We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 9

1…349350352354355…1193

Comments

  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    Beenie - glad your neighbours situation looks like it may improve!

    Re routine, it is my personal opinion that babies should dictate their own routine at a young age (as in I don't think they should be left to cry because you want them to go to bed at a certain time etc).
    I am only now trying to monitor Holly to see what she does, and put her down a bit earlier at night and work towards a routine, but I wouldn't have tried this any younger than 3 months (and I still wouldn't leave her to cry etc). However, I only have her to worry about and I agree with Boogelly that I don't know how I would cope with an older child too! Also, I imagine if you are breastfeeding on demand, it must be even more difficult to manage a routine, and Holly has been very good as she sleeps through anyway.
    If you do manage it, then good for you though. It must be difficult having to do the school run and get them both organised on your own. You are doing a great job. How is Amber's bottom btw? x

    Thanks for the reply :D

    Yeah, at the moment i'm still trying to figure it out, but that's the only time of day i remember her being wide awake for so long, and i have DS's spiderman lamp with half dead batteries so it's not exactly stimulating lol. I keep meaning to try keeping a note of her feeding and sleeping times to see if there's a pattern forming, i will have to kick myself up the backside to start tomorrow.

    BF'ing seems to be becoming shorter feeds, but just as frequent so i think she's just becoming more efficient at filling her belly. But they're so frequent that i use the same boob a few times in a row, then swap sides once she's been to sleep.

    I'm still on the cotton wool and water, and sudo and it's looking much much better, will leave it a good few weeks before i try the Pampers wipes again!

    I wonder how people with younger toddlers manage, my DS is at a good age where he can be helpful and not too demanding, as we can sit and chat while i'm feeding baby - i imagine a younger child is a lot harder work so i'm really glad there's this age gap now, i thought it was too big before but it's lovely as he really appreciates her and there's no jealousy or fighting for attention!

    Thanks Tia it's good to know i'm not evil if i have to make her wait, and i still seriously need to invest in some breastfeeding-suitable tops as i have NO tops with buttons so atm i'm lobbing out my whole boob over the neckline socan't feed in public at the min haha.
    I bought some dummies in the first few days when i was struggling with pre-milk booby pain and she's not fussed unless she's in the car seat and having a moan then she keeps it in to fall asleep with in the car so i'm happy with using them for that purpose lol.

    Harley - don't know who asked that either but thanks for the response on it, it's something i've been meaning to ask. I've been making kissy faces at her and she seems to be doing them back but it could be a coincidence :rotfl: She can make a perfect circle with her cute little mouth :D

    Hmm sure i had more to say but i'm about to go kill my dog, i can hear her fiddling with the Virgin cables outside again....
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OMG boo where did you get the outfit .. is that a proper monkey outfit .. please tell me it is and if so where from ..

    also anyone ordered from boots .. when do the money go out .. straight away or when stuff is sent x

    Straight away. You can pay with Paypal too if thats easier for you?
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    elle_gee wrote: »
    I didn't look.. Should I? Dare I? How much will it cost me? :o

    Rhys and I have been having another lil nap :o OH came in, collected the rubbish and took it to the tip since all rubbish collections have stopped here and we have tonnes from wallpaper stripping and sorting through a lot of things. He's also gone out for more groceries apparently :confused:

    Did you look:p
    No, oh good....they are hard enough to come by with you buying them all up:rotfl:
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Beenie, your post made me think. Does everyone go up and over the neckline? I always hitch the top up and go under. I never really thought about the mechanics of it! I do find feeding in public strange. Here is me who has such bad anxiety that I need someone with me to put rubbish in the bin, but I can (and have!) fed almost everywhere. Trains, restaurants, pubs, in front of family, friends, OH's work buddies, Cafe, bench, car. Only people I don't feed in front of is inlaws. Sorry for ramble!
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • feelinggood_2
    feelinggood_2 Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    Also, I asked the other day but then got lost and couldn't find answers. Sorry to bother you all again! Is there a reason why I can't use pull-ups (assuming they do them in size 4+ or 5) instead of normal nappies?
    Stay-at-home, attached Mummy to a 23lb 10oz, 11 month old baby boy.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Straight away. You can pay with Paypal too if thats easier for you?

    im spending £120.61 for all of jaydens stuff for the next 5 months and the way im doing saving £50 there about .. i think i can cover it :D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Also, I asked the other day but then got lost and couldn't find answers. Sorry to bother you all again! Is there a reason why I can't use pull-ups (assuming they do them in size 4+ or 5) instead of normal nappies?

    Not sure, can't see a reason why not although pull-ups might not be as asorbant as reqular nappies?
    Is Toby pulling his nappy off?
  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Obviously I wouldn't know feely, but I think it was asked a while ago and someone (tia?) said they're not as absorbent (sp?) as normal nappies :)
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2010 at 8:40PM
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    i still seriously need to invest in some breastfeeding-suitable tops as i have NO tops with buttons so atm i'm lobbing out my whole boob over the neckline socan't feed in public at the min haha.

    I tend to pull the top up rather than go over the top, Beenie, and a cardigan or a shawl around Molly covers my jelly belly from casual onlookers. It wouldn't stop someone getting an eyeful if they were truly determined, but then neither would any of my BF clothes :)

    Edit: I'm with you Feelie, I'll feed almost anywhere Molly needs it, although I drew the line at work colleagues and went into the cloakroom :rotfl:
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Feelie i'm not sure, but atm i'm still living in leggings (i have no real trousers that fit my expanded arris, well i do but they're all too long for my short legs:() so wearing long tops which go below the bum, so it's easier to go over the neckline for me, and try keeping some modesty using her blankets if anyone is here :rotfl:

    I am pretty bad at doing things alone, i got my friend to come shopping with me today purely because i was nervous about attempting to use those trolleys that you put the car seat on for the 1st time, in case i did it wrong or something :rolleyes:. Turns out my seat is a bit big for them but still fits with a bit of a shove, but if i'd been on my own i'd have panicked and got myself in a tizz. I'm a bit of a goon like that :o
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.