ringing them.

Put your request for payment to them in a letter, and if you are prepared to follow this up with legal action to get your money, make it a LBA.

Well... I have only just got back in and didn't see your advice. I rang the CPW number from saynoto0870 and asked to be put through to E2Save cashback. They put me through but I had to wait about 30 minutes in a queue. I rang from my 02 mobile (so only used my inclusive minutes) and recorded the conversation using the phone's facilities.

The bloke was friendly enough, took my details and told me that he had put in a request for the automatic chequeback and I should have it within 21 days. I also asked him about the descrepancy with the dates on my account compared with the T&Cs and he said I should stick to the dates on my account summary. I said this conflicted with the T&Cs but he insisted that I should stick to the dates in the summary. This contradicts what the last bloke told me in January - but I didn't record that conversation.

Anyway - I have it all documented digitally now. I am reasonably convinced I will get my automatic cashback now and they will struggle given the recording I have got if they try to wangle out of the future cashbacks. I also mentioned I had ported my number over to O2 and he said that was not a problem but I could submit the first bill with my original number when I send in my first claim if I wanted.... but need not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure