We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…335336338340341…1193

Comments

  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Hi, am back :) with slightly less blood :D and a baby that's currently breech but plenty of time to turn. Bit worried if he doesn't but will try not to dwell.

    All else fine :)

    csh, jillie and feelie, I sometimes say something I want the others to comment on and then no-one does, and I wonder why. I think we probably all think that sometimes, it's very natural, as is wondering if we 'fit in' and are noticed. FWIW, you all 3 of you are lovely, giving, resourceful ladies, and you fit in perfectly in my idea of our little community of parents.

    Sometimes I ask a question and then read the answer but don't always speak again because I don't want to pry more into a deeper area, given that we are online. I hope that hasn't been part of any difficult feeling. Jillie I asked a bit about OH's sister and really appreciated your response, but then didn't persue as we were online. Feelie, I did a similar thing after I asked about your mum. After someone's shared something important, I don't want to prod it in case that's sore or too public, if that makes any sense at all?

    I am very sorry though if there's anything me or anyone has done that makes that feeling be there. If there is, I'd so much rather someone said than felt hurt quietly (are you listening mm? ;))

    I very much admire anyone who let's this group know that they feel left out. It takes a lot of guts and I know that it makes me understand that sometimes people need my response (and all of our responses), even though I see you all as super-sorted super mummies who are too confident to mind at all :rotfl::o.


    Button, hiya :) yes I think we're both really keen on Kester. It's old english for Christopher. Like Fergie, It'll probably not be his first name though, but we'll all call him that (weezl you weirdo!). Current fave name is Benjamin Kester Jacob. (But I need to ask MFD if I can steal Benjamin's name first! :rotfl:)


    christening: probably not due to a sad family feud with DH's sister. But no objections to them at all :)

    awwww elle. Horrid memory. He's amazing isn't he, your doctor defying baby boy? x

    Searchie, was thinking of your grocery question, and v sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, I just couldn't think of anything you haven't already done! But just found out that bacon is an absolute bargain in costco at the moment (offer ends 17th Jan) and I know there's a costco in Sheffield. Do you know anyone who's a member? It's lovely back bacon, and works out as half the price of the cheapest asda back bacon which isn't as nice :)

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • OMG csh that pic is gorgeous and Kieran is scrummy. I couldn't quite make out the small one!

    Feelie- elle was talking about high calorie foods for Rhys a while ago so might be able to help.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    csh wrote: »
    To save you straining

    2vnmn87.jpg

    Now that is proper cute!
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Feelie - try avocado xxx


    csh - now that is one seriously cute piccie :D he is definitely the 8th dwarf 'Cutie'

    Make the most of being able to place him somewhere and him stay there ;)


    When I look at my avvy all I hear is the massive giggles that all four of us had when Benjamin and DSS were playing together!! I love it, but it actually looks a little pap as an avvy :confused::p


    Which reminds me, 3 - is that V's new smile? Very, um, smiley :D

    I like it as an avvy cos it was obviously taken at the same time as the other pic you posted, (but felt DSS wasn't yours to display) so when I seen this photo I thought o fthe other one and how much you liked it, if that makes any sense????!!!!!
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 6 January 2010 at 4:09PM
    elle_gee wrote: »
    Tigs, what's the appointment for? Feeling okay about it? :)

    The nice lady doctor who was Andrew's consultant in NICU also runs a 0-2yr clinic in outpatients, and he's been transferred to remain under her care. This is the first appointment since his discharge.

    She's presumably going to discuss results of his other hospital visits, and ask how he's developing in terms of movement etc. Suppose I should watch him this afternoon and make notes! I want to ask her about the shape of his head (as discussed with Tia), and also about when we can consider starting to wean him.

    Jillie, not ignoring you, didn't see your enquiry about his appointment until after I replied to Elle's!

    Feelie :hello: :hello: :hello:

    MFD, I resisting mentioning a christening here as I think it could cause problems. I was christened CofE many years ago, but am rather an agnostic these days (I really enjoyed Richard Dawkins' book!). Marley was baptised Roman Catholic. I'm not sure where that leaves us in terms of bringing up Andrew, as I think we'll have different ideas (not bother vs. baptism). One for later this year, I think!
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

    MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

    :) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • ManOnTheMoon
    ManOnTheMoon Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    carlamagee wrote: »
    whoops turst me to launch into "me" when people are having a bit of upste about not being responded to. im sorry if it was me; sometime i get a bit self centered, although completely not meaning to and i dont realise ive done it until a while after.
    i tend not to comment on people who are havig a badtime unless i can relate to it, which is why, for example, i feel ackward respoding to how feelie is feeling at the minute; i dont know what to say to make things better for her, so i tend to keep schtum as i can put my foot in my mouth quite easily.
    other things like csh' avvy, i noticed it but i didnt mentino it (i changed mine and no1 mentioned anything either! ;))

    someone needs to gimme a virtual slap when i go on my wee selfindulgent moments......any takers? lol (waiting for a queue to form! :))

    oh, and MOTM, i love hearing what you grownup babies are doing = i was telling OH about your recent episode with 15yo and he wanted to know how u handled it to put it in his memory stock for our little ones in the future! :)

    I'm sure it wasn't you, I didn't see anything that would upset anyone, but then people can be upset my things unintended. Don't worry!

    Did I hear you say earlier that you need to lose weight? I'm sure it was you and i'm sure it was you that posted pics the other day and you didn't look like you needed to lose weight - I may have got the wrong person as I mix people up easily!

    Well, we sorted it 50% payback and 50% work. She was quite cool about it after the tears, but as Tia? said yesterday, every child/person is different, so what works for one...

    I appreciated the advice yesterday. I'm only a mere Dad who sometimes gets things wrong and sometimes needs an outside view :o especially as my little girls (who will be my little girls when they are in their 40's and beyond) are very protected by me and sometimes I may miss something.
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Weezl, Kieren was transverse right up to about 34 weeks, plenty of time (and room!) to turn x
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Right,I have a plan to pay off the credit card in 1 year. So will speak to DH when he gets home. I've also filled a black bag of rubbish from our bedroom. Need to save up for holidays, MOT, road tax and car insurance as well as birthdays and Christmas too, but want rid of the CC.

    I think everyone has had moments when they feel ignored, I know I have. And I know that I have ignored people too. But it is an internet forum and so will happen.
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    emlou2009 wrote: »
    Aww he has a matching hat!! Cute!! I couldnt see it small either :o

    em, shoulda gone to specsavers.







    Oh, my mistake, you run the place :rotfl:

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • ManOnTheMoon
    ManOnTheMoon Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    csh - great pic! I'm not really a pic person, but that one is cracking!

    Christening - no thanks!

    ETA - How did chopsticks do that many quotes :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.