🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bank Charges Reclaiming Guide discussion

Options

Comments

• g-unit_2
    Options
    They did exactly the same thing with me, LloydsTSB are a disgrace.
  • g-unit_2
    Options
    LloydsTSB charge me three different amounts for the same returned direct debit 3 months in a row, £385 in October, £240 in November and £140 in December. When I complained (under hardship) I did not get sent an expenditure form, they blatantly lied to the ombudsman and they agreed with Lloyds and refused my claim.
    I have re-contacted TSB asking them just to explain the charges and why they differ so much, I have not yet asked for them to be refunded. They will not even do the decent thing and give me an explanation,so its back to the ombudsman.
  • FLHH66555
    Options
    you have my sympathy. dump them. its the only way.
  • smartbambi
    Options
    Is anyone else having trouble opening the thread for the calculator? I used it a few weeks ago and then had to ask for updated charges (still running at around £150 per month!) and now I can't open it from the main bank charges site.
  • maz1964
    maz1964 Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hiya all

im now unemployed and wondering about my sole debts and our joint bank accounts that have had charges too

i did claim the bank charges but now getting letters stating that due to the bank legal success they are not paying out, however, i feel can i now reply to them before i go to the ombudsman and state i no longer am working even though husband is and claim via the hardship route ?

the bank charges would in effect clear the outstanding overdrafts with halifax and barclays, and i have also complained to halifax ref the 1.00 a day charges which has in effect increased the monthly fee from 17 in interest only to 31/30/28 days depending on the month!

i wish to address these charges in the best possible way since my circumstances have now changed

appreciate any advice thanks maz
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 1525

"Knowledge is the Power to get Debt Free":j

Truecall device, stops all the unneccesary phone calls - my sanity has been restored and the peace in the house is truely priceless!:rotfl:
  • sindakit
    sindakit Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hey was wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what was ruled on at last years supreme court ruling. I'm lead to believe it was section 6 of the UTCCR 1999 and only section 6. Is this true?

I'm looking to make a claim under section 5 and claiming due to charges it resulted in subsequent charges the following months i.e. detriment and hardship.

A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer. (My emphasis)

Wil this work?
  • moaninminnie_2
    Options
    Has ANYONE had ANY success with Lloyds TSB? Please can SOMEONE offer me ANY hope of ever getting these charges back!!
  • xmickeyx
    xmickeyx Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    :)I there I am new to this so not sure what to do so much information on this webiste! I am looking to claim back my bank charges for royal bank of scotland from a few years ago i am currently paying my overdraft at £100.00 per month this has to be paid as I work for rbs through direct line so because I went over my overdraft my manager pulled me aside and told me to get it sorted out as I could be disaplined for this and I need to show her proof I pay this each month.
    I have been with the bnk for years since I was a small child dont know where to go from here please help with!!

Thanks Michelle :-):o
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    sindakit wrote: »
    Hey was wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what was ruled on at last years supreme court ruling. I'm lead to believe it was section 6 of the UTCCR 1999 and only section 6. Is this true?

I'm looking to make a claim under section 5 and claiming due to charges it resulted in subsequent charges the following months i.e. detriment and hardship.

A contractual term which has not been individually negotiated shall be regarded as unfair if, contrary to the requirement of good faith, it causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations arising under the contract, to the detriment of the consumer. (My emphasis)

Wil this work?

I think the emphasis should be on two things: "contrary to the requirement of good faith" and "significant imbalance"

If you are arguing financial hardship then my signature page 20 will help you.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Worry
    Worry Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    markdsmith wrote: »
    Update: re-approached Nationwide by phone and letter and they are sticking to their guns. Tried the route that the charges caused further DDs to bounce thus causing additional charges hence causing hardship, but they just said "you should've changed your DD dates then". Now with the FOS to see what they can do. From my statements it clearly shows their charges coming out caused this vicous circle. Now banking with A&L with no problems as I'm out of the cycle. Problem is, the O/D with Nationwide still stands so I need to get this wiped out. Has ANYONE had any success against Nationwide via the hardship route?

Im the same, I was with Nationwide, got an overdraft of £1150 and another of £800. constant bank charges causing more bank charges. Ive gone the financial hardship route, sent a letter last week with my income and expenditure, still waiting for a reply, ill let you know what happens, even tho i think ill know what reply ill get, Im also banking with A&L now. Alot better than Nationwide.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure