e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone ever tried claiming for the cost of phone calls trying to get hold of them? I have just been on hold for 30 mins and still no answer and its not the first time(the no 0870 number no longer works).
    Surely we should be able to get them to pay for our costs in trying to get back money they contracted to refund us so why should we be liable for calling them?
    oohh, they make my blood boil!
    is there a LBA letter by the way to copy? I have looked but thread is so long , i could not find it. Thanks in advance.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The advice throughout is not to waste time and money phoning them! Always go to a letter - much cheaper, no time wasted and you have a copy to show a judge if needed.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    The t&c are still around (I think) for the various deals if you search through the website. I have to say anyone NOT copying them AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE despite ALL the warnings on here for many months only have themselves to blame! I refer (AGAIN!) to my guide in the faint hope at least SOME people will take heed BEFORE they get into difficulties!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=558661&page=1
  • Searcher2
    Searcher2 Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you want to ring and it cost you no money (assuming you don't pay for calls to landlines - or 5p if you use 18185/1899 etc.) then ring CPW on 020 88965000 and ask for E2Save cashback....and be prepared to wait for about 30 minutes.

Both myself and my sister have used this method to initiate missing automatic cashback. No problems with the staff... though when my sister rang the woman said it was the first time she had had a missing automatic cashback. My sister pointed out that mine was missing too!

Good luck. I prefered the phone call way to start with...and I recorded the call.
  • R4pture_2
    R4pture_2 Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    Chambeli wrote: »
    the free phone number is for sales which is 08000496060 there is a geographical number which is 01509615993.

HAHAHA thats a loughborough number. anyone know where they are? it might be worth while visiting them and phsucally taking my bill to them as I live in Nottignham. What do you think?
    Current Debt : FEB 2010 - £10,000, OCT 2010 - £5,000 :j
    Competitions Won : ->:rotfl: HAHA Don't be silly Been Comping for 2 years! Still no wins!:rotfl:
  • Mandles
    Mandles Posts: 4,121 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone got a LBA example as im awful at official letters.
  • jedeye
    jedeye Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    I got a cheque from E2Save yesterday (although I never received a text saying they got my bill). It's printed on CPW letter headed paper with no e2save logos on it.

My problem though is that the cheque has Pay: Z ONLY

My name isn't 'Z'!!!! This is some kind of new security feature???

jedeye
  • jianping
    jianping Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Had the same problem with my cheque. Rang them up and they promised to send a replacement cheque, which arrived three weeks later.
    jedeye wrote: »
    I got a cheque from E2Save yesterday (although I never received a text saying they got my bill). It's printed on CPW letter headed paper with no e2save logos on it.

My problem though is that the cheque has Pay: Z ONLY

My name isn't 'Z'!!!! This is some kind of new security feature???

jedeye
  • ric3vic
    ric3vic Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had the same (see my earlier post) but my name was in small print at the foot of the cheque. Must be a new ploy or !!!! up. I took a copy of the cheque for my records and paid it in by post, the bank honoured it.
  • Gareth83
    Gareth83 Posts: 971 Forumite
    Options
    Gareth83 wrote: »
    Yes I have proof of delivery, used special delivery with consequential loss.

How did you get 42 days?? It's not 14+28 though it is:

So it delivered on the 14th March after being redirected so they have until April 25th to pay me. If not it's an LBA next.......?

Still yet to receive a confirmation email, however...........

received the cheque this morning for £108 :beer: :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport