We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…328329331333334…1193

Comments

  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Quick question, anyone used Lidls nappies, its only a 5 minute walk to the new Lidl one near me. Will pop out when OH gets home later. They are about £3 cheaper than pampers and as i'm desperately waiting for payday (2 weeks yet), so may give them a go, if reviews are favourable.

    Thanks
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Tara, I bought the cheapie high chair from Asda in the baby event but I am thinking of getting a funpod so we can do stuff in the kitchen when he's bigger (but not the highchair one)
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    LOL! just spotted that-yep, 29 + 1 today :)

    Feel ok but worse backache than with fergie. Does the acheyness get worse with each one tara?

    xxx

    :o:o:o Yep, do you remember how much time I spent laid in bed with Maddy, my legs still aren't right at the top! You may need to slow down a lot sooner I'm afraid. Glad you're ok though. Think DD will have her bubs the same time as you! X :D
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Quick question, anyone used Lidls nappies, its only a 5 minute walk to the new Lidl one near me. Will pop out when OH gets home later. They are about £3 cheaper than pampers and as i'm desperately waiting for payday (2 weeks yet), so may give them a go, if reviews are favourable.

    Thanks

    Never tried them myself but they do get good reviews as do the Aldi ones. If you get them and don't like them they will prob refund if you keep your receipt (ALdi certainly do) so nothing to lose by trying
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Tara, I bought the cheapie high chair from Asda in the baby event but I am thinking of getting a funpod so we can do stuff in the kitchen when he's bigger (but not the highchair one)

    I just don't know as I don't really like them. I hate anything that gets grubby easily and highchairs have so many places that are difficult to clean which seems daft in something that is made for food eating! :o
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    weezlie ((hugs)) for acheyness and bloods taken not long not :) ..

    mel on gift i know what im getting just sorting the money to get it .. and my monthly budget it getting sorted now :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Working mummy - I've tried lidl nappies - they are pretty much the same as huggies imo :) I buy whatever is cheapest, except pampers, as we don't get on with them at all for some reason :confused:

    Tara - did your DD get her SMP sorted out with her boss?
    :heart:Isabella Molly born 14th January 2009:heart:
    New challenge for 2011 - saving up vouchers to pay for Chistmas!
    Amazon £48.61 Luncheon Vouchers £24
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    That's why I want one of these Tara http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10751&langId=-1&productId=39893&source=froogle&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping%20Sites-_-CPC-_-Froogle
    It's all wipeable, there's very little space for stuff to get wedged in and the covers are removeable and washable...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    didn't like what i gave her despite it being the same as what she was quite happily eating of my plate ;),

    Mine does that too! :mad: Mine obviously tastes much better than hers.
    "I think the man people octopus makes kids die" "The man octopus kills kids and makes them blood" I honestly think my child is disturbed? What is this octopus nonsense? She scares me!

    How bizarre! :rotfl::rotfl:
    Liv used to tell me thinks like, do you remember mummy when we did this.... i'd say no, and she's say 'oh, silly me. It wasn't with you, it was when I was with my other mummy!' :eek:

    Quick question, anyone used Lidls nappies, its only a 5 minute walk to the new Lidl one near me.

    I haven't recently, but I used them on both my big two and they were brilliant. I actually preferred them to pampers.

    I suppose I should go and get some to try now.

    Elle - thanks for the nipple update - I was thinking of you! :rolleyes:

    It looks like our schools are closed until Monday now - it's really not that bad! :confused:

    I'm off to the shops now, trying my best not to fall on my backside again. :o
    :beer:
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Tara (or anyone) - what is the benefit of a wooden highchair as opposed to a plastic one? Is it easier to clean? I will be buying a highchair soon, but don't know where to start. I suppose easy to clean, folds well, adjustable foot rest and back possibley??

    Csh - love your snowdog he he. It's excellent! And sign up to Facebook - I resisted for ages but gave in eventually. Stay away from the addictive games though.

    Carla - post your pictures - I bet your one eyed snowman is great.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.