We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…332333335337338…1193

Comments

  • chopsticks wrote: »
    I haven't caught up since this morning but am currently being a mean mummy listening to Caitlin crying in her cot.

    She went down fo a sleep at 12:30 and cried for four minutes (I was timing her). I couldn't go in as the vicar phoned me talk about her Christening. She then fell asleep for 15 minutes.

    I know that's not enough for her, so I'm leaving her in the cot and she's been crying for 5 mins now. I hate leaving her to cry herself to sleep but she needs to get used to sleeping in her cot in the daytime :(

    I feel horrible :(:(:(

    Ooops- clicked to reply to this when you posted it and then got distracted! I do it all the time as I am reading and then by the time I get around to clicking reply I have missed the boat :rolleyes:

    Hope you sorted her out without too much heartache for either of you.


    Are all the babies on here christened or going to be christened? We haven't had Benjamin christened because we don't go to church and it seems a bit hypocritical for us to do so just for a ceremony (same reason we didn't get married in church).

    ...not that I am commenting on anyone elses choices, merely curious :o


    Edit - it has just taken me 30 mins to write that post so there is probably loads of other stuff going on now too!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    have kian sat on my knee at the kitchen table so he gets used to the table and kitchen. we've started having our evening meal their as well with Kian in his chair or activity centre so he associates there with food and not mummy and daddy with a plate on their knees lol!! seems to be working so far.

    am going to a mums/baby group next tues, i am rather shy (something i hope Kian is not) so just going to one a few mins walk from the house. just pay £1 as its in the church hall.

    SS- thanks for the offer.
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    if its mousse light you're ok :rotfl: .. i have no biccies but i've crackers for lunch much healthier then cheese on toast with added extra which is what i really wanted :rotfl:x


    no.... full fat! 2 pots my mum bought cos they were on special at asda

    on the good side there are none left now :D
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Are all the babies on here christened or going to be christened? We haven't had Benjamin christened because we don't go to church and it seems a bit hypocritical for us to do so just for a ceremony (same reason we didn't get married in church).

    ...not that I am commenting on anyone elses choices, merely curious :o


    Edit - it has just taken me 30 mins to write that post so there is probably loads of other stuff going on now too!

    Snap. Although I did offer the OH a chance for a baby naming ceremony if he wanted, but he didn't. I wasn't fussed either way
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite

    Are all the babies on here christened or going to be christened? We haven't had Benjamin christened because we don't go to church and it seems a bit hypocritical for us to do so just for a ceremony (same reason we didn't get married in church).

    ...not that I am commenting on anyone elses choices, merely curious :o


    Edit - it has just taken me 30 mins to write that post so there is probably loads of other stuff going on now too!


    Kian will be. I'm the religious one not DH, he was actually the only one in his family to be christened. none of his cosins were i believe either. which makes it darn hard in choosing godparents as it looks like they're all my family!! But, he does know how improtant it is to me so will have Kian christened.
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    I must admit I don't keep up very well these days, not sure why, I just like reading and barely posting, though I find myself talking about everyone with OH!

    Speaking about diets, I seem to have been going overboard with the scoffing lately, so much so it's giving me tummy troubles....back to the movicol then! I really am weird with food, I buy low fat, low salt, low taste beans to have on toast, but then I bung loads of high fat, high taste cheese on the top. ITS A BIT POINTLESS!! Though it tastes De-Lic-Ious (except the beans....)

    Weezl - Hope your bloods go okay. Is Kester what you are calling the new babaloo?

    FG - Sounds like your are better off without those mean people at the NCT group (what is NCT btw?) The main reason I really don't have many female friends is because I find them cliquey, and b!tchy. Us women are our own worst enemy.

    If you were closer, I'd go out for coffees (well diet coke :p) with you :D

    Don't fret about Toby, he was quite big wasn't he? Like high on the percentile for weight? So it's maybe just even'ing out now he is more mobile. I never bothered getting Keira weighed (cause I was too lazy :D) but I noticed she lost quite a chunk of weight over 3months, once she got mobile really (Walking at 9months) she used to have big massive wobbly cheeks, one was bigger than the other :rotfl: she still has chubby cheeks (both sets!) but her stomach is skinny! She has only gained 1lb in about a year and a bit!

    Just don't worry about it, if he is still eating. I know how lonely it must be though, I had bad PND after Keira, which is when I started the whole destructive eating circle which ultimately left me feeling worse about myself, I had NO friends, I didn't leave the house unless it was 100% neccassary.

    A lot of my friends now are through OH, but that's fine! I have my own too, and forums ARE a good way to meet people, some of my best friends live down in England from a forum I frequented since I was 16, I don't see them often, but I know they are there.

    Btw, when I went to toddler groups with Keira, I hated it, they were all two faced biatches, they would gossip to me about other mums, then do the same about me to them. I stopped going because I'd of hit one of them with a tonka truck one day :D
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    .. Are all the babies on here christened or going to be christened? We haven't had Benjamin christened because we don't go to church and it seems a bit hypocritical for us to do so just for a ceremony (same reason we didn't get married in church).

    ...not that I am commenting on anyone elses choices, merely curious :o

    Nope, not being christened for the same reason.

    Plus the whole thing brings back to me when we were asked "Did you want him Christened? The hospital vicar can be here straight away..." :cool:
  • csh wrote: »
    I took a wee huff the other day too when no-one commented on my new avvy. I wasn't bothered that no-one had noticed until GISI had about 3or 4 comments on hers. I was thinking 'well, whats wrong with mine that no-one notices?'
    A bit irrational I know but when you couple that with posts I make that go unnoticed and uncommented on you do get a wee bit paranoid.
    As you say, at the time its a good thing to say as I would have just dwelled on it but looking back its a bit silly :o

    I am glad you have given me an 'in' as they say...

    I have been staring at your avvy for ages, as in my left eyeball right up close to my lappy screen (my left eye is my best eye!) and I still can't see it...

    Is that your LO in the middle of the dwarves??

    If so - I think your avvy is ace, but wish I could see it. If not - I wouldn't comment on you putting some stuffed toys on your avvy :o

    Do you think that might be why nobody said anything?
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • ManOnTheMoon
    ManOnTheMoon Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    a
    motm- glad you reached a good compromise over the phone bill. my DH (yes him) ran up over £100 a few years ago ringing a competition. i could have killed him!!!

    talking bout missing posts...i feel a bit invisible here sometimes
    Your DH? :eek: Scary things those premium lines. I'm going to call BT and see if can block them.

    I understand about the invisible. You have lots to share, so just share when you feel you want to or can.
    I wish there were something that could be done about the feelings some of us have on the thread. I don't feel ignored and I get loads of support, but I don't feel part of the group, or able to contribute. I feel bad for cluttering up the thread so avoid posting most of the time, and don't acknowledge things I should. I miss some who've left badly too. I'm sorry for not commenting on important things, or helping more.

    I often don't post for a couple of days. I am the king of useless drivel that no-one gives a poop about, but sometimes, a proud parent that I am, I post anyway :confused:

    I can't offer support about many things, as i'm not a female who has had to do all the female things like bf'ing etc and as a single dad in the real world, i've found single dads get nothing as we are rarer than single mothers etc, but occasionally something comes up I may be able to comment on. All the baby talk is so last decade for me :rotfl: Mine are growing up :o

    Just comment when you can. Some post more than others and the thread moves so fast, that even coming back 2 hours later, pages have been written and it's impossible to catch up!
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the replys about the lidl nappies, will go get some later. And for the comments about Alex. Yes he is seriously cute and i am overly biased :D

    As for MFDs question about christenings, yes will have Alex, baptised Catholic. Except the local parish pries died before christmas of swine flu and as there is a sever shortage of priests everything is up in the air as to arranging new christenings and weddings etc. So will have to wait a while.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.