We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…336337339341342…1193

Comments

  • Hi everyone :hello:

    Millies Mum, hope all is well. Nice to see you!

    Krystal, forgot to say yesterday that no I hadn't seen that Caitlyn has teeth! Yay! :j

    MFD, yes, both christened as you know :D. Neither of us are overly religious but wanted a Christian start for our children. They can choose their own paths in the future.

    Ah, I see I see him now, csh! So cute!!

    xx

    xx
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    The nice lady doctor who was Andrew's consultant in NICU also runs a 0-2yr clinic in outpatients, and he's been transferred to remain under her care. This is the first appointment since his discharge.

    She's presumably going to discuss results of his other hospital visits, and ask how he's developing in terms of movement etc. Suppose I should watch him this afternoon and make notes! I want to ask her about the shape of his head (as discussed with Tia), and also about when we can consider starting to wean him.

    Just being nosey Tigs, but would you mind reporting back on the weaning thing if you find anything out?
    The whole weaning debate age verus weight and stuff interests me and I'd be interested in how premmie babies differ for weaning.
    Feel free to ignore if you are uncomforable with this :A
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Ok, CSH, I'm sorry! All I can see in your small avy is 7 stuffed toys, I had no idea that Kieren was in it! Actually, I can only see a line and I can make out 1 stuffed toy. My eyes need tested badly I think...

    But that pic is soooo cute!
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    cute photo csh!!

    been off singing 'hokey cokey' to kian...he liked it anyway lol!! not sure if the neighbours did!
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    weezl74 wrote: »
    em, shoulda gone to specsavers.







    Oh, my mistake, you run the place :rotfl:

    Ha! Nice one Weezl :cool:
  • Buttonmoons
    Buttonmoons Posts: 13,323 Forumite
    CSH - I couldn't spot the baby in the avatar either, but now I can you posted the lovely big picture. He is adorable, I love his little dungarees too! I love dungarees on babys. I wish I could still put Keira in them, but there might be a bit of toilet trouble....I saw the cutest denim short dungarees in H & M for Keira, they were Hello Kitty, but they wanted £20 for them :eek: Sod that one! Wait for the sales....plus who would buy that in Winter anyways?!!

    Weezl - It's a nice name, any reason why you make it a middle name? Or do you want a name that's not kinda "out there" for later in life use? All rise for Judge Kester ....Weezl :D Be seated peasants!

    OH suggested Christening when Keira was younger but I said no, didn't see the point since neither of us is religious (though if we are stuck in this scabby area, it might of helped get her into the Catholic school, which I'd prefer her to go too than the rough one down t'road)

    His mum even said we should get her Christened, and she's a muslim! I was like "What?!"

    Speaking of OH's mum she keeps dropping hints about my next child, well that would be all fine and great except the house is tiny, I have 2 rogue cats and I noticed that the mad one has put big scratches down my living room door and dining chairs :mad: I'll need to get some paint for the door....might aswell do the skirting boards while I'm at it *sigh* I would take more pride in this house if it wasn't so scabbalicious, I don't feel like it's a home at all, because I loathe it so much, whats the point in doing it up and spending loads of money on making it look nice, when the probablitiy is when Keira hits 5, we'll move out to OH's parents house for the better schools.

    Only slightly over a year!

    I think OH's mum wants me to have a brood of children, in her family they all have lots of kids, and it's a nice family unit. She only was able to have 2 children, as OH's sister got stuck in the birth canal and she had to have a C section, then again with OH, and her stomach looks like a hot crossed bun! No joke! It's like the peeled her into stomach into four! So glad nowadays they give you a nice neat line!

    Anyhoo, after that they told her not to have anymore and she got womb problems etc. I don't think OH's sister will produce children anytime soon, she is still waiting for her bf to propse and she wont have kids before marraige (which is fair enough) but I think her boyfriend is scared of super duper commitment (hence why he dumped her a few year back so he could sow his oats!)
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    weezlie .. i know you've had a lot on so thats ok .. as for costco i dont know any member plus without a car theres no way i could get there :( ..

    choppy the photos only went up not to long a go but i do love a house with photos too :) x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    weezl74 wrote: »
    .. awwww elle. Horrid memory. He's amazing isn't he, your doctor defying baby boy? x

    Ay, he is quite fab... biased? me? much? ;):D The doctor who did the blood test on Monday couldn't believe how well he's doing :)

    Am very happy right now.. He's been sat in the corner of the sofa, "reading" his book and playing with teething keys for over 40minutes without any grumbles! :D I'm trying to get him to keep himself amused for longer and also while sat up so he learns sitting up is gooooood ;) Before this, he was very grumbly and didn't really know what to do with himself. He was staring at the sofa, so I stood him against it and he stood there, belly resting on it, dragging his nails down the sofa fabric :confused: He does that in his crib too.. like nails down a blackboard in the middle of the night! :cool:
    .. Feelie- elle was talking about high calorie foods for Rhys a while ago so might be able to help.

    Indeedy. Feelie, have a gander at this leaflet for ideas :D
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Weezl - It's a nice name, any reason why you make it a middle name? Or do you want a name that's not kinda "out there" for later in life use? All rise for Judge Kester ....Weezl :D Be seated peasants!

    ooooh yes, judge Kester :) me likey :)

    Well, a lovely MSE friend had a baby shower for me on MSE before fergie came. And some trolls came on and said it was tantamount to child abuse to be calling him Fergus. So DH and I had a big chat and still really loved the name, but decided that if he ever did feel that his name was too unusual, we'd give him an easy way to opt out of that, by having Jonathan as his first name.

    Once established, our families now feel it's important to do the same thing with Kester, else they might have squabbles over why it's different. I'm not so fussed about that. I reckon they'll squabble about all sorts anyway! But I respect where our families are coming from :) Sorry long answer!

    :rotfl::rotfl:at your muslim MIL wanting Keira christened. Also :rotfl:at the Hot Crossed Tum!

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • keelykat
    keelykat Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    Hello, a late happy new year :) how is everyone doing?

    keely.
    Mommy to Elliot (5) and Lewis (born xmas eve 11!)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.