e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• oggsy
    oggsy Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, just had post from E2save stating that to redeem my cashback I had to make sure its sent recorded delivery. Duhh!! :confused: They ask for tracking number which has been supplied numerous times via email and my original claim, and for copies of bill which they have and have been emailed with as well.

Obviously the letter is a "one size fits all", but you would think that a LBA issued on 14/3/08 with a 10 day limit would tempt them to issue a more tailored letter from a person not robot.

My MCOL is already in place so see what happens.
    Toodle Pip.
  • nanjo
    nanjo Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    HI all, slightly off topic.

e2save has declined my 2nd O2 contract, reason was I cannot have 2 contract with O2 within 3 months, can someone please verify this. (I have a contract since 20/JAN)

many thanks
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    They do have "undisclosed" limits that they apply on the number of phones they'll let you have.

It seems sometimes they apply them and sometimes they don't!

But not a lot you can do - they are allowed to not have you as a customer if they don't want you.

If you really want another, is there another household member in whose name you could apply?
  • nanjo
    nanjo Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I can apply under another household member but I can't port my old number over (or can I ??) .
    the number I want to port is under my name, do the network check the 'name' when they port the number? ( virgin to O2)
  • Quentin
    Options
    Couldn't you change the name on the virgin phone first?

(Of course all this might fail if e2save refuse the order from your other household member for any reason)
  • madkitty
    madkitty Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys - back again as its claim 2 for me and this time I have sent it special as Im not looking forward to all the hassle I had the last time. I sent it to the po box 462 address in crewe but notice when I checked this morning that it is being redirected.....are we supposed to now send them to a different address yet again?
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    madkitty wrote: »
    Hi guys - back again as its claim 2 for me and this time I have sent it special as Im not looking forward to all the hassle I had the last time. I sent it to the po box 462 address in crewe but notice when I checked this morning that it is being redirected.....are we supposed to now send them to a different address yet again?

Unless you have been informed by letter stating the new address, keep to what's in the original T&C's. It's their problem to inform you, but as a redirection is in place, it appears sorted anyway. Take no chances.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
  • 2tight
    2tight Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've sent a LBA to their registered company address - 1 Portal Way, London, W3 6RS for an unpaid autocashback. Will post outcome in 10days. MCOL setup to go.
  • Quentin
    Options
    By not paying you the auto cashback they have committed a fundamental breach of the contract.

This allows you to consider the contract cancelled, and to claim not just the missing payment, but the total amount you were originally contracted to receive from them.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey Posts: 9,486 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    2tight wrote: »
    I've sent a LBA to their registered company address - 1 Portal Way, London, W3 6RS for an unpaid autocashback. Will post outcome in 10days. MCOL setup to go.

How late is it????
    I personally think it might not be classed as late until around 3 months (ie: 2 months for cashback and up to 28 days for cheque).
    Interesting to see how others think and like Quentin says, if not received it's a fundamental breach of contract and it would be silly not to chase up the total amount according to the original contract. But first you have to wait until your LBA is addressed, if at all.

I'm looking forward to your update, best of luck.

Lynsey
    **** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    No. 9 target £600 - :staradmin (x21)
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00 - No. 9 £700.00 (target met)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure