We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…341342344346347…1193

Comments

  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    carlamagee wrote: »
    i found it jillie....its here
    check me out elle -- notice my ebtter searching skills!!! :)

    carla you are a star!!

    will get hubby and me to sort all the CDs tomorrow and get this started. even if we get £1 a cd we'd prob get around £50!!
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    ooh someone is awake playing with their piano toy :D
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    right im having a break for dinner .. no rest then really but at least jaydens fed ours is in the oven .. zoes just burst in to tears as shes been really clingy today so i said when i put jayden to bed we'd have a nice cuddle on the sofa watching cartoons but it wasnt enough so daddy sent her to her room to calm down and i had a talk with her ..

    mel i dont mind swapping ideas i only buy for 12 ish people so i dont know of how much i can help but i'll try :) ..

    and on the christening .. we wont be getting the kids christen as we dont believe in any of it but if the kids grow up and decided they want it then id like them to chose :) x


    Aww is she ok, how come she is feeling clingy?

    I don't think I even buy for that many...I have already started to get Kai's birthday pressies though. Won't be getting him too much but I really want this rocker for him and then a few little toys off ebay max £25 on top of the rocker! I am trying to pick toys that are slightly older as he won't really get anything else till his birthday and he will be nearly 2 then.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Would it be silly to share lists, well tbh I haven't finished my list but maybe I could find inspiration in what you and 3 are getting for people...maybe we could put who they are, male/female, age and budget as well as what we are think of for them.....I bet you could save me a load of cash;)

    Can I play too please?
    Can I just ask the other BF ladies approx how long feeds are lasting please? Isla takes 1-1.5 hours every feed, always both breasts and still doesnt seem satisfied. As many times as I try to latch her back on she'll just keep taking it and wont settle if I stop. She's still a dinky thing (getting her weighed tomorrow so not sure what weight she is at the min) so Im worried she isnt getting enough and is hungry all the time :confused:

    Boo, Molly's feeds are 15-20 minutes, but she's older and has a latch that is expertly honed and could probably get milk out of the Venus de Milo :rolleyes:

    What you could try is taking her clothes and nappy off and hop on the scales with her, nappy back on and feed wrapped in a blanket, and when she's done whip the nappy off and weigh again - or hang the sling briefly from a suitcase weighing thing. It'll only work if your scale shows smallish increments but it should give you an idea how much she's taking.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • scruffy96uk
    scruffy96uk Posts: 2,925 Forumite
    Hello
    How are you all today?

    Fitz they flippin shut McArthur Glen today due to adverse weather conditions!!!! I wanted to nip back into next damn them!!! Today is the nicest day I've seen since being away to!!!
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion
    Ellie 25/12/07
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 5:34PM
    Ekk, sorry about formatting, I'll fix it!

    Megapost coming up, sorry:

    Mel - Glad Kai is eating well, was it eating as a family that did it? Toby does eat better if he is eating the same thing as OH!

    Keely - Nice to see you, how cute that Elliot wraps his legs around you! Toby clings on while going down the stairs, and I like to pretend it is an affectionate thing, not just because he doesn't like stairs! Glad you had a nice Xmas.

    Weezl - My Bro has a silly name, so my Nan told my Mum to give him a sensible Middle Name at least. Mum went the other way and gave him an even more ridiculous name! He grew into it though! I know next baby, I'll listen more to what I want, and name him the right name. Love the name choice - I toyed with the idea of Bemjamin for LOs middle name, but for one reason or another, didn't go for it.

    Avatars/Photos - this is one thing I don't like to comment on, because I am so scared of getting it wrong. I also worry about getting peoples names wrong, so I sometimes don't post because I'm convinced I'm misremembering the babies name! With photos too, I feel like I'll say one is nice, but forget to mention another and upset someone!

    Christenings - if FIL (devout Catholic) wants to arrange a Christening, he can, but I don't think OH or I will ever get round to it.

    Sugar (hope I'm remembering right) - Toby pinches too. He grabs my boob or my arm and has painfully strong fingers! A nursing necklace can help, but I didn't get on with it. I'd happily send mine, but I can't get to a post office - is there any way to use normal stamps to post it to you there? Hope paint is cleared up!

    Carla - keep us posted how SW goes. That is one I've never tried - I've done everything else though! Thanks for mentioning me, it means a lot. I know my issues are quite 'intense' and out of the realm of most peoples experience, I'm just glad I've got a place to say it.

    Searching - hope head feels better soon. You drinking plenty?

    Elle - I keep meaning to get my Nursery Rhyme CD out. I mainly sing made up songs to LO, all to the tune of Frère Jacques. Glad there is no more pink milk. Thank you for the link, I'll have a read. Well done on sitting up Rhys! I found LO was so much happier when he could sit up, they can do a lot more for themselves then. Wanted to give ((hugs)) about the Christening thing too, I can't begin to understand what you (and others) have been through, and find it very interesting and humbling when you give glimpse into the emotional side of things like that.

    MFD - I stand LO on my lap and make him do the Agadoo actions.

    Aless - out of interest, how do you feel about people baptising for the sake of Grandparents? I can see the issue with a christening for a party, but I'd possibly do it for Parents-in-law benefit, as they would love it. Just wondered what people thought of that - someone I mentioned it to thought it was a bad idea. Thank you for mentioning me x

    Buttons - I don't often reply to what you say, but I always read and find your posts amusing and entertaining. I like to hear about your naughty Cats. NCT is National Childbirth Trust (I went to thier antenatel classes as I couldn't go to the NHS ones. Usually about £140 or so, but if you are on certain benefits you get a reduced price.) Thanks for telling me about Keira's cheeks - Tobys hang down so far on some of his pictures! He looks more like a toddler now, and less like a baby.

    Tigs - I don't really understand the appointments and hierachy and things, but sounds good that it is a nice Lady Doctor, will you see her longterm then?

    Gisi - thanks for mentioning high calories foods, it feels wrong to try and fatten him up when I've always thought I'd have to try and healthily encourage him to eat less, but I bet he needs more energy/fats.

    CHS - love the picture. Reminds me that I need to do a few more silly ones of Toby.

    Tia - Yay for money plan! Having a clear out always helps. How are you doing these days? Feels like its been ages.

    Jillie - no bins here this week either, and my kitchen is full of cardboard boxes! Sorry you are missing home. Being away from family never really bothered me until I got pregnant, but it does now.

    Fitzio - thank you for your lovely comment. Can I ask what your Humanist ceremony was like? I was quite interested in that, and a wedding in a Stately Home or similar, but ended up with a Church Wedding (for OH, his parents and for financial reasons).

    SB - Always nice to see you popping in :)

    MM - I don't think I've ever really asked much about your LO, or mentioned his appointments or progress. It isn't out of a lack of caring, I just feel I am at risk of saying something wrong, or upsetting you! It probably sounds silly I know! I always read and love to hear about his progress.

    MOTM - I keep meaning to ask, was it 6th Decemeber that you first met your Lady Friend?

    Chopsicks - I want to say something, but I don't know what. Please insert thoughtful/humourous/entertaining sentence here!

    Emlou - what is the table thing in your avvy? Love the stripy top too, stripes are ace! Sorry for not following, is Seth in his own room now/tonight?

    Boogeleyboo - Hello, don't think we've met? LO used to feed for ages and ages, but has settled down a bit now. For quite a while, he'd latch on whenever I offered and just feed and feed and feed. Then one day he latched off himself and had decided he'd had plenty! He doesn't eat to exploding anymore. You are definitely doing the right thing, sometimes they are just really hungry. Is she giving plenty of wet nappies? I'll leave the rest to Krystal :)

    Maz, millie's Mum, Tara, Krystal, Ladybird, Working Mum, Becles, DKAM, Sami, Scruffy, 3AF, NMS, Sparkle (I miss you!), Mrs Moc, Harley, Beenie, Mooki, Claire, Lu T, wi3adora, PinkPig, Fattybooboo, Emz, TSS, Three2be, MDW, Hammy, Tink, Rmac, Glam (where are you?), LCK73, Elasti, Workinmummy, Jakesmummy, Bear Family, Various Pregnancy Club Lurkers, MrsTine (are you spying?), Pink Princess, Fritha (where are you too?), bailey, JHA, Fairydawn (kisses) and others - Hello!
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • aless02 wrote: »
    LOL, I've not re-learned any baby songs yet, so today Finn was enjoying the 12 Days of Christmas! :rotfl:

    Krystal - ta for that! I didn't know eBay disallowed used ones! How silly. I've seen that site before but forgotten all about it. You got yourself a real bargain - I want to grab some whenever we've got spare cash (haha, never). Using terries for now, which is fine (only on Day 2!) but eventually I know I'll get sick of their fiddly-ness.

    Our favourite today is Row, row, row the boat, with actions! We are also fans of Twinkle, twinkle! I think I need to expand the repertoire too.
    Hi everyone,

    Just reading back while Isla finally sleeps, albeit in the sling as nothing else seems to calm her at the minute. Ive only managed to go back a couple of pages though :o

    On the subject of christenings I dont think we're having Isla christened. OH is but Im not, my parents always said it could be my decision and they didnt want to force any religion onto me whereas OH's dad is an ordained minister and they've mentioned we ned to start thinking about Isla's soon. Personally I would be happy with a naming ceremony just to recognise she's here sort of thing. Our wedding is most likely to be a humaninst service too as we're looking to get married in France so it isnt a religous affair anyway.

    Can I just ask the other BF ladies approx how long feeds are lasting please? Isla takes 1-1.5 hours every feed, always both breasts and still doesnt seem satisfied. As many times as I try to latch her back on she'll just keep taking it and wont settle if I stop. She's still a dinky thing (getting her weighed tomorrow so not sure what weight she is at the min) so Im worried she isnt getting enough and is hungry all the time :confused: The past 5 days she's cried constantly inbetween feeds and sleeping, there's no time where she's awake and just 'being' if that makes any sense?

    Sorry to have not posted for ages then come on with a big whinge, Im just so confused if Im doing the right thing with the BF and our booby groups been shut for 2 weeks and wont be open tomorrow because of snow :o

    I'm afraid I can't help on the BF question as Henry only feeds for 15-20 minutes, but I'm sure someone can help! Just wanted to say hello to my birth date buddy :D.

    On the Christening debate I think you have to do what feels right for you and your family. Neither of us are religious or go to church, OH was Christened but I wasn't and we got married in a registry office. It would feel totally wrong to me to have Henry (or any future children) Christened. If either of our families were religious and felt strongly about it then I might feel differently. I am a God parent though, which is a but hypocritical I know, but I am comfortable with it as I know I will do my best for my God-daughter and know enough about Christianity to give her any guidance she might need, if that makes any sense :confused:.

    Stamps feet...my Body Shop order is not here. We have snow, but not that much. I can only assume it has got stuck somewhere up country where there is more snow.

    Speaking of snow, my Mum has to stay at work tonight :eek:. Well, she has to stay in a Travelodge near work which is nearly as bad and can't go home. She is a newspaper features editor and they are worried if all the staff go home and can't get back then the paper won't be able to go out. I hope she's got some spare pants with her :rotfl:.

    Weezl- I love the name Benjamin Kester Jacob and I think you are wonderfully sensible and forward thinking to give your boys names which give them the option to be more traditional if they choose. The thing with names is that you cannot predict the personality of your children- for example I know my brother wouldn't have the confidence to have an 'unusual' name, if that makes sense (fortunately he doesn't).
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    Emlou - nice new picture of Seth (although I like the one in his trapper hat best!)

    I agree with MFD and as I said, if the moment has passed, or plenty of other people have commented, then I wouldn't bother. But I do notice that sometimes people who are actively online just ignore me when I say hello (or that sort of thing/you get the picture/no specific instances). I don't expect people to go back and say hello if they come on hours later, but it would be nice if those having a conversation at the time, acknowledged you are there.

    So yes, it's just an internet forum, but it's generally a friendly thread and I would not like to upset anyone. Let's all play nice. xxx
    So do I, but this is one of the most recent where he isnt wearing a Santa suit ;) Thank you xx

    Thats probably me :o sometimes I'm skimming cos I'm watching TV, Seth's awake or OH is about, or generally I'm being involved with something else, but sometimes I'll be really up for chatting, I also have a really bad memory so forget to comment on some things :o I dont meant to be rude or ignore people, I am just very very forgetful! Sometimes I'll remember something when I'm not here and be thinking about it all day, but forget to post when I'm actually sat here!
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • harley1
    harley1 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Argh, just spent ages and lost my post.:mad:
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Harley, will get to the post office tomorrow when kids back at school (I hope).

    .

    No hurry at all hun. Been thinking of you each time I see how bad the snow is up there. Arrived here this morning as evidenced by my rubbish attempt at a snowman on FB. No laughing please:o
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    afternoon all!
    talking bout missing posts...i feel a bit invisible here sometimes
    think as Kian is doing so well, we have no concerns with him, no real questions (though i'm sure as we get near weaning i will) i feel a bit of a fraud posting. i thought i would really miss posting and reading over christmas/new year and i didnt really. maybe that in itself is telling me something.

    sorry to feel a bit out of sorts

    Had a whole load typed out in response to you and now its gone.:mad::mad: (really miffed faces)
    I try to thank all your useful or informative posts and I find it a real bonus hearing about Kian and knowing that what he is doing now will be what Kezia will be doing in a couple of weeks or so. I takes me so long to catch up (even when skimming) that what I want to say is no longer appropriate by the time I get round to saying it so I often just shut up.

    Anyway, please don't feel ignored, know that I am reading and appreciating even if I don't always have the time or opportunity to say so.

    I often can only post first thing in the morning whilst waiting for Kezia to wake up and often feel that things I say are missed. But generally it's only rabbiting and nothing that is of any help to anyone. I also posted a pic of Kezia and I a couple of days ago, it only got a couple of comments but I really appreciated them and in return have thanked everone who has posted pics since, they are all lovely but by the time I get round to seeing them they were 15 pages ago.
    carlamagee wrote: »
    i forgot i had quoted this....bit in bold made me giggle out loud!!


    facebook is being a willyhead and says that they cannot upload my pictures at this moment, please try in a few minutes....so i have been for about 2 hours now!!!! Ggrrrr :mad:
    Carla, this happened to me when I was trying to post the K and me pic, I had to log out and log in again. Hope this helps you a bit as I spent ages trying and failing to upload and ended up getting quite narky about the whole thing.

    Weezl - Wasn't there something to do with a gym ball that might help Kester (love it btw) turn round. Kezia turned before I needed to worry about it and hopefully kester will to but just in case it might be worth looking into. Though I could be talking out of my lower half, it's only a vague recollection.

    God, mammoth post. Off back to see how many pages behind I am now.

    xxxxx
    Cross Stitch Challenge member 11 - May challenge well under way

    Very proud mummy to Gorgeous baby girl - 29/09/09 :j

    Thanks to all who directed me to Quidco - £289.30 since Nov 09 :beer:
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 5:41PM
    and breathe feelie!!

    what a fab post!! were you taking notes as you went along?

    uh oh... there is some great faces being pulled along with some grunts and groans. no its not DH its Kian!! lol!!!!
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.