We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…425426428430431…1193

Comments

  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    Tigs,

    Andrew is just adorable. Snap on the bumbo, the red one is what we have. I think i use it more now with LO so i can sit on the floor with her whilst she eats, although she does love throwing herself back when she's had enough (before any bad mummy thoughts, i dont let her go back :D)
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    I've put him in scratch mitts to try and keep his hands warmer, but he keeps throwing the right hand one off - anybody reckon this is an indication of right-handedness? I'm a rightie, Marley's a leftie, so we're interested to see which hand Andrew favours.

    Could be Tigs. Ive been putting socks on Isla's hands as she has the mitts off in seconds, socks stay on longer but look funny :rotfl:
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Aw Tigs he looks so wise :)
    Love the cardigan too, although I always get a bit sad because my grandmother knitted loads of stuff for my hypothetical future children but then when I showed no signs of getting pregnant she pillaged the supply for other babies and then was too ill and frail to replace them once I did get pregnant.

    Also, this might be a bit of a tearjerker for all us expat mummies. It's a bit late for Christmas, but the sentiment is there :)
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    fergie's thighs are so fat that when he's in the bumbo they wedge in so securely, that we can then stand him up holding hands, and the bumbo stays well and trully fixed onto his rump :)

    Tigs, will be interested to hear how you find win7 :)

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • karen1907
    karen1907 Posts: 486 Forumite
    can someone give me a flapjack recipe?

    I'll continue BFing at the mo and hope at the moment it is a growth spurt altho her last weigh in on Wed she had put on 9oz in 3 week which is lower than it should be.

    3 enjoy your pint have one for me :)

    SM my fingers are crossed for you OH
    Tegan Lily arrived 4 November 2009 (3 days late)

    Floyd Peter arrived 9th July 2011 (1 day early) :D
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Aw 3 - I wanna pint too!!


    Would it be wrong of me to stop in at the pub in the CM's village and have a quick scoop before I go and pick the baby up??

    Yey - you can be classy like me and turn up at the childminders stinking of booze. :rotfl::rotfl:

    If I have more than one pint, I may come back on later and ramble shoite and tell you all I love you. :D
    :beer:
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    3onitsway wrote: »
    My third I fed exclusively for 8 months before introducing a bottle in prep. for back to work. There was none of the nipple confusion we here so much about :rolleyes:

    Probably paranoia, but thought I'd fight my corner incase that was aimed at me! Nipple confusion isn't common, but does happen, and is more likely in younger babies. Bottle preference is different, and more common. Plenty of babies don't suffer from either, but some do. My LO is one who does - I only have to put an artifical teat of any sort (sippy cup, dummy or bottle) and his latch changes and I have a painful time letting him relearn how to latch on properly.

    Karen - if you are worried about bottle preference, stick to the lowest flow teats possible, don't give more than 4oz at a time, and wind the baby between each ounce. It might not be a problem, but those are ways to minimize them.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Aw Tigs, looks how much he has came on since he was born. Love the expression hes got on too!
  • Oh, Andrew is a cutie :) He does look a titch in his bumbo though, bless him. He will grow into it before you know it.

    Karen - not much useful to add, other than reassurance that it does get easier! Izzy is a year next week, and still loving BF. It is very draining in the first few months though. As the others have said, don't forget to eat. Could you maybe get DH to make you a packed lunch the night before? The other thing is that it really does make a difference if you can get out every day for some fresh air - it helps break the day up a bit, and a bit of (gentle) exercise does wonders for your mood. I really notice on the days I don't go out I get a bit frustrated with Izzy at times, but when we get out and about I am much more laid back! Maybe you could walk to the shop before lunch and get a ready meal once in a while? Not perfect nutrion but better than nothing!

    Oh, and have you tried feeding lying down in your bed of an afternoon so you can both have a nap together?

    Wow, that's quite a lot of suggestions for someone who didn't have any. You do what works for you anyway :)
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    karen1907 wrote: »
    can someone give me a flapjack recipe?

    I'll continue BFing at the mo and hope at the moment it is a growth spurt altho her last weigh in on Wed she had put on 9oz in 3 week which is lower than it should be.

    3 enjoy your pint have one for me :)

    SM my fingers are crossed for you OH

    Can't help with the recipe, I bought Tesco Flapjacks. They do a pack of five and each finger is individually wrapped. I kept a stash by the sofa.

    A few questions - are you using a feeding cushion? Do you have a laptop or netbook nearby?

    Have you tried Breast Compressions?
    http://www.kellymom.com/newman/15breast_compression.html

    It can be really hard when you are stuck feeding all day long. Does it hurt when you feed at all? Are you using nipple shields? When do you change sides?
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.