We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…345346348350351…1193

Comments

  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Beenie - glad your neighbours situation looks like it may improve!

    Re routine, it is my personal opinion that babies should dictate their own routine at a young age (as in I don't think they should be left to cry because you want them to go to bed at a certain time etc).
    I am only now trying to monitor Holly to see what she does, and put her down a bit earlier at night and work towards a routine, but I wouldn't have tried this any younger than 3 months (and I still wouldn't leave her to cry etc). However, I only have her to worry about and I agree with Boogelly that I don't know how I would cope with an older child too! Also, I imagine if you are breastfeeding on demand, it must be even more difficult to manage a routine, and Holly has been very good as she sleeps through anyway.
    If you do manage it, then good for you though. It must be difficult having to do the school run and get them both organised on your own. You are doing a great job. How is Amber's bottom btw? x
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    beenie great news sounds like you've got a good council ..

    tara your poor friend .. he does sound like abit of a prat .. hope everything works out alright for her x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Will catch up later, I need to read all page 87...
    .

    Whats happening on Pg 87?

    MY MICROWAVE JUST WENT ON FIRE!!!!

    !!!!!! WHAT IS IT WITH ME AND DOMESTIC APPLIANCES THESE DAYS!!!!

    I'm getting a new one via the warrenty but I'll need to go to asda when OH gets back for a cheap one til then:mad:
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Omg Csh, any damage???

    Edit, apart from microwave.
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • Boogelly- Henry is good, thanks. He's getting more smiley and playful which is lovely. Poking his tonguue out is a favourite.

    Beenie- that sounds v positive about the neighbours.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    tarajayne wrote: »
    Omg Csh, any damage???

    Edit, apart from microwave.

    No damage other than microwave, apart from the smell!
    When I say 'fire' I actually mean thick black smoke and glowing red hot not actual flames. I am prone to meladrama:D

    Still flucked off thats the kettle, washing machine and microwave. Not to mention the trampoline incident and the upstairs hall DG window :mad: Just when I get sorted something else goes
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    GISI, what about this meet up then???
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Weezl, thanks, putting 4 scoops in then mixing then the other 4 is working out better. I'm just lazy and it seems drawn out, but better than cleaning up gloopy powder. :D

    Mel, you know you have probably just made Elle buy that rocker! :rotfl: Its lovely!

    Feely, I'm good, less stressed right now which is great, but have admitted to myself that I am a shopaholic and it's getting out of hand (even with all the finance planning I'm itching to work out how I can sneakily get £20 to buy crap). All at home good right now. Sorry your not doing so well, nothing I can say but I hope you find a way to get better huni.

    Harley, I meant to comment on your pics, Kezia is lovely with a huge amount of hair and eyes as blue as MM's Dylan! A snowman is a snowman but sadly, DH was telling me of the nearby snow castle with details such as leadwork on windows! Nutters round here, cos its all villages, we aint goyt nowt better to do.

    Jillie, did I tell you that I managed to wash the bouncer? It washes fine, I out it in on a 30' handwash (cos of all the poo). It was dripping when it came out though. Kian is a bouncer pooper too isn't he?

    Beenie, Amber had to be in a routine of sorts from 2 weeks old as well. 7am feed, boys dropped off at 9 and 9.30am, then fed again at 10-10.30am. I learned to ignore her if she was crying and she learned she had to wait and was better off sleeping.

    Weezl, I missed it, were you scanned or are they guessing? They swore blind DS2 was breech and so I was scanned on admision to hospital (3 days before my body evicted him) and he was head down and perfect.

    Tara, your poor friend! She must be so peeved right now, hoep things get better.
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Whats happening on Pg 87?

    MY MICROWAVE JUST WENT ON FIRE!!!!

    !!!!!! WHAT IS IT WITH ME AND DOMESTIC APPLIANCES THESE DAYS!!!!

    I'm getting a new one via the warrenty but I'll need to go to asda when OH gets back for a cheap one til then:mad:

    Just cos I hadn't read it and I spotted my name.

    Can we all point and laugh about your cooking skills now? So bad she even burnt the microwave! :rotfl:

    Sorry!
  • Tia- I just re-read page 87. It was a year ago today you found out you were pregnant with Ambertronic. Is that what you meant?

    Tara- I'm defo up for a meet while I'm on mat leave. Remind me who else is near us. I know Harley is and Em us Portsmouth. Ladybird and feelie are just up the M3!
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.