We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…342343345347348…1193

Comments

  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 5:45PM
    Thanks Krystal, I went to booby group when she was 2 weeks old and they said her latch and positioning seemed good. Im still having to use nipple shields for most of the feed, I get her to latch without them and she'll feed for maybe 15 mins then really fusses until I put it back on and continues to feed fine. I definately notice my boobs feeling fuller before and empty after so I know somethings going in and we get plenty of wet/dirty nappies. (We started on the washables at weekend too and she soaks through them at a rate of knots!)

    We havent had a feed of less than an hour since she was born so I think she does just like to take her time, (laid back like her dad!) I'll ring the helpline today as Im really close to going and getting formula to top her up, its only the fact that I cant physically get to asda because of the snow that I havent given in yet and my own feelings of guilt even though I know Im being daft.

    SS - I'll get the wii fit out and try that. Thanks for the suggestion, Reading back I saw about Molly grabbing boob while she's feeding and someone suggested beads, on ebay their are some lovely 'feeding necklaces' :D *Doh, knew feeding wasnt the right word! Thanks Feelie, I meant nursing necklace*
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Aww is she ok, how come she is feeling clingy?

    I don't think I even buy for that many...I have already started to get Kai's birthday pressies though. Won't be getting him too much but I really want this rocker for him and then a few little toys off ebay max £25 on top of the rocker! I am trying to pick toys that are slightly older as he won't really get anything else till his birthday and he will be nearly 2 then.
    *whispers* what about xmas?? :o
    In all seriousness, I am trying to do the same. Can you believe our little men are nearly a year old??
    Emlou - what is the table thing in your avvy? Love the stripy top too, stripes are ace! Sorry for not following, is Seth in his own room now/tonight?
    WOAH, worlds biggest post alert ;)
    Its this one, he loves it but it could be a little heavier, he can only use it pushed against the wall cos its so light it moves across the floor otherwise!!
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Lol Feelie, wow!!! You mentioned everyone in there :D Just wow :rotfl:

    I have a question for any of you clever people btw.

    I mentioned last night that Amber has taken to being wide awake til 3am, even though in the day/evening she'll feed/sleep/feed/sleep for a long time. Is she too young to try and get her into a routine? I have no idea how to start though. I know it won't last forever cos she's so tiny, but i need to be up for DS school and i think it will start taking its toll if it carries on for a while.

    Once 3am-ish comes she'll sleep, and sometimes wake at 5am for feeding. But then my alarm goes off at 7 i have to wake her for some milk, so she doesn't need any on the school run. But then she'll sleep longer, would be even longer if i didn't disturb her to get out of the car seat when i get home.

    Oops rambling, so how do you begin a routine? I never bothered with DS i just went with the flow cos i could.
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    harley1 wrote: »
    Weezl - Wasn't there something to do with a gym ball that might help Kester (love it btw) turn round. Kezia turned before I needed to worry about it and hopefully kester will to but just in case it might be worth looking into. Though I could be talking out of my lower half, it's only a vague recollection.
    Ooh, I meant to say something similar - when I was PG Seth was laying sideways instead of head down all the way up until 36 weeks _pale_ he definitely wasnt going to come out that way, so my MW suggested I got down on all fours for 30 minutes a day to try and encourage him down? It worked, he moved his head down, but he was back to back which resulted in a rather long pushing period, still better than a c-section (for me) though :)
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    csh wrote: »
    Just being nosey Tigs, but would you mind reporting back on the weaning thing if you find anything out?
    The whole weaning debate age verus weight and stuff interests me and I'd be interested in how premmie babies differ for weaning.
    Feel free to ignore if you are uncomforable with this :A

    Would be happy to report back. Bliss (premmie charity) guidelines say you should still wean between 5 & 7 months actual age, it's about the only thing that happens based on actual rather than corrected age! Andrew is 4.5m just now. I'm wondering whether it would help his weight gain, as I can't persuade him to take more milk just now - in fact he's getting less than he should as he sleeps through the night feeds, but it's like his appetite won't cope with larger milk bottles!
    Tigs - I don't really understand the appointments and hierachy and things, but sounds good that it is a nice Lady Doctor, will you see her longterm then?

    It's good that there's some continuity between his neonatal care & paediatrics, so I'm pleased it's her (and we get on really well). Hopefully she'll keep him until he's two years old, by which time we'll know whether he's got any serious developmental issues.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

    MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

    :) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Ahh, Scruffy. That's the East for you! You were much better off in the West. We are more hardy and can cope with the weather!

    Feelie - neither myself nor DH are religious and we didn't want a big wedding. We wanted to be married for the commitment and before starting a family so initially were going to have it done by a Registrar. However, it was cheaper to get married on a Sunday in the posh hotel we picked but Registrars don't work a Sunday in my locale so we opted for a Humanist. I am glad we did as it was definitely more meaningful and personal than a Registrar. We could have written our own vows and designed the ceremony how we liked, but as we are not really into doing anything fancy, we kept it quite simple. That's the beauty of it though - you can have it exactly as you want. The only thing you can't do is bring religion into it, so we had a poem as a reading, but you couldn't have anything religious.

    Emlou - my comments are not aimed at anyone in particular and definitely not at you! I have always found you friendly and welcoming and have missed you posting as much since you returned to work. I do know what you mean about skimming etc. Off to feed Holly now!

    Also, Carla, Elle, 3, MFD and anyone else I have missed - all of your avvies are lovely. I like seeing the pics of your LOs. I did do a general "loving all the pictures" the other day which was intended to cover most of you! ha ha.
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    ok off now to give kian his tea (bottle at 5) and dh due home then
    should be on later!!

    thanks for today everyone and i hope i chatted to everyone
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Aww is she ok, how come she is feeling clingy?

    I don't think I even buy for that many...I have already started to get Kai's birthday pressies though. Won't be getting him too much but I really want this rocker for him and then a few little toys off ebay max £25 on top of the rocker! I am trying to pick toys that are slightly older as he won't really get anything else till his birthday and he will be nearly 2 then.

    i think shes feeling put out with jayden shes been like it for a couple of days that why i said when he falls asleep we can have a nice cuddle shes a very cuddly child ..

    3 of the 12 are philip and the kids though :) .. once ive finished my maths tonight i should know where i stand and where i can start getting presents ..

    feelie heads getting better but i doubt it will later .. why does budgetting take so long :( ..

    ive done my ins and outs now just gotta add it up and see what im left with .. nowt probably :rotfl:x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    emlou2009 wrote: »
    Ooh, I meant to say something similar - when I was PG Seth was laying sideways instead of head down all the way up until 36 weeks _pale_ he definitely wasnt going to come out that way, so my MW suggested I got down on all fours for 30 minutes a day to try and encourage him down? It worked, he moved his head down, but he was back to back which resulted in a rather long pushing period, still better than a c-section (for me) though :)

    thanks Harley :) and Em :)

    I'll try both of those.

    I also read about cephalic version being achieved by you lying on your back shining a torch up your, ahem 'foof' and with a bag of frozen peas placed just under your bust! (Babies like to look at the light and don't like cold heads is the theory here.

    Reluctant to try this, but DH has volunteered to be torch shiner. He's a funny one my DH.
    :o

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Fitzio wrote: »
    Ahh, Scruffy. That's the East for you! You were much better off in the West. We are more hardy and can cope with the weather!

    Oi!!! Watch it ;)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.