🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Microstar_2
    Microstar_2 Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    They have removed the e-mail form from their website (I used it a week or two back - never got a reply, let alone a reply within the promised 2 days). However if you really want to try e-mailing then the address is: customerservices@e2save.com
  • nicole136
    nicole136 Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    Microstar wrote: »
    Huggins

If you missed the claim window then all is lost I'm afraid. This is how e2save make their money.
    I done loads of cashbacks and what I do is to carefully work out all my relevant bill dates and put them into my MS Outlook diary, with alarms etc set. Then copy this to my phone. Its then almost impossible to forget. This has stood me well for every claim to date on several phones over the last three years or so. I'm only now running into problems because e2s are messing me around - so it looks like MCOL time (which, strangely, I'm rather looking forward to.. ;))

There's me just using an old fashioned calender! I just sent my price match first claim to crewe PObox 462 as it stated in my pricematch terms and conditions, which they keep saying "may differ from normal terms and conditions" - The PObox is different.

I would NEVER send it to any other address than what is stated in the T+C's (just in case that point has not been stressed enough)
    :j :beer: :j
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Postcode is also different. It's historical and I won't bore you with the details. Wolfman is right (I taught him "everything" he knows after all - and after being quite dismissive of his first cry for help on these threads about his own contracts with them!). The lesson is folow the groundrules and make sure you understand what you're signing up to. Microstar has it slightly awry. The claim "window" is their fictitious invention. It is different to the legal t&c under the price-match deals - but NOT the current ones.
  • Microstar_2
    Options
    Microstar has it slightly awry. The claim "window" is their fictitious invention. It is different to the legal t&c under the price-match deals - but NOT the current ones.

No, nothing awry at all. There is, and always has been, a claim 'window' for each cashback claim - its from when you get the relevant bill until the last date that they will accept it. The 'window' dates may be the subject of some confusion, but it does exist.
  • terrier3
    terrier3 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with mobilejunkie on this one. I also dispute the existance of a claim window, as there is nothing in my T&Cs which refers to this. Punters just need to know that they have 30 days from the date on the relevant airtime bill to get their claim in. If you start calling this a cliam window, it becomes confusing, as you start to adopt their lingo, and this might add to people's confusion. Better to say that their is no claim window, as this just seems to make E2Save believe that they are right! When i contact E2Save I usually refer to my 30 days as 'within the timeframe stated in my T&Cs" and avoid any reference to a 'claim window'.

hope that helps!
  • cr3sp0
    cr3sp0 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    cr3sp0 wrote: »
    I've had enough of waiting nearly 2 months since they signed for the paperwork back in January for my 2nd cashback claim. I've spoken to customer services (eventually) who ask me to fax it to them again so their Admin dept can verify my claim and I should hear from them within 3-4 days. Well, still no cheque. I've submitted my claims as per T&C's just like my husband who recieved his last 2 cheques without problems. The online contact us/my updates section on their website is a complete waste of time - automatic replys. Customer service always say they will look into it, but do they actually do. I've e-mailed giving them 7 days LBA, and still nothing. I've never received a text or e-mail to say my claim is being processed, but that has never stopped me getting cashback claim 1. So, as far as I can see the only way of getting somebody to sit up and take notice is to pursue a claim through moneyclaim online. I thought going through an affiliate of Carphone Warehouse would be easier than some of these other cashback companies out there. :mad:

Good news (I think). Submitted a MCOL after already sending off cashback claim 3 as normal, and today I receive 2 cheques for the same amount. Either they've suddenly realised they hadn't paid me for cashback claim 2 or they've processed my cashback claim 3 twice. Same date on cheques. Still leaves me £25 short for MCOL, so I think I will let that run and see what happens next.:confused:
  • oggsy
    oggsy Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, have sent a LBA today following Mobilejunkies advice giving 10 days from todays date to issue a cheque for cashback. They dispute they have received it but Royal Mail tracking says otherwise. Looks like their sacks getting a bit full. (so is mine hehe) :p
    Toodle Pip :j
  • amf
    amf Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cr3sp0 wrote: »
    Good news (I think). Submitted a MCOL after already sending off cashback claim 3 as normal, and today I receive 2 cheques for the same amount. Either they've suddenly realised they hadn't paid me for cashback claim 2 or they've processed my cashback claim 3 twice. Same date on cheques. Still leaves me £25 short for MCOL, so I think I will let that run and see what happens next.:confused:

That is exactly the correct thing to do. If my similar example is anything to go by CPW will issue a generic defence - this boils down to "we owe the claimant nothing". You will at about the same time as you are notified of the defence being lodged you will receive a phone call from a lady from the compliance dept of CPW offering to meet your claims to date and refund MCOL costs, if you will agree to submit future claims as required.

I turned down this offer and I'm waiting to hear from the court as to when my case will be called.

Nil carborundum illegitmae:D
  • Huggins
    Huggins Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    looks like i've stuffed myself then - i've been succefully sending back redemptions for 3 years and overlooked this one and was outside the 30 day window unfortunatley - it's however a TOTAL STITCH up that all the other redemptions become completley void after missing just 1?! is it worth me reading the hundreds of threads here to see if i can contest this with e2save - or should i just draw a line under it and try not to drive myself onto a stress related heart attack?! ie. i've no chance of getting any of the further redemptions!
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I received my 2nd cashback cheque on a pricematch deal in record time. Letter sent SD 3 March, received 5 March, cheque dated 11 March received today. However, there is only minor problem. The cheque is made payable to 'Z only' (which is not me). At the bottom of the cheque it even has the correct payee, but obviously, the bank would not take it.

Can someone please advise what to do now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport