e2save problem (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Sybarite
    Options
    Right

D2save. Denided my initial cashback claim for sending through the wrong bill. Correct. I bought a handset at the end of the month (Oct 27th) They didn't supply my correct address to the network so I didn't receive a bill for the 4 days at the end of October & not unreasonably assumed November's bill was my 1st.

Phoned E2Save after my initial claim was denied as I'd sent Feb's bill not January. Explained the situation, was told fine, re-submit your paperwork there's a note on the file & A cheque will be issued.

Nothing received. Contacted them once again & was told the previous customer service guy had no authorisation to agree to issue a cheque & no longer worked for the company - I'd have to write to the appeals dept.

Did this. A month later letter back stated appeal wouldn't be accepted - but they didn't appear to have read my letter stating that an incorrect bill had been sent as a result of their error in giving the network my address.

Called - no joy wouldn't even discuss the situation then given the run around with alternate customer services numbers that weren't appropriate. Eventually told to write back to the appeals department.

So I'm tired of chasing them. I will not buy another handset through them & not recommend them.

My question is what's an effective method of attempting to extract the cash from them?

CPW (I now have a new contract with them) have advised me that E2Save are a separate automous department, but part of the CPW group. They've also said they have load of complaints about them & that I could possibly contact CPW's correspondence department - I'm not impressed CPW are linked in any way to them.

Does anyone have experience of addressing a named individual within either E2Save or CPW or can offer further advice? Thanks
    I do hope you're telling the truth?
  • Old_Gold
    Options
    CPW are like this themselves so why should it be a surprise that a subsidary acts like this. They expect you to give up so the only way to get anywhere is not to give up. Keep pushing to speak to the people at the top.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    I made a complaint to charles dunstone about e2 save in may this year, reference E2save cash back and Royal mail recorded delivery signatures, i recieved the response below on 16/5/06, since then nothing, just about sums up CPW's commitmant to customer service, a big fat Zero!!!!!

Thank you very much for your email.

This is a courtesy response to let you know that we have received it and will be reviewing it shortly. Depending on the nature of the enquiry, it may take us a while to investigate fully. Therefore, if we don't get back to you immediately, please be assured we are still working on it.

Kind regards

Charles Dunstone
    Chief Executive Officer
    sanfly
  • Quinny_2
    Quinny_2 Posts: 1,351 Forumite
    Options
    Sent my final cashback claim off to them today,by recorded delivery.

I have to say,that so far,other than being slow,I haven't had a problem with them,and have had the 2 previous claims settled.

But my next contract has already been sorted,direct with 3.

Ken.
    That's my mutt in the picture above.
  • PITTY
    Options
    I have had 3 phone, contracts and claims with E2save. no problems at all. I have got 3new contracts going. I have had no problems with any of them and got £10 for recomending myself.
  • Cadwell_Parker
    Options
    It seems many people have concerns about redeeming E2saves cashback offer.

The 12 month contract I took out through them last year expired last month and I've had no problem at all claiming my cashback. My final cheque arrived yesterday.:j

Admitedly they can be rather slow sometimes but the cheques have always come through in time and they managed to keep me informed via text message when my claim was received and when the cheques were sent out.

All in all I've been very happy with them... Maybe I'm just lucky.:confused:
  • avrillo_2
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote:
    A few of you may remember a while ago on the e2save thread that got killed, I was gathering recorded delivery numbers to make a group complaint to Royal Mail about the fact that recorded deliveries to E2Save never get signed for.

For those who are interested, after much hassle I eventually got the following reply:

Dear Mr XXXXXX

I write in regards to the problems that you have experienced when
    sending
    Recorded Delivery items to e2save.

I fully appreciate how important it is that we obtain a signature upon
    delivery, as this is the main reason for using our Recorded service. I
    can
    confirm that the Delivery Office Manager has carried out a full
    investigation regarding this failure and has found that these errors
    occured as a result of human error on the behalf of the Delivery
    Officer.

The Delivery Office Manager has informed me that the Officer
    responsible
    has been interviewed and that the relevant action has been taken in
    line
    with Royal Mails conduct code, to ensure that this error does not occur
    again. I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to provide you with
    further details regarding the action taken, due to the data protection
    act.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this problem.

I hope that you are satisfied with the action I have taken. If you
    still
    have concerns, please get back in touch quoting our reference number
    1-1886XXXXXX.

Regards

Kirsty Coggill
    Team Leader

This letter was received back on 17th July.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has sent stuff recorded to e2save again since 17th July and it has / hasn't been signed for!!!

M
    Just checked if my recorded delivery to e2save cashback offer (posted 25th Aug 06) has been signed for and surprise, surprise it has not.

I am also having problems with them concerning their ambiguity of which AIRTIME bills they require. I received an unsatifactory letter from Joel Cook from their Correspondence Team at the Claims Department. I had threatened them with Trading Standards and Watchdog and also told them I had recorded a converstation with one of their Cashback Superviors in Ireland - who actually agreed that I did have a case with them. But the E2save Claims Department arrogantly hide behind the fact that you cannot contact them by phone and think that the majority of complainers will give up due to all the obstacles which they manufacture.

I think it is time that E2save were named and shamed and everyone with problems with them should contact BBC Watchdog...

My next step is to contact Trading Standards, the Small Claims Court and Watchdog
  • stevo84_2
    Options
    Pwillo1 wrote:
    Hi,
    as the original e2save thread has been removed(why????) I thought I'd give you my advice as an 'expert' on e2save.

I have two contracts with them taken out at same time.
    I have now made 4 claims.
    I have had to jump through hoops to get each claim.

Excuses List.
    Claim not received. (Not one of 4 claims sent recorded delivery have been signed for!)
    They only received header page of fax - not the copy bill.
    I sent "wrong" month bill. (I did not!!!)

Tip - fax your claims to 0871 2226505

Keep a copy of all correspondance and a written record of any phone calls you make to customer services.

At the end of the day I just mention the words 'small claims court' and my cheque appears in the post a few days later. Amazing!!!

It is quite obvious that the 'standard' procedure for these claims is to deny them and only pay when the customer kicks up a fuss. Scandalous!!

do you just attach a note or the voucher with the fax?
    Current stoozing balance (Since 23/4/06): -£1335
    Matched betting proffit (Since 25/4/06): £295 I think (Getting confusing!)
    Quidco Balance: £55 :beer: * Updated 31st May *
    If anyone sees any arbs at canbet / betandwin please let me know! *Thanks*
  • AndieJagain
    Options
    CURRENTLY 25 DAYS OVER DUE ON A Sat Nav that should have been supplied as part of my phone deal.
    called after 28 + 7 initial delivery period to be told I wasn't on database, a 'clerical error'. It would take another 14 days.
    called again after another 20 days 'it'll be 2-3 weeks at least, they're on back order' -'we're short stocked' yet they have them for sale on CPW site, and at every CPW store.
    have written twice to CPW's (parent co.) CEO, no response.
    extremely annoyed.
    is there an obmudsman for website sales?.

watchdog, which, trading standards & whoever else I can thinking will be getting involved if I don't have my nuvi by next friday!!, may even complain to vodafone (who my contract is with) orange & o2 (as e2sh*t are advertising the nuvi as a gift on their tarriffs, despite 'not having any')
  • Old_Gold
    Options
    Yes Andie we should be making complaints. It appears that Dunstone has a big mouth when it comes to his publicity but falls short on delivering. If all of us who are disatisfied with them falling short of their promises complain to Trading Standards and the Advertising Authority they will have to do something about it. I have written to their directors and I await with baited breath to see if I get a reply.
    Read their five fundamental rules on their website for this plus all their boasts of how they run their company is the argument that is the strongest to win our rights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure