We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…426427429431432…1193

Comments

  • Oh my! Whereabouts is it you live? The tractor made me laugh too. At least you have the stove to keep you snug - it could be quite romantic camping out in front of the fire!

    We live in the middle of no where on the Herefordshire/Gloucestershire border :cool:

    The tractor has been and the boiler is in the middle of being repaired (hopefully!) .

    Karen, I am 90% breast feeding now at 7 weeks but when LO was born he wouldn't latch on. Because I can only feed with 1 breast he started off being fed only 10% expressed breast milk and the rest formula. I use tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and there has never been any problems for him with the so called nipple confusion. hope this helps x
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yeah, I agree with Feely about bottle preference. I stuck to TT number 1's when she was still BF. She got nothing out the breast flow bottle, I think it was a duff. Oh and also, if you do use a bottle remember and let them latch onto the bottle, don't put it in their mouth.
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Feelie Nothing was aimed at you hunny, you give brilliant advice. Along with Krystal you are the MSE BF Experts! I know i've been incredibly lucky to have 3 babies who didn't care where their food was coming from, and I was able to feed 2 of the 3 successfully! :D

    (It was aimed at the bl00dy HV's, who in my experience know b00ger all!)


    I'm really going now. xx
    :beer:
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Karen, I am 90% breast feeding now at 7 weeks but when LO was born he wouldn't latch on. Because I can only feed with 1 breast he started off being fed only 10% expressed breast milk and the rest formula. I use tommee tippee closer to nature bottles and there has never been any problems for him with the so called nipple confusion. hope this helps x

    Just wanted to say wow! I'd be interested to know more about your story, if you ever fancy going into more detail!
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    3 - forgot to say earlier, have a great night out. I bet it was quite satisfying handing in your pass! I wish it were me.
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    karen1907 wrote: »
    can someone give me a flapjack recipe?

    these are very frugal, tasty and chewy rather than rock hard which is how DH and I like them. We also add cinnamon.

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Feelie - it was me that started talking about 'so-called-nipple-confusion' being a stick used by health professionals to scare them away from bottles the other day. Nothing was aimed at anyone. I just think for most babies it is a nonsense.


    I thought I was being contraversial at the time, but then everyone agreed with me LOL!!





    Just in case anybody doesn't know me very well, the comment about going to the pub before I picked the baby up was a joke...


    ...I always take the baby to the pub with me :D
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • Gorgeous pic Tigs. Andrew is so cute and I love his cardi! He looks like he has great head control too.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Just wanted to say wow! I'd be interested to know more about your story, if you ever fancy going into more detail!

    Hi, Feelie,no problem - what do you want to know? The not so very short story is that I was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years ago and after a couple of ops, chemotherapy & radiotherapy was told that children were not going to be possible. They were wrong! When I found out I was pregnant I decided I really wanted to breast feed - both for his benefit and for the health benefits for me too but I knew that the treated breast wouldn't be able to produce milk but I worked on the theory that you can breastfeed twins so I wold be able to breastfeed 1 baby with 1 breast. I didn't factor in the possibility of LO not latching on when born though.... he was initially cup fed but it was way too consuming so I switched to bottles but kept persevering with trying breast and expressing too. He is now almost completely breast fed and I am really proud of myself for getting this far :o
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Karen, this is the recipe my friend followed. I'd put something on FB a while ago about wanting/needing flapjack, and she turned up on my doorstep with it a few hours later - despite the fact she knew nothing about *why* I needed it (she's a bit anti-kids at the minute so doesn't know anything about BFing ;)). Bless her! :D Have been meaning to make more ever since.. it was so yummy I ate it all in a day!

    Ingredients:
    - 1 whole pack of real butter
    - 1 whole small tin of golden syrup (or half of large tin)
    - 8 ounces of caster sugar
    - 8 ounces of conrflakes (crushed - put in a bag and crush with a rolling pin)
    - 10 ounces of rolled oates
    - 4 ounces of plain flour

    Method:
    - Melt butter and sugar together (use a big & deep saucepan) till it goes a nice yellowy smooth consistency - then add the golden syrup to this
    - Combine the remaining dry ingredients together.
    - Add the dry ingredients to the butter mix (in about 4 stages but dont let it get too dry) - if still too wet add more oates. you want it to be able to hold together.
    - put in oven 150 C for 20 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.