We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…344345347349350…1193

Comments

  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Will catch up later, I need to read all page 87...

    Anyone in need of a 0-3month pink BHS snow suit? It's been singed in the TD, no marks but it's not fluffy soft like it should be. Might come out with a good soak in softener and a brush but as its too wee for podgy, its at the fairy depo.
  • harley1
    harley1 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Fat club? It was you that posted those lovely pics the other day wasn't it? Fat club indeed. If that is the case perhaps I'd better join you!!!

    Glad I was able to help you with fb, see I do have my uses sometimes.

    Weezl, I nearly 'loved you' too after that comment, it's things like that that keep me smiling on the bad days when I can't do anything right. Not that today is one of them but I'll store it up for the next one. Thank you.

    xxx
    Cross Stitch Challenge member 11 - May challenge well under way

    Very proud mummy to Gorgeous baby girl - 29/09/09 :j

    Thanks to all who directed me to Quidco - £289.30 since Nov 09 :beer:
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    harley1 wrote: »
    Weezl, I nearly 'loved you' too after that comment, it's things like that that keep me smiling on the bad days when I can't do anything right. Not that today is one of them but I'll store it up for the next one. Thank you.

    xxx
    :D

    glad today isn't one of those x

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Ooh i have progress on the noisy neighbours :T

    Council just called me back and she said they've already had a letter sent out about their noise so she appeared to have taken it quite personally that they haven't stopped.

    I don't think she's gonna take any carp from them, she's visiting them tomorrow about it and she said "they're the new tenants so they're going to have to stop"

    I've lived here 7 yrs you see and they're not on their secure tenancy yet, so they can be removed without notice ;) Not that it'll come to that but the have to "prove themselves" so to speak whereas i don't.

    Also she was disgusted that they took it upon themselves to change the kitchen around so their cupboards are on my living room wall, and she said "we are sending the workers in to rip it out" :eek::eek::eek: LMAO they spent a fortune on it, they're gonna hate me so much :eek:

    I feel so so relieved but also kinda sad that it has come to this as i'll never be able to be friendly with them. Meh like i care :rotfl:

    Peace is imminent folks :D
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Trouble is she means an awful lot to me, and it's hard to see him not treat her as she deserves. She needed to have a moan about him and all I could say was I think I'd better not comment as I think he's being a complete knob and she's too good for him. Saying that I would be mortified if they split just wish he'd grow up.

    Sorry for not joining in much, one-handed with a grumpy Maddy in my arms!
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    Emlou - my comments are not aimed at anyone in particular and definitely not at you! I have always found you friendly and welcoming and have missed you posting as much since you returned to work. I do know what you mean about skimming etc. Off to feed Holly now!
    Oh good, I was being paranoid cos I know its something I (unintentionally!) do!
    weezl74 wrote: »

    thanks Harley :) and Em :)

    I'll try both of those.

    I also read about cephalic version being achieved by you lying on your back shining a torch up your, ahem 'foof' and with a bag of frozen peas placed just under your bust! (Babies like to look at the light and don't like cold heads is the theory here.

    Reluctant to try this, but DH has volunteered to be torch shiner. He's a funny one my DH.
    :o
    Thats awesome!! :rotfl::rotfl::eek:
    Em - check you out, all sorty, sorty!!! D'y'wanna come do mine?
    Hmmm, let me think.... nah, you're alright ta!! :rotfl:

    Weezl, I remember you saying you had researched cheap ways to heat a little room and that a oil filled radiator was the way to go :) off the top of your head, do you think this one would be ok to give a little heat off in Seths little box room? Its the only room in the house there is no radiator! Or can you recommend one at all? :)
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • ManOnTheMoon
    ManOnTheMoon Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 6:42PM
    weezl74 wrote: »

    I also read about cephalic version being achieved by you lying on your back shining a torch up your, ahem 'foof' and with a bag of frozen peas placed just under your bust! (Babies like to look at the light and don't like cold heads is the theory here.

    Reluctant to try this, but DH has volunteered to be torch shiner. He's a funny one my DH.
    :o

    Coming to a YouTube near you soon :eek:

    ETA - Lucy and the girls know something is up. The fish fingers and chips apparently smell like Roast Chicken :rolleyes: They are banned from the kitchen:cool:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    We use one like that Em in OH's office. Works really well.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Coming to a YouTube near you soon :eek:

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    Thanks Tara, we want a low wattage one we can leave on in there all night for him as it does get very cold in there. He is used to being toasty in our bed and now feels the cold :o
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.