We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…340341343345346…1193

Comments

  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    chopsticks wrote: »
    .. Where's RMAC and Becles? I haven't seen them for a while. Glam has disappeared again too!

    Rmac was on FB earlier.. busy busy I think and now going stir crazy being housebound because of the snow. She did say she'd try to catch up with us soon though :) Might go give her a nudge.. ;)

    I saw Becles post somewhere else (employment board, maybe?) the other day.. meant to send her a msg too...

    ... In a "we miss you" kind of fashion, not a stalking one, obviously ;)
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    aless02 wrote: »
    LOL, I've not re-learned any baby songs yet, so today Finn was enjoying the 12 Days of Christmas! :rotfl:

    Krystal - ta for that! I didn't know eBay disallowed used ones! How silly. I've seen that site before but forgotten all about it. You got yourself a real bargain - I want to grab some whenever we've got spare cash (haha, never). Using terries for now, which is fine (only on Day 2!) but eventually I know I'll get sick of their fiddly-ness.


    wheels on the bus...
    hokey cokey
    frere jacque
    twinkle twinkle
    and a very unpolitically correct baa baa black sheep
    there are more
    i bought a dvd for £1 before christmas so i need to paly it so i can learn. but a few more are coming back
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • carlamagee
    carlamagee Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    I've just listed a CD and you can't charge any postage! it has to be free so bump up your starting price a bit
    Right - I just want to tell you how I read the thread...

    i do exactly the sasme as you, i couldnt have put it better !! :T
    also - i meant to say ealrier n it completely got lost in my brain.....who is tryig to ebay cds?
    i ws thinking of doing it a while ago (ok, before christmas) and some lovely lady on here give me an alternative website to use that gave you more money i think than ebay....but typical of me, i have NO clue what site it is, and also I never got around to doing it myself, so Im not sure how good it is etc! :cool: so that was probably not useful at all..
    Carla-Farla!! :)

    Mummy to Katie (27.11.07) and Christopher (05.08.09) ♥♥♥
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    its me carla!!

    ooh if you post the details again i would love it!!
    not carla cos she forgot too
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    There's Amazon for selling CDs too..
  • carlamagee
    carlamagee Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    i found it jillie....its here
    check me out elle -- notice my ebtter searching skills!!! :)
    Carla-Farla!! :)

    Mummy to Katie (27.11.07) and Christopher (05.08.09) ♥♥♥
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Having had my big sort out today I may as well continue! Do any fairies need any 6-9 stuff? These fairies can definitely oblige if so :)
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Boo, how is your positioning? Is it comfortable when she's feeding? Do you feel your breasts getting fuller / emptier? Has anybody looked at a feed? (midwife / health visitor)

    If the first two answers are no, It could be that she's not latched on as well as she could be and then it's taking her longer to empty the breast, give the ladies in my signature a call and they're really good at helping with positioning over the phone...

    Or it could be that she just takes longer to feed... Sometimes, especially during a growth spurt, one feed can merge with another and it feels like all you ever do is feed... If it is comfortable to feed and you feel that she's definitely emptying your breasts then just hang with it until you can get someone to have a look...

    Incidentally... Until Caitlyn was about 12-14 weeks old we called her miserable baby... She used to be exactly like Isla... If she wasn't sleeping or feeding she was crying... But as she got a bit bigger and started to interact with her environment, she got a lot better at just 'being' :)
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Another power nap here before bottle number 3!

    Csh - Holly went into her pushchair last week too. And I make up 8oz bottles with hot water. We have a lot in common ha ha. Although I am getting competitive and pushing H hard to lift her head better after seeing Kieren's picture the other day. I reminded her that she is older than him! She just doesn't like it much, but is getting there. I don't think we do enough tummy time but she isn't keen and I feel guilty because it's a bit drafty on the floor.

    Jillie - We do all of those nursery rhymes, but the favourites are Old MacDonald and Incy Wincy Spider. And Pop Goes the Weasel (which always makes me think of Weezl)!

    Weezl - whilst in my head, I love the music from Les Mis, but haven't seen it yet. I love musicals and have seen loads so will get round to it eventually. DH has seen it so it's never top of our list when we are going to the theatre. Also, Fergus wouldn't be so unusual in Scotland probably! It's not common, but it wouldn't be laughed it.

    Emlou - nice new picture of Seth (although I like the one in his trapper hat best!)

    I agree with MFD and as I said, if the moment has passed, or plenty of other people have commented, then I wouldn't bother. But I do notice that sometimes people who are actively online just ignore me when I say hello (or that sort of thing/you get the picture/no specific instances). I don't expect people to go back and say hello if they come on hours later, but it would be nice if those having a conversation at the time, acknowledged you are there.

    So yes, it's just an internet forum, but it's generally a friendly thread and I would not like to upset anyone. Let's all play nice. xxx
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    None of mine have been/will be christened.
    I'm a nice catholic girl :rolleyes:, but OH (and ex oh) aren't.
    My nan mentions it now and again, not sure why as she's not religious either! A lot of people said I should get them 'done' just to get them into the better catholic schools - but I personally think thats wrong. And the non catholic school up here is brilliant anyway (but still goes on about god and thanks him for lunch and stuff, which I didn't think a non-church school would do?) :confused:

    CSH Thats much better now I can see it! So cute!

    Feelie I miss you not being around so much! :sad:
    Which reminds me, 3 - is that V's new smile? Very, um, smiley :D

    No, thats the face of a baby who's just tasted a mexican chilli crisp - but is very similar to her new smile!
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Would it be silly to share lists, well tbh I haven't finished my list but maybe I could find inspiration in what you and 3 are getting for people...

    Hmm - my list isn't really much of a list yet. :o It's more of a box with bodyshop and boots stuff in. (Packed very well with the fun crinkly paper).


    I usually pop on during the day and catch up, thanking to remember where i'm up to, while V has her very short naps! By the time i've caught up, she needs some attention, so I don't post a reply. By the time I get back, everything i'd read earlier is old news so it seems silly to comment iykwim! And the cycle starts again!

    Now I have to go and rescue big DD from little DD who's pulling her hair and eating her face. :rolleyes:
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.