We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Orange Price changes ?

1…9293959798…235

Comments

  • have we worked out yet who is getting the text ? Which price plans etc ? Or will all orange handsets get it ?

    darren
  • WinDoze9t8
    WinDoze9t8 Posts: 18 Forumite
    johannab wrote: »
    hello again, yes buymobilephones.net have said anything after 5 months contract is fine to leave and am not obligated to give anything back. As i am 10 months in,i am fine.
    But as you have said,'what could they do?' ...lol

    thanks for all your help on here guys.

    [COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]Thats great - one free PS3 :p[/COLOR]

    another thing,my husband only signed up on june 9th and has subsequently received the 'text'...does that mean he can leave? or do they send the text to everyone regardless?

    You can leave if you got a text - I signed another deall on the 15th June but no text :mad:
  • brownmurder
    brownmurder Posts: 455 Forumite
    they told me it would be cancelled yesterday but i rang today to say it hadnt so they said it would happen monday now
    There is a Money Saving Expert quidclan, next time your on quidco have a look for it
  • Not sure if their stance is changing but i've just phoned them twice - they said they'd just come out of a briefing on this issue. I stated the breach of section 4.3 of the contract and the fact that even though i'm within my minutes there is nothing to say that I won't next month.

    Both times they have told me that I am not entitled to cancel and if I still want to, to take legal advice.. :mad:

    Ofcom and Watchdog next I think..
  • Hi,

    My girlfriend wants to cancel her contract with Orange as she is unhappy with her phone and deal, not specifically with Orange. However, she has found a deal on BuyMobilePhones.net which she loves which gives her a free new top of the range phone, better minutes / texts and internet as well as £310 cashback.

    Would she be entitled to ring up and cancel her current contract, but then sign up to a new one with Orange using the deal she has found?

    Or would that be a bit dodgy? :-/
  • shell1000
    shell1000 Posts: 222 Forumite
    WinDoze9t8 wrote: »
    Orange will allow you to upgrade within the last 3 months of your contract but the 3 months will be added to the new contract. you could have always added a data bundle at little cost - like £5 per month for 500MB if you talk to the right person otherwise £7.50 for 250MB

    Yeah but the deal they are offering is not starting a new contract just a reduction on my existing deal so i can still leave in november..

    plus they are offering me free data, unlimited texts and 600 minutes all for 19.57 a month which is the 02 simplicity deal

    i could buy a blackberry or other phone on orange.. but at the moment im not sure what phone i want. the iphone attracts me, but is it that good? its only on 02 too, a few people have said the iphone is coming to orange.. is it really? and when? if anyone can appease me i might choose to hang on with orange..
    Mortgage free wannabe!:
    11/11/08 - £137,674 ----> 09/01/12 - £131,432 :j
  • Fork86
    Fork86 Posts: 398
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks to this mass exodus, I have been offered 2 fantastic retention deals from Orange in a bid to keep my custom :p
    Try to imagine nothing ever existed...
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    frogstomp wrote: »
    Not sure if their stance is changing but i've just phoned them twice - they said they'd just come out of a briefing on this issue.

    Did they happen to mention what their official policy on deciding who's eligible is, by any chance?

    Regards,
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Did they happen to mention what their official policy on deciding who's eligible is, by any chance?

    Regards,

    Nope, they checked and confirmed that I had received the text, confirmed my eligibility but then said they would not let me cancel my contract and that I should seek legal advice.
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    Cool, thanks, just curious.

    Cheers,
    “Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.