🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Coolnewmobile, merged threads

Options

Comments

• Keith_F
    Keith_F Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sue them for the full amount on the basis that they have breached the contract and by wrongly rejecting one claim thay have automatically disqualified you from the other claims. In essence they are refusing to pay any claims so you can claim them all.
  • Keith_F
    Keith_F Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    paulfoel wrote: »
    OK. In my case they havent turned down my first claim just ignored it totally. No response to emails/ letters I sent.

So, following a final warning letter, I've done a claim for the whole amount. Had a letter back from the court saying that CNM are planning to defend the claim.

Do they normally do this? What happens next? I'm assuming in the next 14 days they have to come up with a defence...

They called me and settled about a week after telling the court they would defend the claim. By saying they will defend they a) Buy time b) test if you are prepared to push it that far.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Upon looking back it seems that your case was based on the fact they refused a claim and, therefore, all subsequent claims - so was entirely different. In the case of borosteve and many others they haven't refused any claim - they simply haven't paid. I have been in this situation myself (now resolved) and faced a similar question - with opposing advice. In order to decide I would recommend asking for a legal opinion. If you have any free legal cover with an insurance or other product it would be wise to seek advice on that particular point from them in my view.
  • I had my first claim turned down due to "claim month omitted". Subsequently I sent an LBA claiming the full amount within 14 days. They replied within 5 days saying that as a gesture of goodwill they would reinstate the remaining claims but the first claim would remain cancelled. Should I accept this or carry on and sue via moneyclaim for the full amount? Would the court think I was being unreasonable in not accepting their offer? Any advice would be appreciated.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    A tricky one! Personally, I think I'd insist on all the claims. They don't make "gestures of goodwill"; they know they're on sticky ground and so try to salvage a few scraps. I suppose the number of claims left against the one forgone might be a factor; but think you should ask for a legal opinion if you have access to a legal helpline.
  • libertino wrote: »
    I'm now on my second cashback deal with CoolNewMobile, started in September. Realised I've heard nothing about the 3-month free insurance - last time I got letters in the post about it.

I'm coming up to the end of the 3 months now so I need to cancel it (if I have in fact got it) before they start charging me for it. Has anyone got the phone number to cancel it?

Thanks!
    They didn't bother to send it to me either, but I wasn't suprised. I saved the insurance T&Cs at time of ordering and got the info from there:

0870 333 4832
    Customer Services
    Lifestyle Services Group Limited
    PO Box 395
    CREWE
    CW1 6WT

• libertino
    Options
    Thanks, I'll try this number from saynoto0870 first!: 01270 658600
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    StorminNorman, the situation here seems to be on the reason for your legal action.

On what grounds were you going to issue the summons?

Were they correct (according to the terms) in rejecting your claim, and you were wanting the relevant terms declared unfair in an action? (If so were you advised this would succeed?)

Or did you comply with the terms, yet they still rejected you? (ie. in fact they had no reason to not pay you, and it was they who breached the contract?)
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keith_F wrote: »
    They called me and settled about a week after telling the court they would defend the claim. By saying they will defend they a) Buy time b) test if you are prepared to push it that far.

Do they ever actually file a defence? If they do, what happens next?
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • libertino
    Options
    libertino wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try this number from saynoto0870 first!: 01270 658600

The number worked and I cancelled the insurance with no bother.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport