We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 9
Comments
-
ohh weezl meant to reply to you before , you mentioned you;d asked bout us all and sIL and i wanted to say that i really appreciate that you do mention her. a lot of RL people dont and i do think its easier when you can talk bout her. she did have a good life just went a bit botttoms up in the past few years'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0
-
jillie1974 wrote: »got Kian down for his nap in his cot. Goes asleep there now much more easily than his pram so we should be able to remove the carrycot part in the next week or so. it will free up more space just as a buggy.
must brign his monitor into kitchen with me. (being good and not watching crap afternoon tv)
I did the 'transformer' thing with the pram last week and he likes it so much better cos hes a nosy little so and so!0 -
Right - I just want to tell you how I read the thread...so if anybody thinks I am a cow I can pre-justify myself

I read this:Hello, a late happy new year
how is everyone doing?
keely.
I think 'ooh - hi keely, haven't seen you in a while, whatcha been up to, did Elliot have a nice christmas?'
But then I see this:money_maker wrote: »hi stranger
How are you?
And MM has said it for me...so I don't want to repost it, so I keep my gob shut, and I probably thank MM for saving my fingers.
If someone else says something that I was going to say I can't see the point of me re-saying it, unless I have more to add or I want to [STRIKE]disagree[/STRIKE] offer an alternative viewpoint.
I would hate to think that the person felt ignored.
Also - sometimes I would see this:Hello, a late happy new year
how is everyone doing?
keely.
If I am catching up a day later or whatever, I won't comment...but sometimes nobody else has either...but I still thought the same thing, and I probably thanked the post as a kind of 'hello'
Confuzzled yet???
:rotfl:
LOL Krystal - hold a grudge much?
please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman
Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14ozA new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 20120 -
My_Fathers_Daughter wrote: »Right - I just want to tell you how I read the thread...so if anybody thinks I am a cow I can pre-justify myself

I read this:
I think 'ooh - hi keely, haven't seen you in a while, whatcha been up to, did Elliot have a nice christmas?'
But then I see this:
And MM has said it for me...so I don't want to repost it, so I keep my gob shut, and I probably thank MM for saving my fingers.
If someone else says something that I was going to say I can't see the point of me re-saying it, unless I have more to add or I want to [STRIKE]disagree[/STRIKE] offer an alternative viewpoint.
I would hate to think that the person felt ignored.
Also - sometimes I would see this:
If I am catching up a day later or whatever, I won't comment...but sometimes nobody else has either...but I still thought the same thing, and I probably thanked the post as a kind of 'hello'
Confuzzled yet???
:rotfl:
LOL Krystal - hold a grudge much?

that makes sense....
btw where have your quoted bits gone now my post doesnt make sense'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0 -
My_Fathers_Daughter wrote: »Right - I just want to tell you how I read the thread...
Me too!
Agree with thisKrystaltips wrote:Incidentally... Sometimes I feel ignored... Sometimes I read someone's post and don't acknowledge them... If we all acknowledged everyone's posts... This thread would be a heck of a lot longer than it already is... We need to just accept that sometimes we're going to get overlooked and move on.... (Or be really self indulgent and repost it a bit later
)
and this tootiamai_d wrote:I think everyone has had moments when they feel ignored, I know I have. And I know that I have ignored people too. But it is an internet forum and so will happen.
0 -
hey choppy did you think i had a miracle kid there! lol!!!
he was asleep i was doing the stepping....'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0 -
weezl, sorry, meant to say.. love Benjamin Kester Jacob!

ETA: Baby songs.. we need a new one! Current song that stops Rhys in his crying/wittering tracks is Jingle Bells!
LOL, I've not re-learned any baby songs yet, so today Finn was enjoying the 12 Days of Christmas! :rotfl:
Krystal - ta for that! I didn't know eBay disallowed used ones! How silly. I've seen that site before but forgotten all about it. You got yourself a real bargain - I want to grab some whenever we've got spare cash (haha, never). Using terries for now, which is fine (only on Day 2!) but eventually I know I'll get sick of their fiddly-ness.top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne
would like to win a holiday, please!!
:xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j0 -
Hi everyone,
Just reading back while Isla finally sleeps, albeit in the sling as nothing else seems to calm her at the minute. Ive only managed to go back a couple of pages though
On the subject of christenings I dont think we're having Isla christened. OH is but Im not, my parents always said it could be my decision and they didnt want to force any religion onto me whereas OH's dad is an ordained minister and they've mentioned we ned to start thinking about Isla's soon. Personally I would be happy with a naming ceremony just to recognise she's here sort of thing. Our wedding is most likely to be a humaninst service too as we're looking to get married in France so it isnt a religous affair anyway.
Can I just ask the other BF ladies approx how long feeds are lasting please? Isla takes 1-1.5 hours every feed, always both breasts and still doesnt seem satisfied. As many times as I try to latch her back on she'll just keep taking it and wont settle if I stop. She's still a dinky thing (getting her weighed tomorrow so not sure what weight she is at the min) so Im worried she isnt getting enough and is hungry all the time
The past 5 days she's cried constantly inbetween feeds and sleeping, there's no time where she's awake and just 'being' if that makes any sense?
Sorry to have not posted for ages then come on with a big whinge, Im just so confused if Im doing the right thing with the BF and our booby groups been shut for 2 weeks and wont be open tomorrow because of snow
Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j0 -
you know guys i feel a lot better already after chatting here this afternoon.
thanks everyone 'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0 -
right im having a break for dinner .. no rest then really but at least jaydens fed ours is in the oven .. zoes just burst in to tears as shes been really clingy today so i said when i put jayden to bed we'd have a nice cuddle on the sofa watching cartoons but it wasnt enough so daddy sent her to her room to calm down and i had a talk with her ..
mel i dont mind swapping ideas i only buy for 12 ish people so i dont know of how much i can help but i'll try
..
and on the christening .. we wont be getting the kids christen as we dont believe in any of it but if the kids grow up and decided they want it then id like them to chose
x
Still searching .....:)
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards