Coolnewmobile, merged threads

Options

Comments

• watchzeitgeist
    Options
    Phone box direct/cool new mobile - known as the mobile media group have gone into liquidation.

See www.mobiletoday.co.uk for details.

I hope this early warning may be of some help?

But I fear that this (my first post) may be just bad news for a lot of people.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Paul
    :EasterBun
    Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.
    :rotfl:
  • hessian
    hessian Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    yatin123 wrote: »
    My God...I will be loosing a huge amount . What will be the consequences?

Will it be possible for us to close our mobile contract early?

There will be many of us wanting an answer to this
  • skip2mylou
    Options
    Phone box direct/cool new mobile - known as the mobile media group have gone into liquidation.

See www.mobiletoday.co.uk for details.

I hope this early warning may be of some help?

But I fear that this (my first post) may be just bad news for a lot of people.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Paul

I saw the report too, and I'm dismayed to say the least =(
    will starting an MCOL procedure on them salvage anything at this point?
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    There's no point in panicking. If you do downsize your contract and they haven't gone bust you will lose ALL the remaining cashbacks. After the shambles with other dealers (especially Mobile Connections) it's possible that some networks may assist in the near future with downsizing or cancellation, BUT I would hold fire for now. All the network lines etc. are likely to get swamped and usually there's a lot of confusion until things become clearer.
  • David_beach
    Options
    hessian wrote: »
    There will be many of us wanting an answer to this

Networks just do not want to foot the bill, and so far they have been unwilling to let cashback customers out of their contracts.

I do believe though that in some cases it has been reported that reducing line rentals has been an option.
  • skip2mylou
    Options
    There's no point in panicking. If you do downsize your contract and they haven't gone bust you will lose ALL the remaining cashbacks. After the shambles with other dealers (especially Mobile Connections) it's possible that some networks may assist in the near future with downsizing or cancellation, BUT I would hold fire for now. All the network lines etc. are likely to get swamped and usually there's a lot of confusion until things become clearer.

thanx for the advice MJ...thing is, i've finished my 12months contract already, and am on a retentions deal currently...CNM still owe me the 4th and 5th Cashbacks for 2 contracts....the 4th cashback was meant to be paid up at least 2 weeks ago. will going thru MCOL save my cashback or will it just be a waste of £30?

and is there any chance that PBD going down will have no bearing on CNM? i doubt it, but thought i'd ask

anyways, thanx for yours and everyone else's help:beer:
  • David_beach
    Options
    skip2mylou wrote: »
    thanx for the advice MJ...thing is, i've finished my 12months contract already, and am on a retentions deal currently...CNM still owe me the 4th and 5th Cashbacks for 2 contracts....the 4th cashback was meant to be paid up at least 2 weeks ago. will going thru MCOL save my cashback or will it just be a waste of £30?
    and is there any chance that PBD going down will have no bearing on CNM? i doubt it, but thought i'd ask

If you do a MCOL you will 99.9% loose onother £30

Coolnew & phoneboxdirect are part of the same Mobile Affililiates group.

Sorry
  • iabw12
    iabw12 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've literally just come back from the post office having posted off my first claim (1 of 5) to CNM. I took my last phone company to court via MCOL and won the complete amount. Perhaps on a realistic note, I've often seen on these threads/boards, that we should view cashback as a bonus and not as a right - even though legitimate contracts were signed and entered into by all. I shall be waiting with baited breath, and I suppose I should hope for the best and be prepared for the worst?!
  • flyer
    flyer Posts: 2,215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got 3 contracts with them. Haven't had a penny yet
    Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
  • adidas
    adidas Posts: 335 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received an email from Onecompare today saying that PBD and CNM have gone into liquidation meaning that I'm unlikely to get my money back. I had a contract with them that ended in July - they sent me an email on 20th Septemeber saying that they would send the cheque in the next 10 days and I still haven't received it. What should I do? I have seen that people have emailed the company to no avail. I rang all available numbers for PBD/CNM that I found on saynoto0870 and on their websites but there is no reply, not even from the sales number, it just rings out.

I am worried as I have a contract for this year with PBD and my mum's with CNM.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure