We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…337338340342343…1193

Comments

  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    weezlie .. i know you've had a lot on so thats ok .. as for costco i dont know any member plus without a car theres no way i could get there :( ..


    Awwww :( sorry, bad idea. I wish I could let you in with my members card!:o;)

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    weezl, you are the fount of all research, so you've probably heard of http://www.spinningbabies.com ? Kester still has loads of time to turn, but it's really good with exercises & things you can do to help him.

    well my 2 eBay thingees are listed! LOL, not exactly a world accomplishment but at least did something. was just about to say don't have anything to do now, but I just remembered the laundry sitting in the washer, oops.

    not sure on the christening front. DH & I are religious, but not CofE (well he was born it, but we go to non-denom church now) so christening's not really something they do as such. I was baptised as a baby, but our current church doesn't do that either...:confused: don't see much point in ceremony, as he'll be brought up knowing our beliefs no matter what, IYSWIM. We discussed this on the preg thread a few months and PERSONALLY (pls don't take offense) it's a pet peeve when people christen/baptise just for the sake of it without being religious.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • money_maker_3
    money_maker_3 Posts: 9,591 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    weezl74 wrote: »



    I am very sorry though if there's anything me or anyone has done that makes that feeling be there. If there is, I'd so much rather someone said than felt hurt quietly (are you listening mm? ;)

    yes miss :o
    csh wrote: »
    Maybe, I did say I wasn't rational lol

    Do you realise that when you are not looking DSS is trying to do away with your LO at the left of the page?!?

    To save you straining

    2vnmn87.jpg

    That is adoreabubble :D You have to get that one framed !!

    MFD, Jas got christened because its what you do, but after growing up a bit, and not doing as mummy et all tell me, Dylan wont be. Its far too confusing over here with me & Chris being a mixed relationship anyway :rolleyes:
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • money_maker_3
    money_maker_3 Posts: 9,591 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    keelykat wrote: »
    Hello, a late happy new year :) how is everyone doing?

    keely.

    hi stranger :D
    How are you?
    The two best things I have done with my life
    :TDD 5/11/02 :j DS 17/6/09 :T
    STOPTOBER CHALLANGE ... here we go !!
  • Elle - Benjamin does the nail thing too - my leather sofa and gorgeous wooden bed are scratched to b00gery!!
    MFD, I resisting mentioning a christening here as I think it could cause problems. I was christened CofE many years ago, but am rather an agnostic these days (I really enjoyed Richard Dawkins' book!). Marley was baptised Roman Catholic. I'm not sure where that leaves us in terms of bringing up Andrew, as I think we'll have different ideas (not bother vs. baptism). One for later this year, I think!

    If hubby had a desire to have one (for any reason other than a p1ssup :rolleyes:) then I would happily go along with it. Hubby is completely athiest (whereas I still kind-of believe at least in the tradition of it and at least I like going to church!!) but he just assumed we would have one because it is the 'done thing'. I said I was easy but I didn't really see the point and now hubby 'brags' to his family that we have chosen not to get him christened :confused: They probably just think I am being [STRIKE]arkward[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]alternative[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]intellectual [/STRIKE]wierd again :D
    csh wrote: »
    I like it as an avvy cos it was obviously taken at the same time as the other pic you posted, (but felt DSS wasn't yours to display) so when I seen this photo I thought o fthe other one and how much you liked it, if that makes any sense????!!!!!

    Lots of sense - what a good memory you have. Mine is sho1te these days :o


    And I am LOLing because I am betting that I am not the only one who was squinting at your avvy wondering why you wanted to put what looks like a shelf of stuffed toys on there :D
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    been off singing 'hokey cokey' to kian...he liked it anyway lol!! not sure if the neighbours did!

    Benjamin used to love Agadoo!! Oh the days of fun we used to have!! I had to google the lyrics though ;)



    Benjamin would be honoured to have your baby named after him Weezl, he always knew he was born to be a leader :cool:
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    edited 6 January 2010 at 4:40PM
    weezl, sorry, meant to say.. love Benjamin Kester Jacob! :D

    ETA: Baby songs.. we need a new one! Current song that stops Rhys in his crying/wittering tracks is Jingle Bells! :o
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    Awwww :( sorry, bad idea. I wish I could let you in with my members card!:o;)

    awww i know you would :) :A ...

    headaches kicked in .. srry if im being rude and just talking about myself .. i am reading and keeping up .. also loving the pics :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • carlamagee
    carlamagee Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Every baby I've ever met... Caitlyn got so bad a couple of weeks ago I actually dug out some scratch mits... Don't recall when Aimee stopped... I do remember having to hold my other boob when Aimee was feeding because she was constantly trying to tune my other nipple in...

    Oooh... I think Caitlyn just discovered a whole new world the other side of the living room door lol...
    i forgot i had quoted this....bit in bold made me giggle out loud!!
    chopsticks wrote: »
    .
    facebook is being a willyhead and says that they cannot upload my pictures at this moment, please try in a few minutes....so i have been for about 2 hours now!!!! Ggrrrr :mad:
    I'm sure it wasn't you, I didn't see anything that would upset anyone, but then people can be upset my things unintended. Don't worry!

    Did I hear you say earlier that you need to lose weight? I'm sure it was you and i'm sure it was you that posted pics the other day and you didn't look like you needed to lose weight - I may have got the wrong person as I mix people up easily!

    Well, we sorted it 50% payback and 50% work. She was quite cool about it after the tears, but as Tia? said yesterday, every child/person is different, so what works for one...

    I appreciated the advice yesterday. I'm only a mere Dad who sometimes gets things wrong and sometimes needs an outside view :o especially as my little girls (who will be my little girls when they are in their 40's and beyond) are very protected by me and sometimes I may miss something.

    oh, thats a good compromise i think! :T
    I dont think I was online when you first stated it, but late last night you mentioned about being £84 lighter, and I was intrigued, so i went noseying!! :cool:

    it was me syaing about starting back to sliming world.....the pictures only showed (is that correct grammar!?) my face! not my post-baby belly! But that is very kind of you for saying so! :o I would just like to tone up and lose about a stone. currently size 16 and would like to be on the large sife of 12, small side of 14 (to start with!) :cool:
    Carla-Farla!! :)

    Mummy to Katie (27.11.07) and Christopher (05.08.09) ♥♥♥
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    em, shoulda gone to specsavers.







    Oh, my mistake, you run the place :rotfl:
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    chopsticks wrote: »
    Krystal and Em - did your Body Shop orders arrive OK? Mine arrived in a jiffy bag but the box was all crushed. I emailed them yesterday but haven't had a reply yet.
    Yep, mine came in a cardboard box with big bubble pads and brown paper, sorry :o They've gone up to £5 now!
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Hello Keely :j How are you?

    I do love that name Weezlie - and very much love Kester.

    Molly won't be christened because neither Husband nor I is a Christian and so it would be hypocritical. My father's side of the family all do it although they don't believe (presents and party) and half my mother's side are fundamentalist Christians so they all do.

    Carla I LOLled at that too :rotfl:

    Edit: Ebay seems to be working a bit faster for me now - listing my 5th item, 5 more after this one to go :j
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.