We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…331332334336337…1193

Comments

  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I felt really bad after my rant last night, but I was tired and emotional and just really wanted someone to notice, so decided to play the poor me card :o At the time it seemed the right thing to do, but looking back now, I really didnt need to do that, I'm proud of my son, I do not need everyone to say well done for me to know that !!

    Anyway, that very long winded response was really to say, we would miss you if you didnt come on :D

    I took a wee huff the other day too when no-one commented on my new avvy. I wasn't bothered that no-one had noticed until GISI had about 3or 4 comments on hers. I was thinking 'well, whats wrong with mine that no-one notices?'
    A bit irrational I know but when you couple that with posts I make that go unnoticed and uncommented on you do get a wee bit paranoid.
    As you say, at the time its a good thing to say as I would have just dwelled on it but looking back its a bit silly :o
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Sorry, friend here so will be back in a bit. Sorry you feel left out Jillie, hope you're ok! XXX
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Jillie I know how you feel - I lived in Ireland for ten years before coming to Germany and it's hard at times to be away from family and friends. Even though it's only a short distance, anywhere that's too far to go for a day is far enough to be miserable sometimes.

    FWIW, if you needed something I'd try to help in my weird, awkward sort of way :p
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Jillie - you are probably right about people moving on. I still stay locally, but DH has moved an hour away from his home town and his best friends have moved to England, Wales and California. He sees them more often than I see my "best friends" (who still stay within 30 mins) as they at least make the effort to meet up at each of their houses once per year (except the one in California although he is coming to ours in Feb). They also e-mail much more.
    You need to get out to groups and make new "mummy friends" (even if you are shy!). Can you drive? I think being able to get out and about helps too. I am demented being snowed in at the moment. Definitely going to arrange stuff for next week.
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Well SS, I've listed 1 thing so far on Ebay, just really don't have the motivation!!!
    Only done that 1 cos its a concert ticket for 1st Feb so it HAS to be listed now lol
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    anyone want my eldest?? shes making this so much harder ...

    maz you are mad pushing a buggy in this :rotfl: ..

    ((hugs)) jillie .. cuppa?? x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Oh well, at least I've got a new thing to add to my list for the Pyschiatirst - 'Paranoia'!

    There is a group for Mums with PND but it is too far from me. I can't walk far because of the SPD and Back pain, and haven't got a portable carseat for a Taxi, so am a bit stuck. NCT Ladies have all dropped me, I don't get any invites now, and they all (all!) declined when I offered to host, and all went to the Garden Centre together instead. I keep hoping the HV will get in touch because I've not had LO weighed in weeks and he seems to have lost weight, he has gone down a clothes size. He was in 86cm stuff, but is back in 80cm things. I always thought having a baby would be the push I needed to get out and meet people, but it doesn't work. I can't take medication because I know I can't go to the GP and the Pharmacy once a fortnight, and the Care-Coordinator won't help.

    Sorry for rant, just needed to get it out. Can't talk to my Mum anymore, and OH can't help as he has his own problems. I'm just totally, totally alone, with only an almost-9-month-old baby to talk to.
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    SM- a massoove coffee please... no biccies cos i'm on my diet (no-one can see my empty choc mousse pts right..;))
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • My quote button isn't working, so sorry if I miss anything.

    Feelie - did you see my link? - I think you were not doing cc, but wanting to sort out sleep? I don't know if what I'm trying would work for you? We are having crying, but it only with me there and it is temper tantrum crying, rather than properly upset crying iyswim.

    I'm sorry people feel left out on here - I do a little bit sometimes, but it is more because I don't keep up as much, so I miss out on things :( Can't be helped though! Needs must and all that.

    DH has been sent home from work, but is now at the police station with the bus driver doing statements about kids throwing snowballs at the buss and breaking the windows :mad: There I was thinking that because he had left early we would get him home, and Izzy could have some Daddy time while I got things done!
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    SM- a massoove coffee please... no biccies cos i'm on my diet (no-one can see my empty choc mousse pts right..;))

    if its mousse light you're ok :rotfl: .. i have no biccies but i've crackers for lunch much healthier then cheese on toast with added extra which is what i really wanted :rotfl:x
    :)Still searching .....:)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.