We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…347348350352353…1193

Comments

  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    I work Monday, Friday and Sunday, so could do any day other than those :)

    Right, I'm off to finish sorting upstairs so we actually all have a bed to sleep in tonight! Although OH seems to be planning something other than sleeping, since we will have a bedroom to ourselves for the first time in this house, ever :whistle:
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    its been fine up until now Em so no idea.
    I think its just me, lightbulbs are always popping near me too and automatic doors and the automatic taps in public loos never work for me?
    OH says its because I have no soul :-(
  • Em - have you tried the 'no' then distract tactic? I say no and then try to tempt him to come to me using a Waybuloo or whatever I have to hand. I sometimes even tempt him with my mobile :o

    I don't want to be no, no, no all the time so unless it is actually dangerous I leave him to it!

    For dinner Benjamin had:

    About 6 mouthfuls of cod, courgette and sweetcorn pasta
    About 4 mouthfuls of lamb curry and rice
    A slice of malt loaf
    2 x pizza crusts (we ate early tonight LOL) so 1/3 of a pizza crust.
    1/2 a pear, just snapped the top off and left him to it
    1/4 banana
    1/2 pot of Rice Pudding
    2 Biscotti
    2 x Fromage Frais

    Oh - was going to moan that he was just picking but when I write it down like that it looks okay...

    AND

    DER, DAH, DEEEEEEERRRRR

    he managed to do clap hands :T although only 1 at a time!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • csh wrote: »
    its been fine up until now Em so no idea.
    I think its just me, lightbulbs are always popping near me too and automatic doors and the automatic taps in public loos never work for me?
    OH says its because I have no soul :-(

    :eek:

    Cheeky b00ger

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    OH says its because I have no soul :-(

    :eek: Thats so mean! I musnt have one either then as electrical things always break when Im around them. In the space of 6 months when I moved back to my mums years ago I broke 2 irons, 1 hairdryer, 2 pairs of straighteners, the oven, micro, toaster and the tv used to flick channels or switch off of its own accord :rolleyes: Mum couldnt wait for me to move out!
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :eek:

    Cheeky b00ger

    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

    TBH hes probably right! Its because I'm not 'sentimental' apparently:rolleyes:


    :T:T:T:T Clappy, clappy handies!
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :eek: Thats so mean! I musnt have one either then as electrical things always break when Im around them. In the space of 6 months when I moved back to my mums years ago I broke 2 irons, 1 hairdryer, 2 pairs of straighteners, the oven, micro, toaster and the tv used to flick channels or switch off of its own accord :rolleyes: Mum couldnt wait for me to move out!


    Soulless twins we are then :D
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    My OH says my cold hands and feet are because I have no heart!!!
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • harley1
    harley1 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    Boogelly- Henry is good, thanks. He's getting more smiley and playful which is lovely. Poking his tonguue out is a favourite.

    Beenie- that sounds v positive about the neighbours.

    Right, its not my fault for being too slow it's you lot talking to much that leaves me so behind.

    Someone was asking the other day how to engage with a really young baby and it's taken me this long to remember. Poss Aless with Finn (hope I've got that right). Since about 3 weeks I've been sticking my tongue out at Kezia within a couple of days she was doing it back and this is one thing guaranteed to get a smile, even through tears. Yesterday I was wiggling my eyebrows and that had the same effect. I also talk to her all day every day, talking about what I'm doing, asking what she thinks about stuff, you know - the usual completely barking conversations that you are glad no-one else can hear. :o Include lots of eye contact, touching, facial expressions and smiles, I'm sure he'll love the attention.

    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I'm a bit rubbish really. xxx
    Cross Stitch Challenge member 11 - May challenge well under way

    Very proud mummy to Gorgeous baby girl - 29/09/09 :j

    Thanks to all who directed me to Quidco - £289.30 since Nov 09 :beer:
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    tarajayne wrote: »
    My OH says my cold hands and feet are because I have no heart!!!

    Hee, hee! I get that too! I have a circulation disorder and find it hard to keep warm. He says its cause I'm barely human
    He says all this in jest by the way, I'm not the anti-christ or anything:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.