We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…343344346348349…1193

Comments

  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Sorry Beenie, Ive no idea on the routine. Isla changes every day, I only have admiration for anyone who has another kiddie to look after as well as a newborn.
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    :eek: Omg people, only popped off for a couple of hours, how many pages off catching up.

    I have had a bad couple of hours now I feel extremely lucky. My best friend had her baby 2wks ago, 2nd emergency CS as they now realise she cannot give birth naturally. Yesterday her OH was made redundant, he's not been particularily helpful at the moment at home. Then while she was here earlier he rang to say he hit a post in her car that her dad bought her last month. He's not on her insurance so only covered 3rd party. We thought dent but oh no, back end ruined!!! She's in a terrible state and extremely angry. :mad: Should have been driving his own crappy little car...
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • boogelly - not helpful but some babies do take ages to feed. Benjamin was always a 45 minute-r. I used to sit at the dining room table with him on a cushion (or 2) on my lap and come on here for a one handed gossip :D

    Sometimes he would fall asleep there and I would just continue with 2 handed gossiping ;)


    Em - check you out, all sorty, sorty!!! D'y'wanna come do mine?
    weezl74 wrote: »
    I also read about cephalic version being achieved by you lying on your back shining a torch up your, ahem 'foof' and with a bag of frozen peas placed just under your bust! (Babies like to look at the light and don't like cold heads is the theory here.

    Have I told you lately that I love you :A
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    thanks Harley :) and Em :)

    I'll try both of those.

    I also read about cephalic version being achieved by you lying on your back shining a torch up your, ahem 'foof' and with a bag of frozen peas placed just under your bust! (Babies like to look at the light and don't like cold heads is the theory here.

    Reluctant to try this, but DH has volunteered to be torch shiner. He's a funny one my DH.:o

    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    awwww tara your poor friend ((BIG HUGS)) to her xxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • ManOnTheMoon
    ManOnTheMoon Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    carlamagee wrote: »

    I dont think I was online when you first stated it, but late last night you mentioned about being £84 lighter, and I was intrigued, so i went noseying!! :cool:

    it was me syaing about starting back to sliming world.....the pictures only showed (is that correct grammar!?) my face! not my post-baby belly! But that is very kind of you for saying so! :o I would just like to tone up and lose about a stone. currently size 16 and would like to be on the large sife of 12, small side of 14 (to start with!) :cool:

    You went and read back? Brave lady, very brave!

    Oh the grammar will do. If i'm not correct my girls tell me off ;) you don't have to worry about them though!

    Well, fair enough, you didn't show your belly, but you do what you feel you need and want too. Lucy is size 8 I think, maybe pushing 10 She's very petite, so I don't have her talking about her weight. She's not had any children though, so if she does, we'll worry about it then. You'll never be able to say you're unattractive though now you've posted your pic, as we know what you look like, and I mean this in a non smarmy way, but you are very pretty.
    Right - I just want to tell you how I read the thread...so if anybody thinks I am a cow I can pre-justify myself :D

    You made sense :D
    Megapost coming up, sorry:

    MOTM - I keep meaning to ask, was it 6th Decemeber that you first met your Lady Friend?

    Talk about putting the rest of us to shame! Well done on including as many people as possible.

    Yes, 6th December. One month anniversary today and rest assured I am cooking dinner, feeding her chocolates tonight and generally going to make her feel good.

    I went out in the snow earlier and bought some flowers which she hasn't been shown yet ;) She knows it's one month and said 'Shame we didn't think of doing anything for it'. Well, she's going to get a surprise.

    The kids are off school again tomorrow :j

    Oh and don't worry about getting names wrong etc. These things happen, so don't worry too much ;)
  • ManOnTheMoon
    ManOnTheMoon Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    chopsticks wrote: »
    Copying and pasting into Notepad ;)

    I ordered another one on Monday whilst the prices were still low, so hopefully that one will turn up OK (although I've ordered that one on behalf of my mum). Fingers crossed they reply to my email. No idea why they put a box in a jiffy bag. It was so badly crushed, the box had even ripped.

    Clever chopsticks! ;)

    That reminds me, Body Shop arrived yesterday. Lucy is going to have hers tonight for our anniversary. ;) I wasn't going to mention it until feelie mentioned it. She has a good memory that one!
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    MFD, Thank you for loving me :) Am slightly :o that I'm not at all sure why that was loveable :rotfl:

    Poor friend Tara :(

    Oh I haven't said Hi to Keely, are you still there?
    'Hello!'

    Oh I think I missed Aless' link, dashes back...

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • carlamagee
    carlamagee Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »

    Also, Carla, Elle, 3, MFD and anyone else I have missed - all of your avvies are lovely. I like seeing the pics of your LOs. I did do a general "loving all the pictures" the other day which was intended to cover most of you! ha ha.
    i seen this! but obviosuly forgot!! :o sorryyy.....
    weezl74 wrote: »
    I also read about cephalic version being achieved by you lying on your back shining a torch up your, ahem 'foof' and with a bag of frozen peas placed just under your bust! (Babies like to look at the light and don't like cold heads is the theory here.

    Reluctant to try this, but DH has volunteered to be torch shiner. He's a funny one my DH.:o
    i had thee funniest mental image .....

    there was someoneelse.....
    harley - thanks for the fb advice, they are uploaded now after trying to do it ALL blimin day!! thnkyou! xx

    well, i have took the plunge, me and lil sis are going to fatclub for the first time tonight. slimming world....aftr me just having a fry for brunch! typical! but i gotta start somewhere!!!!
    Carla-Farla!! :)

    Mummy to Katie (27.11.07) and Christopher (05.08.09) ♥♥♥
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 6:27PM

    Boogeleyboo - Hello, don't think we've met? LO used to feed for ages and ages, but has settled down a bit now. For quite a while, he'd latch on whenever I offered and just feed and feed and feed. Then one day he latched off himself and had decided he'd had plenty! He doesn't eat to exploding anymore. You are definitely doing the right thing, sometimes they are just really hungry. Is she giving plenty of wet nappies? I'll leave the rest to Krystal :)

    Hi Feelie - No I dont think we have 'met' so Hi :D
    Tonnes of wet nappies, I'll persevere and ring the helpline today. Thanks for letting me know its normal and some just take longer.

    Im getting her weighed tomorrow so we'll see what she's put on in the last 3 weeks. (my clinics on a thurs so with xmas eve and NYE its only reopening tomorrow.) Isla will be 7 weeks and is still in her newborn clothing, some of which is massive on her.
    I'm afraid I can't help on the BF question as Henry only feeds for 15-20 minutes, but I'm sure someone can help! Just wanted to say hello to my birth date buddy :D.
    .

    Hi birth date buddy :D Hows Henry doing? Love the piccie of him, soo cute. Ive just realised too, me and OH are born on the same date so maybe we should introduce Henry & Isla when their older so they can fall in love and share a birthday too :rotfl:
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.