We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…421422424426427…1193

Comments

  • BrunoM wrote: »
    Well there is a degree of OH-needing-cheering-up going on, if not marital tension per se! :rolleyes: But obviously in the long run Elijah having dual citizenship and passports has the potential to be handy!



    :eek: A WHOLE chop?? :eek: :cool: How does it stay balanced?

    You made me snort :rotfl::rotfl:


    I did see that OH is finding things tough but everyone else got there before me and I didn't have anything constructive to add. FWIW I think that Elijah going to some kind of nursery/daycare for a couple of mornings or afternoons (if that is when it is tougher for OH) a week would be of great benefit to all of you. Elijah would love making some little friends and will come on in leaps and bounds, OH would have a little her time to spoil herself and you would feel that the weight has been lifted for a little while.
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    BrunoM wrote: »
    Sadly not - so it is probably not fairly straightforward! :(



    Well there is a degree of OH-needing-cheering-up going on, if not marital tension per se! :rolleyes: But obviously in the long run Elijah having dual citizenship and passports has the potential to be handy!



    :eek: A WHOLE chop?? :eek: :cool: How does it stay balanced?

    oops, forgot the 'M' :rotfl:so i mean CHOMP :D

    dual citizenship ... should look into this for us
  • Millie's_Mum
    Millie's_Mum Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    angelfairy wrote: »
    MFD - i'd take the wholemeal rolls, hummus and mustard off your hands but you can keep the rest :D

    I quite fancy the fruit polos.
    MFW Start Sep 07 £79484, Now £58774
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    angelfairy wrote: »
    for those with older children (capable of reaching for the book and wanting to put it in their mouths :D) how do you go about reading to them? i know if i tried this LO would be diving for the book and trying to eat it with no interest in what i am reading to her

    Let them chew that book and I read them a better one (one that I enjoy rather than a children's one) then once they start showing interest in pictures I will read them children's books.
    jillie1974 wrote: »

    Chewing it I see, I would expect no less! :rotfl:
  • You made me snort :rotfl::rotfl:


    I did see that OH is finding things tough but everyone else got there before me and I didn't have anything constructive to add. FWIW I think that Elijah going to some kind of nursery/daycare for a couple of mornings or afternoons (if that is when it is tougher for OH) a week would be of great benefit to all of you. Elijah would love making some little friends and will come on in leaps and bounds, OH would have a little her time to spoil herself and you would feel that the weight has been lifted for a little while.

    I was going to say something similar - I know you didn't want him starting till he is 2, but I think if you find the right nursery he will love it! Izzy has a brilliant time at nursery, and is always really absorbed with what she is doing when we pick her up - last time I got her (normally it is DH) she didn't notice I was there for a good few minutes. They keep a diary of what she has been up to (food and sleep, but also what she has been playing with) which makes it easier for me. And she does loads of messy play there, which is fab, as it means I don't bother with that kind of thing at home, I leave nursery to do the messy stuff and save my carpets :o.
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=117503&id=586832681&saved#/photo.php?pid=3167215&id=586832681&fbid=241849212681

    Ambers new trick, biting the spoon and grabbing your hand so she can hold the spoon in her mouth.
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Feelie, Toby is looking great btw, I do love that colour with him, you always dress him nice and bright and he's like a little raw of sunshine :D

    There is more that I read but I've forgotten about, bit of a hectic day, nothing has been done but I've been running about like a nutter?

    My zebra print footmuff arrived though, looks good with the twister, the loola hasn't been shipped yet because she's snowed in. The loola would be useless right not anyway because it wouldnt get trhough teh snow. Oh and Amber outgrew the carrycot so as of today, she is in a pushchair. :D DS2 has a stinky bum brb...
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I was going to say something similar - I know you didn't want him starting till he is 2, but I think if you find the right nursery he will love it! Izzy has a brilliant time at nursery, and is always really absorbed with what she is doing when we pick her up - last time I got her (normally it is DH) she didn't notice I was there for a good few minutes. They keep a diary of what she has been up to (food and sleep, but also what she has been playing with) which makes it easier for me. And she does loads of messy play there, which is fab, as it means I don't bother with that kind of thing at home, I leave nursery to do the messy stuff and save my carpets :o.

    I agree, Henry has been at nursery since he was 6 months old as I had to go back to work and he loves it. They do loads and it has made weaning,potty training (to come) a load easier... he goes 3 days a week and it was the best thing we ever did.
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Let them chew that book and I read them a better one (one that I enjoy rather than a children's one) then once they start showing interest in pictures I will read them children's books.



    Chewing it I see, I would expect no less! :rotfl:


    typical :D the day his passport turns up is the day he really starts putting things in his mouth :D :rotfl:
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Hello all,

    only had chance to skim the last few pages as we had an awful night with Isla, Im sooo sleepy today.

    BM - hope Keira feels better today. As the others say Id take her to the Dr's if your worried.

    MM - hope your not too sore from your fall.

    SS - Bermuda! V jealous And the Paul Frank stuffs so cute, I keep eyeing up the changing bag and blanket in TK Maxx.

    Maz - love the pics of your boys in the snow.

    MFD - we have the Ed Hardy dummies!!! (not really, lol)

    AF - you've just reminded me to do my trust fund, thank you!

    Fitz - hope Hollys back to being her usual happy self today.

    Hammy - Eeek! Hope the boilers fixed soon.

    Elle - my boss took delight in telling me their electric bills would be cheaper this winter without me there as I always had the heating on full and an extra heater under my desk.

    Feelie - Toby looks so cosy, and what a cutie. ( a stokke was my dream pram but OH said no way)

    Chopsticks - glad it wasnt anything more sinister with your dad, hope he's better soon.

    Jillie - love the pic of Kian.

    Tia - I cant see your pic but Im sure she's gorgeous!

    Phew, hello to everyone else :D Haven't purposely missed anyone but feeding Isla at the same time so one handed. Yesterdays happy girl has reverted to being the grinch again. I may have to put her in the sling in order to get a drink!
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.