We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 9
Comments
-
angelfairy wrote: ».. (apologies to anyone else that has a AT fancy)
Surely there aren't more?!
:rotfl: 0 -
Oh all your kind comments are making me cry - thank you
I joined a breastfeeding group when Tegan was 2 weeks old luckily - would recommend it to everyone. A few of us from there meet up at each others houses on a monday as well (altthoug with this weather it is hard to get out)
I kept asking my HV about the feeding and she checked and said Tegan was latching on okay so the only thing I can think is that I am getting tired and not eating/drinking enough which is affecting my milk supply?? Maybe OH will take over a bit tomorrow so I can get a bit of rest and me time.
I know that she will take a bottle after expressing over christmas( I use the freebie bottle that was mentioned on the pregnancy forum that is meant to resemble the way babies breast feed called breastflow )
Hugs Karen. You've had lots of advice from people already....as MFD said, we've all been where you are now at some point.
You really need to make sure you're eating and drinking enough as that will affect your supply. I used to get to afternoon and be feeding a fighty, kicky, scratchy baby before realising i'd not eaten anything all day - theres so many other things to do! :rolleyes:
There is no shame in giving up breast feeding or trying mixed feeding. All babies are different and it's more important that you're a happy mummy.
I fed my first with no problems til I went back to work at 4 months, then he switched to f/f with no problems.
I fed my second for two weeks and it was a hellish time! I've no idea why - but we were both much happier once she'd switched to f/f. (She's still an awkward b00ger!)
My third I fed exclusively for 8 months before introducing a bottle in prep. for back to work. There was none of the nipple confusion we here so much about :rolleyes: - as long as she's getting fed, she's happy. From 8-10 months were were combining the two, but she did end up perfering the bottle to the booby, but I think i'd started to dry up. She's 11 months now and theres no booby left :sad:.
Anyway - my point is, it's more important that you're a happy (fed) Mummy and baby than where the baby's milk comes from.
And all babies are different - even ones from the same tummy. :rolleyes:
I wish my mum would hurry up - I can't wait for my first pint! (Classy as ever I am MFD!)
:beer:0 -
Tigsteroonie wrote: »After GISI's photo of Henry in his bumbo yesterday, I said I'd upload a photo of Andrew in his - to give you an idea of his size!

Me likey:
- Andrew's eyes
- superwarm looking cardie
- neck strength to be sitting up brilliantly in bumbo
- and my inner geek is very impressed that you have windows 7 text books on your lounge floor

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £400 -
I gave Amber a bottle of formula at night (around 8pm) from 8 weeks old as a top up, to get her to gain some weight (she started to loose weight) and to stop the cluster feeding at night. It worked for us, and while we eventually went onto combination feeding then stopped BF by 14 weeks, the stopping BF was more to do with time constraints put on feeding that meant she wasn't getting enough, wasn't gaining weight and generally I was starting to become neurotic and very depressed/stressed with myself. Formula is not evil. I did feel guilty, but then I felt guilty about everything with Amber :rolleyes: For us BF was contributing to a few psychological problems too

Karen, why not try oats (in the form of nummy flapjacks) and some fenigreek and upping your food/fluid intake for a few days and then see how things are? Things like this, you got to play by ear and do what is best not just for baby, but for you all as a family.
I'm really hungry for flapjacks now :mad:0 -
hello everyone .. havent managed to catch up but ((hugs)) and
to all ...
bad news here philip popped in to his work to see when his next shift is and all staff are getting reviewed on whether there staying or going but it doesnt look good for philip as boss didnt seem to keen to keep him she said she'd call next week to let him now but hes not getting his hopes up, we knew its was only temp so hes cool with it although he is alittle disppointed he says at least hes bringing in alittle money ... so fingers crossed people ...
i got some more presents today so that 2 people down 5 people to go then just philip and the kids
x
Still searching .....:)
0 -
Tigs he is sooooooooooo adorable. Keira came over and saw his pic and said "Aww cute baby, I think he's away to bite my finger and get blood though" Errr what? She freaks me out! Plus I don't think Andrew has any teeth yet (correct me if Im wrong though!)
Pwetty!! He doesn't look too small either0 -
-
............................Me likey:
- Andrew's eyes - they've stayed blue, which makes me happy
- superwarm looking cardie - Nanna's handiwork, he has about 6 now!
- neck strength to be sitting up brilliantly in bumbo - he's a strong little fighter
- and my inner geek is very impressed that you have windows 7 text books on your lounge floor
- :rotfl: :rotfl: library books, W7Pro (student ed) being installed this weekend!
:heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls
MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote
Proud Parents to an Aut-some son
0 - Andrew's eyes - they've stayed blue, which makes me happy
-
Aw 3 - I wanna pint too!!
Would it be wrong of me to stop in at the pub in the CM's village and have a quick scoop before I go and pick the baby up??please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman
Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14ozA new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 20120 -
No teeth yet! I keep checking (aka. he keeps sucking on my finger). He just fits the bumbo now, we're amazed at how well it must have been designed for babies of different sizes.Buttonmoons wrote: »Tigs he is sooooooooooo adorable. Keira came over and saw his pic and said "Aww cute baby, I think he's away to bite my finger and get blood though" Errr what? She freaks me out! Plus I don't think Andrew has any teeth yet (correct me if Im wrong though!)
Pwetty!! He doesn't look too small either
I've put him in scratch mitts to try and keep his hands warmer, but he keeps throwing the right hand one off - anybody reckon this is an indication of right-handedness? I'm a rightie, Marley's a leftie, so we're interested to see which hand Andrew favours.:heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls
MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote
Proud Parents to an Aut-some son
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
