Coolnewmobile, merged threads

Options
1133134135136137139»

Comments

• mobilejunkie
    Options
    Interesting rant. Some truths - however, up until fairly recently research into this company provided almost universally excellent feedback, so would be nice to get the facts right on which the rant is based. Some of the rest is not unreasonable though. Of course, taking a calculated risk in the context of a very large number of successes makes no-one "brainless" or "!!!!!!" except the person jumping to conclusions. There's also nothing "hopeful" about making a profit - apart from a relatively small loss here I have and I'm sure a few other people have too. You are one extreme; the other is wrong about much too.

An "egotist" who wants to have a public rant really should put it on the (now and as stated on the one before the rant) main thread rather than an old one few people now visit.
  • Neillgb
    Neillgb Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    mick001 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but it kind of serves people right if they needlessly and greedily lapped up several contracts from these cowboys for the sake of what was clearly too-good-to-be-true cashback deals.

All for the egotistical sake of owning several mobiles or for selling them on hoping to make a profit.

And for those who purchased several (for family, etc) - or even just ONE - contract from such deceptive distributors are pretty moronic consumers to say the least, especially if you purchased a new contract from CNM et al within the past year.

A 30 second google search several months ago would have had the alarm bells ringing about this spider-company of fraudulent cowboys, from the sheer number of previous customers who had not received their promised cashback and who were also jumping through impossible and extremely unfair hoops just to claim it.

Surely the internet has given consumers an awareness and buying power that we have never seen before? Do people not do even basic research before committing themselves to credit-based, financially 'dangerous' products? It's !!!!!!.

People should also factor in such disaster scenarios as exactly this - so that if they do not receive their promised cashback, they can still afford the contract.

It is probably these hopelessly brainless buying habits that has led to the credit crunch meaning sensible consumers get burnt with the rest. CNM et al have just blown everything out of the water with the mobile distribution industry courtesy of management that would evidently have been barely capable of running a tuck shop.

Thanks to this (it is no fault of the consumer, but it IS the faut of the consumer to go anywhere near these hopelessly inept companies), you will probably see a massive reduction in redemption deals - if not a complete stop to them all. This could mean contract prices could rise (if the mobile operators agree to help affected CNM et al customers by reducing monthly premiums, then they will) and/or you will be tied into 18 month contracts to get the "better" deals, which all offer very bad value for money when you factor in those additional 6 months.

So to sum up:
    1. Research retailers, ESPECIALLY if you are buying financial products (like mobile phone contracts)
    2. Don't buy beyond your means - this horrifically moronic behaviour only leads to bankruptcy and quite deserved if you ask me; it is easily avoidable unless you are desperate for essentials (rent, etc) as a pose to luxuries (mobile phones, etc)
    3. Expect redemption deals to be slowly phased out - already it is getting more and more diffiucult to find good deals from reputable dealers
    4. Expect higher contract prices with longer terms as operators try to claw back lost revenue from their 3G outlay's and poor (unexpected) data sales.
    Obviously a smart cookie!!

Suprised he has time to give us the benefit of his, admittedly retrospective, wisdom as he obviously has no need of a website dedicated to consumers rights.......
  • yabbas
    yabbas Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Neillgb wrote: »
    Obviously a smart cookie!!

Suprised he has time to give us the benefit of his, admittedly retrospective, wisdom as he obviously has no need of a website dedicated to consumers rights.......

lol - had to offer a thmbs up ;)
  • lez5075
    Options
    Hi people, I see today the CNM website doesn't work and the message they left on it. I could not believe it, I just could not believe it! I am absolutely furious with this company. I am now left with approx £450 out of pocket money because of these, these what shall I call them? feel like swearing at them so badly now.

I intend to take these people to court until justice prevails. I am not taking this, they can NOT do this. I intend to take every course of action in courts until I get what I am entitled to. I had had enough of this scam!

I guess thats the kind of world we live in today I suppose. It just not be right for such people to rip everyone off. I will not let this happen to me!

I will arrange to speak to my lawyer in the coming days and put a case. We shall fight til the end with this!

Any quick tips/recommendations people can give before I start this process....thank you.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Don't waste any more money - on paying your lawyer or starting court cases.

It's hard, but bite the bullet and move on.

Look through the thread for advice on minimising your monthly outgoings if you can by lowering your priceplan with your network.
  • mcmanlyn
    mcmanlyn Posts: 422 Forumite
    Options
    lez5075 wrote: »
    Hi people, I see today the CNM website doesn't work and the message they left on it. I could not believe it, I just could not believe it! I am absolutely furious with this company. I am now left with approx £450 out of pocket money because of these, these what shall I call them? feel like swearing at them so badly now.

I intend to take these people to court until justice prevails. I am not taking this, they can NOT do this. I intend to take every course of action in courts until I get what I am entitled to. I had had enough of this scam!

I guess thats the kind of world we live in today I suppose. It just not be right for such people to rip everyone off. I will not let this happen to me!

I will arrange to speak to my lawyer in the coming days and put a case. We shall fight til the end with this!

Any quick tips/recommendations people can give before I start this process....thank you.

Seriously don't waste your time in starting a court case - the company has gone bust! You have no-one to sue, so it's pointless! All you can do is put a claim into the administrators (which will no doubt give you nothing!) Ring your network and ask for a line rental reduction - it's the best you can hope for now!
    Wondering how to have a life & not rack up more debts...
  • kenfrost
    Options
    Update 20 December 2007

3 rang me this evening to advise me that they are still trying to get my money back for me.

Quite how they intend to do that is not at all clear.

They also have offered me a significantly reduced network rate for the coming year, plus the first 4 months free.

In addition to the reduced rate they are sending me a new Nokia handset.

I had to agree to accept this on the phone, they were not prepared to send me the details in writing first. However, I have 14 days to cancel.

They assure me that it in no way affects my rights to claim the money still owed by CNM, and that 3 are still trying to get my money back for me.

We shall see how this goes.

Source

http://kenfrostwtw.blogspot.com/2007/11/cool-new-mobile-bunch-of-scumbags-by.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure