Bank Charges Reclaiming Guide discussion

Options

Comments

• I thought i would see if anyone else is in the same boat as me, i have had a claim on hold with Natwest since January 08 for bank charges, obviusly i received the standard tough luck letter after the sumpreme court case, i have followed the progress on Martins website and decided to write again claiming hardship as all the charges are from 05/06 when i was in sever financial hardship, i eventually got out of it by the beginning of 2008 with a lot of hard work and living on the bread line for over 3 years.

I have had a letter back saying fill in a claim form about my outgoings, as my circumstances are a lot healthier and the problems are not current i rang Natwest yesterday and asked if it would be best for me to fill in the form from when i was in finacial hardship the the nice lady i spoke to said yes, BUT she had not heard of anyone doing this as of yet but if you dont ask you dont get.

Anyone else in this boat? Dont want my accounts to get affected. but the claim is for over £1600 pounds i'm getting married and have a mortgage so any money back would be handy.

Hopefully hear from someone ??
  • wolfdoguk
    Options
    wolfdoguk wrote: »
    Hi, I need some help here! I have a current account with RBS and also a business account with them as a sole trader. My business has been in great difficulties for a good while, and I was wondering if it was possible to claim back charges on the business account, or is it impossible because it is actually a business account? I also have been paying for insurance on a capital one credit card since being asked over the phone if I would like it, is it possible to reclaim?
    Thanks.

Anyone?????
  • Diesel_Princess
    Diesel_Princess Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 February 2010 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Hi

I claimed my bank charges of around £2000 from Halifax using the letter templates on this website back in 2007 and through the small claims court. The court found in my favour however, I did not recieve any money. I sent in the bailiffs and because the address was a PO Box they were unable to collect. After contacting the Halifax they provided another address which I forwarded to the court bailiff. Following the courts ruling the claim was then put on hold. Should I not have received something as the courts had found in my favour prior to the hearing? I had to pay extra to send in the bailiff.

Any advice please............... I have heard nothing since from either the courts or the Halifax.

Cheers
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    Options
    ''I claimed my bank charges of around £2000 from Halifax through this website back in 2007 and the small claims court. the court found in my favour and I did not recieve any money.''

Did the court find in your favour or did you get a default judgment ? do you have a copy of the order from the court ?
    LegalBeagles
  • paulthedude34
    Options
    hi all after apply for the hardship route wos given an adjudicator in sept of 09 been made redundant behind on bills overdraft through the roof got my decision on the 18th of feb 2010 to be told that they dont think im in hardship and lloyds tsb have done enuf to help me im at the end of my tether is there any justice in this country would love the big bankers to live in hardship any 1 got any sugestions to wot i should do cheers Paul
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 February 2010 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Hi

I claimed my bank charges of around £2000 from Halifax using the letter templates on this website back in 2007 and through the small claims court. The court found in my favour however, I did not recieve any money. I sent in the bailiffs and because the address was a PO Box they were unable to collect. After contacting the Halifax they provided another address which I forwarded to the court bailiff. Following the courts ruling the claim was then put on hold. Should I not have received something as the courts had found in my favour prior to the hearing? I had to pay extra to send in the bailiff.

Any advice please............... I have heard nothing since from either the courts or the Halifax.

Cheers

Have a good read of the following, including all the associated links, which details the options open to you to attempt to enforce judgement.
    http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/enforcement/index.htm

As you are owed more than £750, you might want to consider filing for their bankruptcy; it'll cost you £620 (to start) but it should focus their attention :cool:

Edit: Following the court having considered your claim and having already found in your favour, how was the claim then put on hold??? There seems to be some part of the story missing. What did the judgement you gained say? Have the Hailfax appealed that judgement?

Edit 2: Done some digging. It appears that the judgement you gained was a judgement by default following no defence being provided within the required time.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=6600119&postcount=464

For the claim to have been put on hold, Halifax must have applied and had granted the judgement you were initially granted to be set aside. (i.e. cancelled, annulled). They then would have applied to have the claim stayed. Contact the court and get a copy of the stay order (if you don't have it) before wasting any more money on bailiffs. You don't appear to have judgement, sorry.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • corntav
    Options
    Doe's anybody have a phone number for Lloyds tsb in Andover as I just keep getting passed from pillar to post
    thanks
  • Diesel_Princess
    Options
    thanks for your responses, appreciate the help. I don't have all the info in front of me now but will check it out when I get home.

Thanx:beer:
  • juliet1972
    Options
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place to be posting but I am looking for an e-mail address to contact someone regarding my Aqua credit card part of Halifax re a complaint/refund?

Any help? Thanks
  • markdsmith_2
    Options
    markdsmith wrote: »
    Update on my case. I received a rejection letter from Nationwide stating that although they are "sorry to hear about your current circumstances" they "have to be fair and consistant" in their approach. They claim ""we believe you have suffcient income to cover your essential monthly expenditure".

They now say I should deal with the debt collecting agency KKPR.

What's my next step? There is no way I can afford to pay back the money they are claiming.

The overdraft is £1800 and I'm claiming £2950 + interest in charges (going back to Jul 07). One of the criteria for hardship cases is if you incurr more than £500 a year in charges. Is this correct? Please help.
    Update: re-approached Nationwide by phone and letter and they are sticking to their guns. Tried the route that the charges caused further DDs to bounce thus causing additional charges hence causing hardship, but they just said "you should've changed your DD dates then". Now with the FOS to see what they can do. From my statements it clearly shows their charges coming out caused this vicous circle. Now banking with A&L with no problems as I'm out of the cycle. Problem is, the O/D with Nationwide still stands so I need to get this wiped out. Has ANYONE had any success against Nationwide via the hardship route?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback